Is it me, or are the DVD chapters spaced too far apart?

Dr.Jonesy

Since I got the Kingdom DVD back in Oct. 2008, I couldn't understand why this film felt so much shorter than the previous 3 films. I mean, it's the 2nd longest. And then it hit me today when my friend's parents had it on today at their house(What're the chances:p)

The DVD chapters are very far between. They're separated by long gaps, and I have to fast forward and rewind alot just to get to a specific part. And I think this contributes to the feeling that the film is shorter than it really is.

So has KOTCS' DVD chapter spacing annoyed you at all or made a difference in the feel of the film's length?

:hat:

Montana Smith

Dr.Jonesy said:
Since I got the Kingdom DVD back in Oct. 2008, I couldn't understand why this film felt so much shorter than the previous 3 films. I mean, it's the 2nd longest. And then it hit me today when my friend's parents had it on today at their house(What're the chances:p)

That means that I can now personally account for three copies of the DVD in existence! :confused: And there I was thinking I was in possession of a rare artifact (what with KOTCS being so universally hated!) :p

Dr.Jonesy said:
The DVD chapters are very far between. They're separated by long gaps, and I have to fast forward and rewind alot just to get to a specific part. And I think this contributes to the feeling that the film is shorter than it really is.

I never noticed that. I rarely use the chapters as most of my DVD viewing is on the PC, where I can just click the progress bar instead.

Dr.Jonesy said:
So has KOTCS' DVD chapter spacing annoyed you at all or made a difference in the feel of the film's length? :hat:

The short answer is 'no'. The longer answer, is 'no, not really.' :p

:hat:

Dr.Jonesy

Montana Smith said:
That means that I can now personally account for three copies of the DVD in existence! :confused: And there I was thinking I was in possession of a rare artifact (what with KOTCS being so universally hated!) :p

Sorry to hear about that, mate. It sucks to find out that your most precious relic isn't so rare afterall...:p

Actually every family I know has all 4 films either in a box set or separately. And guess what the shocker is, they love ALL of the movies!! :eek: :eek:

Montana Smith

Dr.Jonesy said:
Sorry to hear about that, mate. It sucks to find out that your most precious relic isn't so rare afterall...:p

Actually every family I know has all 4 films either in a box set or separately. And guess what the shocker is, they love ALL of the movies!! :eek: :eek:

Right about now, somebody in a bunker is probably reaching for their loaded gun... :gun:

Dr.Jonesy

Montana Smith said:
Right about now, somebody in a bunker is probably reaching for their loaded gun... :gun:

Nah...they have no need for a bunker. They're probably reaching for their gun as they're sitting in their lead-lined fridge...God knows that's all the protection they need!