indiana jones teaser poster at theaters

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Went to the movies yesterday. No teaser posters up still. hecdk, even NZ seems to have it before us. :rolleyes: That's just typical.

sttngfan1701d

I wonder if the whole thing with the crate is, instead of being the Ark, a joke that Indy doesn't want abother artifact to be taken away by "Top Men" again? Maybe he's making sure that won't happen by stamping "Property of Dr.Jones" all over it. ;) If the crate is referenced in the film, that is.

Dr. Indy Jones

sttngfan1701d said:
I wonder if the whole thing with the crate is, instead of being the Ark, a joke that Indy doesn't want abother artifact to be taken away by "Top Men" again? Maybe he's making sure that won't happen by stamping "Property of Dr.Jones" all over it. ;) If the crate is referenced in the film, that is.

lol, so true!!

TheLastCrusader

Found a pretty cool banner

indy.jpg

No Ticket

sttngfan1701d said:

I've always assumed the crate was just a generic Indiana Jones type object... like the suitcase next to it in that display.

I think the display is kinda ho-hum personally. I'd rather see something cooler likeeee... a temple display with skulls or something in it and a silhouette of Indiana Jones with a giant Kingdom of the Crystal Skull logo!

Professor Jones

No Ticket said:
I'd rather see something cooler likeeee... a temple display with skulls or something in it and a silhouette of Indiana Jones with a giant Kingdom of the Crystal Skull logo!

If they mean to launch the movie as they did, for instance, for Harry Potter saga, I believe we can expect something like what you're talking about: some stand or display with big adventure scenery (something more than a crate and a luggage, even if I'd say that the crate with the hat above is quite suggestive).

NileQT87

i was at the theaters twice this month. today i saw the indy poster (sweeney todd rocks!).

i think spain is beating all our theaters. i wish we had that display. :'( granted, i still slightly prefer (try 'drooling over') that depp reflected in the razorblade standee that i saw in ojai, ca--that standee was GORGEOUS! (i got dragged to the golden compass with my nephew... i think i enjoyed that film more than him, though--it was ok... different. it scared his friend, who had to leave the film about 30 minutes early with my half-brother.)

now, if they get indy with the bullwhip or a standee of that sort--that would be awesome. though, the ark crate with the fedora isn't bad. certainly beats the almost hidden poster that i saw today. probably because the release is so far away. it didn't look like it was given a very good advertising place at the theater. i pointed it out to my mom, though. the theater really was into advertising the little kiddie films. indy IV will probably be my next trip to the theater (if i don't take myself back for more sweeney--did i mention i loved that movie?).

thankfully, alvin and the chipmunks hadn't come to the theater, yet, when my nephew wanted to go to the movies (i lost my stomach for the chipmunks when i saw mimes dancing to the chipmunks christmas song on a beach--yes, that really happened on the frank sinatra "welcome home, elvis" timex show). now *that* will cure all desire to watch the chipmunks. i'm very glad i went to visit my nephew before that came out (he really wanted to see it--yikes!)... i'd rather be baked into a meat pie. dear god, i hope there aren't sequels. and national treasure doesn't excite me at all, either... despite the indy rip-off link. i don't like nick cage almost as much as i can't stand those little rodents. lol.

i'm not really excited (personally) by nolan's batman films, so may definitely has no competition from me. indy all the way!

i hope we get the indy IV trailer soon! it's one of the two movies i've been looking forward to for months! just 5 more to go.

Last edited:

IndyFalco

TheLastCrusader said:

I know it's off the topic, but I think that "TheLastCrusader" has a really awesome screen name.

TheLastCrusader...I wish I had thought of that one(y)

Back to the original topic, Ive yet to see any signs of IJ4 in any of the local san diego theatres...

IndyFalco

TheLastCrusader said:

indy.jpg

I know it's off the topic, but I think that "TheLastCrusader" has a really awesome screen name.

Back to the original topic, Ive yet to see any signs of IJ4 in any of the local san diego theatres...:whip:

Ska

If we're keeping track, I saw the teaser poster at out theater in southwestern Pennsylvania.

TheLastCrusader

IndyFalco said:

Heh, thanks!
I always had trouble finding a cool username.. Now I even got a compliment!
happyroll.gif

Professor Jones

By now, no teaser posters, nor stands, nor displays or banners in Italy.

Anyway I've reserved anything that arrives by a friend of mine, that's director of all the cityplex of cinemas in the town where I live... :D