Our prayers go out to United Kingdom

indifan101

I pray for their families and loved ones! Pray for the famlies of the lost ones. Their deaths with be justified. And the terrorists will pay.

Paden

I ran across this article by columnist Christie Blatchford. Although it provides some additional information on yesterday's terrorist strike, it really speaks to the great resilience of the UK, and especially Londoners, in the face of such a terrible tragedy.

Jay R. Zay

yet another opportunity for indifan101 to arouse a little argument? after we're done with the last "the terrorists will pay" "nuke them all", let's start a new thread? i think, each of us had enough opportunity to inform the board about his point of view. if you want to pray, do so. but think about how reasonable it is to warm this up again. if you can't live without your daily dosis of trouble, perhaps you might want to find a different forum for this?

Grimdiana Bones

Paden said:
I ran across this article by columnist Christie Blatchford. Although it provides some additional information on yesterday's terrorist strike, it really speaks to the great resilience of the UK, and especially Londoners, in the face of such a terrible tragedy.

Interesting article, thanks for the link

indifan101

Jay R. Zay said:
yet another opportunity for indifan101 to arouse a little argument? after we're done with the last "the terrorists will pay" "nuke them all", let's start a new thread? i think, each of us had enough opportunity to inform the board about his point of view. if you want to pray, do so. but think about how reasonable it is to warm this up again. if you can't live without your daily dosis of trouble, perhaps you might want to find a different forum for this?
la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.

Zharah

I am extremely sadded and angered at what had happened in London. It's sad to see something that terrifying repeating itself again. My good wishes go out to the families who were affected.

As for some of the opinions expressed on this board, I was DEEPLY offended. VERY DEEPLY. It also saddens me that not all people are open-mined and RESPECTFUL of other people's cultures. I am NOT sticking up for terrorists, I'm speaking of the innocent people in the countries that the terrorists are basing their operations in. Just because a group of individuals who are stupid decide to do a crime, it is NOT the country's fault. It is that group of people... please understand this. I don't want any country bombed because of terrorists. Please people, CHOOSE YOUR WORDS WISELY! I know the anger was speaking at the time, but you have to remember, we in America have every race within our borders and by speaking out in anger, you WILL offend someone.

Also, I'm VERY displeased with the amount of foul language going on in this board. This is absolutely ridiculous. If you can't say something without using proper words, then please... refrain from losing everyone's respect and don't say it at all. What happened to the 'no foul language' rule???

That is all I have to say.

Indyologist

My sincere condolences to Canyon and anyone else at the Raven who hails from the UK. I can only recall the horror and numbness that 9/11 seared in my memory when I saw the news of what happened in London. As Americans, whatever Britain feels, we feel too. Whether you lose over 1000 people or less than 100, that kind of senseless attack is enough to leave a whole country feeling frightened and vulnerable. I know, however, that the British will bounce back using their well-known resolve and resilency. I thought Her Majesy the Queen was so brave as she defiantly rode in an open-air parade through the streets! I can only be grateful that our American pluck has its roots in Britain! I hope that England deals with her loss and heals from it quickly and that those responsible will be brought to justice. Kisses, hugs and condolences to you all.

Last edited:

Canyon

Hey, Indygirlfriend! Thanks for the kind wishes. :D

I've read comments regarding this from some American people, and it's great, cos you're all so understanding in the way we feel.

I love you guys! :D

Canyon

Routledge said:
Hello! Canyon!

Nice to see a fellow countryman or countrywoman in your case is an Indy Fan! Pleased to meet you!

Routeledge, thanks.

See my reply to your thread here. :D

BTW, which part of the UK are you from?

Routledge

Canyon, I live in Bromley, in Kent ( near London ). Lived here 20 years exactly and I still don't know my local geography! Pah!

westford

Zharah said:
I am NOT sticking up for terrorists, I'm speaking of the innocent people in the countries that the terrorists are basing their operations in. Just because a group of individuals who are stupid decide to do a crime, it is NOT the country's fault. It is that group of people... please understand this. I don't want any country bombed because of terrorists.
Well said Zhar! The terrorists were British anyway, should we be nuking ourselves? I don't think so...

