Custom 1/6 JOCK the PILOT

mfisher

OK.. now for something different... Even though he is just a really minor character in Raiders.. Jock also pops up in some of the comics.. and he just has potential to be a really interesting character.. so I built up this small vignette to depict Jock in his hanger, perhaps as he is being approached by Indy to fly him in Peru :) Comments and criticism always appreciated !

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

mfisher

Hey Nurhachi... sure does :) I need to photograph the back of the figure.. a few other people have asked me the same thing on other forums... I also need to add his name tag over the right shirt pocket though...

Adam McDaniel

Holy Sh!+!!!!

My God, man! That's absolutely extraordinary!

I'd love to see a custom MARION figure from you, as the care and attention you've poured into this one proves your skill as an artist.

mfisher

Thanks fellas... adam, as much as I would LOVE a Marion figure in my collection, my problem is that I cannot sculpt very well... it was a stretch to sculpt the neck/adam's apple area on this figure... until sideshow produces a Marion for me to work off of.. I am out of luck ! ( but my custom Belloq figures are coming along !)

inky_skin

Although I'm used to working at 1:18th, your customs are really persuading me to step up to the larger scale. Simply amazing stuff - and your diorama pieces convey perfectly the backstory of each character. Rich in detail - perfectly executed :hat:

Stoo

mfisher said:
OK.. now for something different... Even though he is just a really minor character in Raiders.. Jock also pops up in some of the comics.. and he just has potential to be a really interesting character.. so I built up this small vignette to depict Jock in his hanger, perhaps as he is being approached by Indy to fly him in Peru :) Comments and criticism always appreciated !
Sound FX: Jaw hitting floor! *THUD* Absolutely INCREDIBLE, mfisher!:eek:

inky_skin said:
...your diorama pieces convey perfectly the backstory of each character. Rich in detail - perfectly executed
This diorama is just too PERFECT! The old flyer pin-ups, the oil stain on the floor, the various scratches on the gyp-rock wall, etc. (never mind the bench tools). BRILLIANT!

What is that cross-shaped object hanging on the top-right? Mfisher, if you have more pieces, I'd love to take a look.:hat:

mfisher

Hey Stoo... the cross shaped item is just that, a miniature celtic looking cross... ( figured Jock might have some kind of good luck "something or other" around..) as for other works... I do have a webpage with some older work on it... there is another recent vignette of Indy at a dig site/ base camp on the page though.. as well as the TOD priest figure... I need to update the page about Jock.. right now there are only pics of the Jock I did a long time ago and subsequently sold to one of the members here... most of the site is dedicated to the custom leather work I sell for Indy figures though..

http://web.mac.com/fishlippi/Site/Base_camp_vignette.html

mfisher

It was the older Jock figure that sold... I still own the one this thread is about.. hadn't considered selling it... but would be open to reasonable offers.. Pretty much any of my figure work is negotiable... selling off this stuff over time keeps my collection "new" to me and funds future projects.. so if you were interested in one of them just shoot me an email..