So, I have a confession...

RocketSledFight

So I have a confession...

I am an addict.

It is an addiction that I have devoted weeks if not months worth of time to.

I am truly, madly, deeply addicted to audio commentaries.

In my DVD collection spanning over 200 titles, I have watched nearly every available commentary, barring some of the terrible ones.

In desperate times I have even turned to sharecrow.com to get my fix.

Can anyone suggest DVDs that have great commentaries I may be unaware of?

I need to feed the hunger.

The Man

RocketSledFight said:
So I have a confession...

I am an addict.

It is an addiction that I have devoted weeks if not months worth of time to.

I am truly, madly, deeply addicted to audio commentaries.

In my DVD collection spanning over 200 titles, I have watched nearly every available commentary, barring some of the terrible ones.

In desperate times I have even turned to sharecrow.com to get my fix.

Can anyone suggest DVDs that have great commentaries I may be unaware of?

I need to feed the hunger.

Oh, you're not alone. A good commentary can be of more worth than all the other extra's. Ridley Scott's are always good value. The Omen's commentary between Richard Donner and Stuart Baird is wonderful, too.

The Drifter

I like Sly Stallon's commentary.
He gives nice behind the scenese info, and I find him pretty listenable.
Try his Rocky Balboa, or his Rambo ones.

ReggieSnake

I've been borrowing the season DVDs of the Dick Van Dyke Show from a friend and they have some great audio commentaries with Carl Reiner and Dick Van Dyke. It's my favorite 60's sit-com, maybe my all-time favorite comedy.

TheMutt92

I kinda like Michael Bay's commentary for Transformers. There are a few instances where he goes silent for a brief bit, but other than that its great. Also, the cast commenatary for Ocean's 11 (remake) w/ Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, and Andy Garcia is pretty great.

But if you want entertainment Rutt and Tukes commentary on Disney's Brother Bear is one of the funniest thing I've heard on a commentary!

Gustav

I liked Brendan Fraser's commentary on The Mummy. Miss Congeniality has a very funny one with Sandra Bullock. Mallrats has a funny one too.

TravisBickle

If you can stomach it, any of Uwe Boll's commentary. He legitimately believes his movies are good, and it's hilarious how delusional he is. In one of the movies it is clear he recorded the commentary in his room because he has to shoo his dog away.

Goonie

The Goonies has a great commentary. The footage switches between the movie and the reunited cast in the studio where they are recording the commentary. You get to see the Goonies all grown up. Director Richard Donner is also taking part. Actors present during the commentary are:
Ke Huy Quan (Data)
Corey Feldman (Mouth)
Sean Astin (Mikey)
Kerri Green (Andy)
Josh Brolin (Brand)
Jeff Cohen (Chunk)
Martha Plimpton (Stef)
It would've been great if Robert Davi and Joe Pantoliano would've been there too but I guess they couldn't make it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
There's a similar commentary on <I>Willy Wonka on the Chocolate Factory</I>, with all of the children grown up. It's wonderful, though you get the feeling that the actor who played Augustus Gloop, being a non-native English speaker, never quite meshed with the others either at the time or in the recording studio. A shame.