My sincere condolences to everyone involved. I don't want any country bombed because of terrorists. When a misfortune strikes us, we can overcome it either by removing its cause or else by changing the effect it has on our feelings, that is, by reinterpreting the misfortune as a good, whose benefit may only later become clear. Religion and art (as well as metaphysical philosophy) strive to effect a change in our feeling, in part by changing the way we judge experiences (for example, with the aid of the tenet, "Whom the Lord loves, he chastens") and in part by awakening a pleasure in pain, in emotion generally (which is where tragic art has its starting point). The more a person tends to reinterpret and justify, the less will he confront the causes of the misfortune and eliminate them; a momentary palliation and narcotization (as used, for example, for a toothache) is also enough for him in more serious suffering. The more the rule of religions and all narcotic arts decreases, the more squarely do men confront the real elimination of the misfortune?of course, this is bad for the tragic poets (there being less and less material for tragedy, because the realm of inexorable, invincible fate grows ever smaller) but it is even worse for the priests (for until now they fed on the narcotization of human misfortunes). ( a + jb )n = (r ejq )n = rn (ejq) n = rn (ejnq ) = rn ( cos nq + j sin nq)
where r2 = a2 + b2
and q = tan-1(b/a) I can only recall the horror and numbness that 9/11 seared in my memory when I saw the news of what happened in London. As Americans, whatever Britain feels, we feel too. Whether you lose over 1000 people or less than 100, that kind of senseless attack is enough to leave a whole country feeling frightened and vulnerable. I know, however, that the British will bounce back using their well-known resolve and resiliency. I thought Her Majesy the Queen was so brave as she defiantly rode in an open-air parade through the streets! I can only be grateful that our American pluck has its roots in Britain! I hope that England deals with her loss and heals from it quickly and that those responsible will be brought to justice. Kisses, hugs and condolences to you all. ;)

I am extremely saddened and angered at what had happened in London. It's sad to see something that terrifying repeating itself again. :( My good wishes go out to the families who were affected.

Last edited:
"i wasn't the one who brought this part of the topic back, indyfan. it was your idol ToJ and gladhatter. and no, you didn't literally say *exactly* this, true."

Jay R. Zay give it a rest, nobody likes you. Okay so I've been thinking about the world and the idea of terrorism and all that, and have come to some conclusions. Some of you wont like what I have to say, and no doubt it reads kind of garbled and blunt. But thats cause I'm trying to spew out all of what Im thinking in a short space of time, so there are bound to be gaps. But here goes:

All the new terrorists and bombers are probably unrelated to others, and there is no global islamic conspiracy against the west. They (terrorists) all have their own individual agendas, not controlled by one mastermind evil guy like (some) people think. 9/11 and Bin Laden probably just illustrated to other extremists that they can blow **** up and make the world see and listen. So now you get ***** in the UK blowing up buses in London etc.. Yet the western world's attitude still seems to be that there is some global Islamic extremist conspiracy to bring down the west. Which seems kind of stupid to me. Sure they are linked in that they are islamic, but I think thats just a small aspect which is overshadowing the real problem, which is why the **** these guys are doing this in the first place. I mean, I dont think they are all united in some conspiracy against democracy, its that they have their own issues and things but democracy is such a joke these days that they feel they have to resort to such extreme action just to be heard. I mean, democracy these days is a crock of ****. You get to vote for some wealthy polititian who 'represents' you or your values or whatever... but they're all full of **** anyway. They change their values to suit themselves, and the individual is left without a voice. The only vote I feel comfortable ticking (in my country) is NO CONFIDENCE. Cause they all suck in one way or another, its like.. democracy seems to be a guise that polititians just hide behind to keep the masses content, or appeased, tricked into thinking that their values actually matter. So leaders can do what they want, and guide their country in a direction regardless of morality and equality.

Yeah terrorists suck, and kill innocent people. But lets face it, they are being heard now. It seems to me that these days violence is the only form of protest that is still listened to or even noticed. Which is sad and disgusting. People and their concept of democracy are false and idealistic, and bombings remind me of this.

NOTE: I am aware I live in a free country, and am lucky do be able to do as I please and say what I like, but I'm not so deluded to think that my individual voice matters to my government and what they stand for. END RANT

"yet another opportunity for indifan101 to arouse a little argument? after we're done with the last "the terrorists will pay" "nuke them all", let's start a new thread? i think, each of us had enough opportunity to inform the board about his point of view. if you want to pray, do so. but think about how reasonable it is to warm this up again. if you can't live without your daily dosis of trouble, perhaps you might want to find a different forum for this?"

Do you have terrorist leanings Jay R. Zay?