The other officer with Gobler

Kooshmeister

Eegads, this thread has the mark of the Beast! Look! :eek:

666.jpg

Kooshmeister

Stoo, do you have any links that have pictures of the Wehrmacht ranks showing the major insignia Gobler has, and saying it's a major? I've Googled and found nothing and I need to reference it for Gobler's page on the Indy Wiki because there's this guy who edits the page to say Gobler is a sergeant....

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
Stoo, do you have any links that have pictures of the Wehrmacht ranks showing the major insignia Gobler has, and saying it's a major? I've Googled and found nothing and I need to reference it for Gobler's page on the Indy Wiki because there's this guy who edits the page to say Gobler is a sergeant....
Strange. Why he would think that? Apart from the insignia, tell him that if Gobler was a sergeant,
he wouldn’t be wearing an officer’s uniform (tall boots & necktie) and wouldn’t be receiving orders
from a colonel! A sergeant is an enlisted man and Dietrich would not even be talking to him.

So, everytime you edit Gobler's entry to say Major, he changes it to Sgt.?:confused: That's funny!
This page is pretty complete:

http://www.packrat-toyz.com/Reference/heer.htm

I just took a load of screencaps to point out some of the obscure insignia in "Raiders"
(and more proof that Gobler is a Major). Will post 'em soon.:D

P.S. Forgot to ask you...Have you spotted Tall Captain anywhere during the Ark ceremony?
There doesn't seem to be any close shots of him and after the canyon scene, he just seems to disappear.

Last edited:

Kooshmeister

Stoo said:
Strange. Why he would think that?

I pointed out the difference in uniform, especially since there is an actual sergeant to go by in the film (the Tough one). So far he hasn't edited it back.

Stoo said:
P.S. Forgot to ask you...Have you spotted Tall Captain anywhere during the Ark ceremony?
There doesn't seem to be any close shots of him and after the canyon scene, he just seems to disappear.

No. I've looked and looked. The guy just isn't there. My only assumption is he returned to the base for whatever reason....

Oh and he has a name now, too. Er, has had a name for quite some time, that is. The novelization calls him Captain Mohler. This is canon apparently (like Toht's first name being Arnold according to the same book).

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Mohler

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
No. I've looked and looked. The guy just isn't there. My only assumption is he returned to the base for whatever reason....
Capt. Mohler knew the power of the Ark!:eek:

Here are the first 2 in my photo analysis on the various insignia of "Raiders":

Insignia_Dietrich_01.jpg

Insignia_Gobler_01.jpg

Kooshmeister

Whoa, Stoo, those are very impressive (you misspelled Gobler's name but that's a minor nitpick). So, mountain troops, eh? There were some mountains in the desert as poor Gobler found out the hard way. :whip:

ReggieSnake

Wow, Stoo! You never cease to amaze me! Nice work on the analysis. You and Koosh should do an article for theraider.net about Nazi officers' insignia in the films.

Kooshmeister

Well, Stoo is the real expert. He's the one who deduced Gobler's rank based on his epaullettes. All I can do is parrot the info at the appropriate places (i.e. the Indy Wiki). I will confess I have a knack for "figuring out" minor characters, though, like the guy who is the original topic of this thread.

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
Whoa, Stoo, those are very impressive (you misspelled Gobler's name but that's a minor nitpick). So, mountain troops, eh? There were some mountains in the desert as poor Gobler found out the hard way. :whip:
D'oh! Don't know what I was thinking!:eek: Thanks for the kind words, Koosh and Reggie (but I'm no expert)!
If Gobler didn't die from his famous cliff dive, he probably would have snuffed it at the Ark ceremony.:dead:
Here's the corrected Gobler and one for the original topic of this thread (named after Koosh's idea).

Insignia_Gobler_01-1.jpg

Insignia_Belzig_01.jpg

Kooshmeister

Why the question marks for "Belzig's" lapel insignia, if you know it means Panzer Division? (Also I love that you used my nickname for him. (y) )

Stoo

Because there's never a clear enough shot to see if they're actually pink.
Considering Dietrich & Gobler's are mis-matching, "Belzig's" could be, too.
(Stay tuned next week for: Tall Captain and that loveable brute, Pat Roach!)

Montana Smith

Looks like the props department just picked up the first uniforms on the rack!

Don't know what's going on with the mismatched shoulder boards and collar tabs. As we know, the Mechanic also ended up with a feldpolizei tunic.

Stoo

Montana Smiffy said:
Looks like the props department just picked up the first uniforms on the rack!
Indeed!
Montana Smiffy said:
As we know, the Mechanic also ended up with a feldpolizei tunic.
The mechanic's orange epaulettes are just barely visible in the film (if you freeze-frame the part) but there is a better photo which I'll be posting shortly.;)

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Indeed!
The mechanic's orange epaulettes are just barely visible in the film (if you freeze-frame the part) but there is a better photo which I'll be posting shortly.;)

A lot of things are going to be happening shortly, Stewie. You're going to be really busy! :hat: