Weather Where You Are

Peru1936

AlivePoet said:
I've heard Muju has some great places to snowboard/ski. Where are you heading?

Heading into the interior of Bukhansan National Park, in the valley between northern Dobongsan and southern Samgaksan.

AnnieJones

We got 20 1/2 inches of snow on the 6th of February and about 3 or 4 days later,we got 10 inches of snow.I hope that's all of the snow for a long while.The 20 1/2 inches of snow is way more than the average amount of snow that we get around here.The 10 inches alone is more than the average amount of snow that we get around here.

avidfilmbuff

Last night it was raining, and it was during that night that I heard the loudest crash of thunder that I had ever heard. Seriously, I thought an explosion had occurred nearby. It was so loud that it caused my house to vibrate. What a surreal experience.

Indysolo12

adventure_al said:
Just thought I'd ask as we've had a week of snow and freezing temperatures here in Scotland.

Which is more uncommon than you might think! As were totally unprepared for it being so bad some people are even snowed in and public transport has stopped running on some routes.

Think its currently -8C.

This time last year I was Snowboarding in Czech Republic and it reached -19C. They are much better prepared for it though.

Snowing on the first day of spring :sick:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
coverthb.gif

Probably not this year, but California prepares for an ARkStorm (Atmospheric River 1,000) of biblical proportions...

Mickiana

Rain, rain and more rain here in the subtropics. My city just had its first major flood in 37 years. We're built around a tidal river with a big dam upstream that got up to nearly 200% capacity! There's actually been quite a few deaths with a flash flood out west of Brisbane that washed away several towns and added its volume to our swollen water ways.

mattzilla2010

Holy balls, man. I've been hearing about those floods in Australia. Hope you don't get washed away! That would be quite sad indeed.

But anyway, 80 degrees and sunny in Los Angeles today. (y)

The Drifter

After three weeks of snow, sleet and freezing cold (with wind chill below 0). My area is now a balmy 43 degrees with rain on the way later today.

January, just like the ones I used to know...

Snow, Freezing Rain

icy.gif

29°F | °C
Current: Freezing Rain
Wind: NE at 12 mph
Humidity: 87%
Gear said:
Wow. Maybe Al Gore's right...
Nah, he's just selling books...
Mickiana said:
Rain, rain and more rain here in the subtropics. My city just had its first major flood in 37 years. We're built around a tidal river with a big dam upstream that got up to nearly 200% capacity! There's actually been quite a few deaths with a flash flood out west of Brisbane that washed away several towns and added its volume to our swollen water ways.
Been reading/seeing the fallout too...hope you're safe. Some of the flooding is towns up in the mountains?
Rocket Surgeon said:
Uneven gravity: Just as Earth's magnetic field has its variations, so does Earth's gravitational field. Readings from the European Space Agency's GOCE satellite have plotted the subtle differences in our planet's mass distribution, on land and in the oceans. "You'd think gravity is the same everywhere, until you start delving really deep into it," said Alice Enevoldsen, planetarium supervisor at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle (and the blogger behind Alice's Astro Info). Variations in Earth's mass could help explain how ocean circulation works and lead to better climate prediction models.

Inconstant sun: Speaking of climate, the variations in solar irradiance play a significant role in the warming and cooling trends experienced on our planet as well as on others. Some suggest that the sun is a bigger factor than human industrial activity when it comes to global climate change. Most climate scientists say greenhouse-gas emissions have been playing a more significant role lately, but variations in the amount of solar radiation hitting the planet are definitely a factor as well. Last year, one study found that the amount of solar energy reaching Earth increased even though the sun was at the low point in its 11-year activity cycle. And just today, scientists reported that the solar energy levels were actually lower than previously thought.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Snow, Freezing Rain

icy.gif

29°F | °C
Current: Freezing Rain
Wind: NE at 12 mph
Humidity: 87%

The frogs have finally stopped falling from the sky. (The last fish fell yesterday evening).

There's a dark shape on the horizon that's probably a plague of locusts.

It's all your fault for posting that picture of Michael and Indy.
horror1.gif

Apart from that it's just chilly, soggy underfoot, and a glaring low sun. Very dreary really.

Montana Smith said:
The frogs have finally stopped falling from the sky. (The last fish fell yesterday evening). There's a dark shape on the horizon that's probably a plague of locusts. It's all your fault for posting that picture of Michael and Indy.
It's probably just Crebain from Dunland...