Ideas For New Indy Actor

|ZiR|

I don't think Tim Matheson or Tom Selleck would have been bad choices. I sort of agree about Richard Dean Anderson but he was too pretty to play Indy back in the day.

Indy~Annie

lol i love Richard Dean Anderson as Macgyver!(y)

but i cant see him being a Indy.

i cant any way think of some one else being him besides the greatest Actor ever!!:D

i cant even try pretend.lol

Agent Z

The problem with this is that we have the physical model of Ford so ingrained within our Indyverse, that we automatically start going towards actors who resemble Harrison.

I liked the choice already mentioned of Clint Eastwood, especially using 20/20 hindsight now and knowing how well the man has aged. Although I wonder if audiences back then would have been taken out of the illusion, seeing "Dirty Harry" with a bullwhip? I mean, we already knew Harrison, but for whatever reason, I never once thought "Hmmm, what is Han Solo doing in the jungle?". Strange.

IndysGal41

how about bruce campbell from army of darkness??

images

Kevin

For his time, Ford was a great choice, but I think Robert Redford could have pulled it off too.

robert.jpg

If ROTLA was made in 2008 rather than 1981, I think Aaron Eckhart would have made a good Indy.

blackdahlia.jpg

Indy1986

sorry but no one else but ford could be indy....he is the movie it wouldnt work without him....this is not james bond...it has to be ford, even shia as lead character and ford just as father like connerey in crusade, wouldnt work for me

Errex

I don't think anybody else would have made a better Indy than Ford. He had this likeable/hard-edged quality that was completely convincing either when trying to charm Marion or pulling out a gun on you. :gun:

Agent Z

The Man said:
Eternal shame on you all! There is only one Indiana Jones...

attachments.php

As long as he isn't "reviewing" films for Germany, I'm all for it.

Save one country at a time, the angels told me...... (y)

The Man

Jeff Bridges. One of the most casually watchable actors around. Just as underrated as Ford aswell...