Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

Sharkey

Since you're forcing me to point it out I will.
Matt deMille said:
I think the reason his execution scene was cut was because Spielberg knew that'd be too much of a downer because he's just so cool of a character.

But I'm sure you knew what I meant.

Stoo

Sharkey said:
But I'm sure you knew what I meant.
You think Indy catching a falling egg would be a downer?:p

Pale Horse said:
I like crow, it tastes like chicken. If (the egg fall and catch) is on the tape...I'll concede. But I won't have to. I'll forward the recipes if need be.
Heh heh. Eating crow. I've tasted crow once or twice but won't be needing any recipes this time around.;)

Sharkey

Stoo said:
You think Indy catching a falling egg would be a downer?:p

Eggsactly.

Heh heh. Eating crow. I've tasted crow once or twice but won't be needing any recipes this time around.;)

No need for recipes sure, you like your crow raw after all.

Hanselation

JayDee said:
I contacted a cutting service from a local german tv station which aired a show in 1984. It had the Shorty actor as a guest star, and I read on another Indy board that he has seen this clip we all speak about in this show as a promotion for ToD. They will call me in the next few days if they are able to send me the show on CD.

Last chance I see for me...

JayDee said:
I received an answer from the TV station. They will send me the show on DVD, but it can take 2 - 4 weeks until I get it.

Now it's nearly 3 weeks ago that you wrote that. I hope you'll get the clip in the near future, but I will be wondering if we see a falling egg. ;)

JayDee

Ich weiß Hans, ich warte selber noch ungeduldig. Mehr kann ich leider momentan nicht tun :( Aber ihr werdet es innerhalb von 10 Minuten erfahren, sobald ich die Disc in meinem Briefkasten habe ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
In english Fenster!

When you get it we'll know in 10...I have a prediction.:D

Once he has the disc in his mailbox? Well, sure, but like he just told Hans, he can't do anything else right now, other than wait impatiently himself.

JayDee

That´s right guys, sorry for the divagation ;)

There is nothing I can do right now besides waiting, just like you. But I promise you: Once I hold the disc in my hands, it will take 10 minutes until I tell you if the scene is on it ;)

JayDee

Just a short info: The DVD has arrived. Unfortunately I am at night shift right now. In 10 hours you will get the answer if the scene is on it or not.

michael

JayDee said:
Just a short info: The DVD has arrived. Unfortunately I am at night shift right now. In 10 hours you will get the answer if the scene is on it or not.
Woot! Big fan of this thread!

Any chance of being able to upload??

JayDee

And I was never so eggcited in the last couple of weeks as I am right now. I guess I will be at home in 7 hours if I drive like an insane ape. 10 minutes to search the scene... 5 minutes to tell you about... 10 minutes to upload the clip if it´s there. So forget the 10 hours I told you about.

michael

This is kind of a breath of fresh air in this forum with no Indy 5 news. Didn't think I really needed to explain this.