Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Irfaan

Chiliana Jones said:

Oh my words! Thanks! Those PSP screens (in my opinion) look better than anything I have seen so far, the amaze developed version looks absolutely awesome! Lucasarts undying love for the PSP (with a whole load of lucas-arts exclusives on it) just paid off! I will now be anticipating this game! YES! I can't believe it! Fantastic news!

At first I wanted a port of the Wii and PS2 versions because i worried the amaze developed PSP versions would be really bad, but thank goodness it's made from the ground up for the PSP, I see they made good use out of the tech for it.

Thank you Amaze and Lucasarts, I'm definitely picking up the PSP version and now actually looking forward to it!

tocksic

Irfaan said:
Oh my words! Thanks! Those PSP screens (in my opinion) look better than anything I have seen so far, the amaze developed version looks absolutely awesome! Lucasarts undying love for the PSP (with a whole load of lucas-arts exclusives on it) just paid off! I will now be anticipating this game! YES! I can't believe it! Fantastic news!

At first I wanted a port of the Wii and PS2 versions because i worried the amaze developed PSP versions would be really bad, but thank goodness it's made from the ground up for the PSP, I see they made good use out of the tech for it.

Thank you Amaze and Lucasarts, I'm definitely picking up the PSP version and now actually looking forward to it!

You know that those screens ain't from Staff of Kings right?

Irfaan

tocksic said:
You know that those screens ain't from Staff of Kings right?

What other Indy game could it be? It must be lol! For a start, it's widescreen and the images are at the PSP's resolution. The graphics are also similar to what the PSP can handle. I don't see anything a miss. I doubt it, but I hope that rumour of the PSP versioned cancelled isn't true, amazon have an image of the PSP boxart.

Last edited:

Chiliana Jones

it's the same game, just a different title. "staff of moses"...:rolleyes:

you can even see the "China Town" level and "Istanbul" level. and that riverboat etc...all a part of "Staff of kings"....at least what i have seen by concept arts and so on

CJ

indyjones2131

Yeah these have to be pre-alpha screens. Funny how different the player model looks - more in line with Emp. Tomb than what we've seen of SOK on the Wii. I never did like the player model in Emp. Tomb. Far too blocky and stiff. I will say it is nice not to be blinded by bloom lighting though.

Ska

I'm liking the riverboat idea. I always wanted to see Indy and co. creeping down some steamy croc filled river in the jungle. And since we haven't seen it on the big screen, I'll take it in a videogame.

dr.jones1986

Ska said:
I'm liking the riverboat idea. I always wanted to see Indy and co. creeping down some steamy croc filled river in the jungle. And since we haven't seen it on the big screen, I'll take it in a videogame.

ditto, i really love this concept. Has a very African Queen feel to it, one of my favorite old movies. Even a little Jungle Cruise/Adventureland feel...which obviously fits well with indy;)

Morning Bell

Ska said:

I really hope that plays a big part in the game, similar to the elephant chase that's been mentioned. Those would all be something different and fun to experience.

Indy's brother

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:
Contest for this win videogame in last past 2004, maybe can be today again back?

I know english isn't your first language, so I'm not trying to be a dick. What are you trying to say?? (try again, please)

|ZiR|

I think he's saying that there was a contest to win this game back in '04, and wants to know if that's back on.

Doesn't the Raider do contests like that? I dunno. I wasn't around to bless you all with my presence back then.

indyjones2131

Yeah, I entered that contest with Indiana Jones and the Tower of Knowledge...

Didn't place, but it was fun anyway.

I wish they'd have another with this game (or a wii :D ) as the prize.

tocksic

tocksic for president! (y)

The PS2 screen #1 is the first thing in weeks that made me happy about this game. The PS2 version seems to be graphically superior to te Wii. :) Satchel is a PSP exclusive? :p And the winter-gear seems to be the "Mystery of the Blues" one, right?

Playstation2:

41mk5NdCmML._SS350_.jpg

517YrKr2ryL._SS350_.jpg

41DJcJkld3L._SS350_.jpg

41nMVXB3wEL._SS350_.jpg

51VH7JIdVEL._SS350_.jpg

412iS3h2rWL._SS350_.jpg

51h3S9uHH4L._SS350_.jpg

PSP:

41FmJxvrMNL._SS350_.jpg

51hFp9bAKKL._SS350_.jpg

416-flUWulL._SS350_.jpg

41taW9N9SRL._SS350_.jpg

413nw69uF2L._SS350_.jpg

41v4OEhEDTL._SS350_.jpg

41wwXQ8qEXL._SS350_.jpg

41PI5BlDL3L._SS350_.jpg

41DYIg6VuVL._SS350_.jpg

41DX79c8UuL._SS350_.jpg

41P6D6vTvGL._SS350_.jpg

41GVx9mGXRL._SS350_.jpg

4136xorYmcL._SS350_.jpg

DS:

516rdHeRDaL._SS350_.jpg

51DoYbF8w-L._SS350_.jpg

51qPKUPTkHL._SS350_.jpg

51XWNfy%2BObL._SS350_.jpg

519rTsFCELL._SS350_.jpg

51vShzfSqjL._SS350_.jpg

51%2BLJ7mDu-L._SS350_.jpg

51URCQ1jInL._SS350_.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, tocksic! You are awesome!

Those PS2 screens look great! Now I am really excited about this game. Those graphics do look much better than anything we've seen for the Wii. That's strange, but since I have a PS2 I'm happy. Thanks for posting.

Looks like he doesn't have the satchel in the PS2 version too. But he does in the DS and PSP. That is still a bizarre mystery.

Now I am absolutely geeked for this game. The wait for release is going to be excruciating.

Here's hoping for some bigger hi res PS2 screenshots and some video soon!