General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

Dr.Sartorius said:
Yeah he looks exactly like he did in 2006 during the Firewall promotion. Hasn't aged at all in 4 years.

I actually think he looked much older and more haggard in Firewall. Than he does here. He must be keeping himself in shape. (for all the stunts he'll be doing in Indy 5 no doubt;) )

Montana Smith

Here's a page about Harrison vs. plastic surgery:

http://inyourface.freedomblogging.c...-showing-his-age-but-rejects-plastic-surgery/

Age 65:

harrison-ford-052008-071342.jpg

Age 58:

harrison-ford-090500.jpg

Age 53:

harrison-ford-121595.jpg

Age 47:

harrison-ford-071090.jpg

Age 36:

harrison-ford-100578.jpg

Another site on the same subject:

http://www.education.makemeheal.com/index.php/Ford,_Harrison

DocWhiskey

I say "blasphemy" to those articles! The Ford doesn't need any damn plastic surgery. Believe it or not, some people do age naturally. Plus most plastic surgeries always look kind of funky to me, and if Indy 5 did come along, how are we going to explain that facelift? Let the man be the man, Hollywood.

YouNeverKnow

I've always thought that Ford has aged rather well. Sure his face sorta leans one way but that's always been his charm, and I prefer real to fake in almost every facet of my existence. Plus he is still recognizable as Ford. Why change anything at all?

Dewy9

And that's why he's the man. He made a number of comments around the time of Indy 4 about how we need to get over this fear of aging we have. He insisted on keeping his hair silver for the movie, which looks great. He's also a "face actor", and botox and all that fakeness would really get in the way of his acting. I for one would love to look like him when I reach his age.

And plus, Indy gets beat to hell in the movies, so he should show some signs of wear. It gives him character. He's done a lot of living.

Indy's brother

Dewy9 said:
And plus, Indy gets beat to hell in the movies, so he should show some signs of wear. It gives him character. He's done a lot of living.

That just made me think, it'd be a cool nod to TOD if they show a glimpse of the whip scars on his back in Indy 5....

Indy's brother

Geoff Boucher, who will be conducting an interview with HF on the 19th has an open invitation for fans to submit their own questions for Mr. Ford. If you're feeling proactive, you can send him your interview question here. As I said in my previous post about this, it's inevitable that an Indy 5 question will be asked, so why not give him something good to use? Doesn't hurt to ask, you know! (I submitted mine, but it hasn't posted yet:D )

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
That just made me think, it'd be a cool nod to TOD if they show a glimpse of the whip scars on his back in Indy 5....
It's a cool idea but the chance was missed with "Skull" during the scrub-down scene. No whip scars on his back.:(

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
It's a cool idea but the chance was missed with "Skull" during the scrub-down scene. No whip scars on his back.:(

"Game's not over Lao," George has been known to "fix" things with different releases....and we still need a bluray box-set of all 4 films. then of course there's the bluray box set of both the OT and the NT a few years ahead;)

Texas

Indy's brother said:
Geoff Boucher, who will be conducting an interview with HF on the 19th has an open invitation for fans to submit their own questions for Mr. Ford. If you're feeling proactive, you can send him your interview question here. As I said in my previous post about this, it's inevitable that an Indy 5 question will be asked, so why not give him something good to use? Doesn't hurt to ask, you know! (I submitted mine, but it hasn't posted yet:D )

I'm wondering if George Lucas or Steven Spielberg are planning any interviews any time soon. We've heard from Harrison mention the possibility of Indy 5 within the past year, and we also heard that remark Shia LeBeof made about Indy 5 last summer when Transformers 2 came out, but not a peep from Lucas or Spielberg regarding Indy 5 in a long while. Those are the guys I'd love to hear from, especially Lucas.

Indy's brother

Texas said:
not a peep from Lucas or Spielberg regarding Indy 5 in a long while. Those are the guys I'd love to hear from, especially Lucas.

Fine. I'll see what I can do. :p
I get the idea that we won't hear a thing out of those two until it is either officially green-lit, or until it's progress can't be hidden any longer. Whichever comes first.

I actually hate to complain about the lack of info, or even a 5th film at all, because these guys don't work for me. (and don't bother arguing that our movie ticket and merchandise purchases mean that they do, you know what I mean, people). It's just frustrating when you constantly hear about SW stuff, and Indy is shuffled off into the corner like some rumpled and discarded old toy that GL refuses to let anyone else play with even though he's not as interested in it.

I know how it works with these guys, though, so I'll patiently wait out the process.

INT. SKYWALKER RANCH, GEORGE LUCAS' OFFICE

George (wearing his Jar-Jar mask) is deeply immersed in serious play-acting with some action figures. There is a Wookie in his left hand, Ashoka in his right. Harrison bursts through George's office door.

HARRISON
Hey buddy, they're killing me with all these Indy 5 questions, is there anything-

GEORGE
(pulling off his mask)
KNOCK, DAMMIT! How many times do I have to tell you to KNOCK before you come in here?

HARRISON
(embarrassed and humble)
Sorry, I just-

GEORGE
Did you see anything!?

HARRISON
(now staring at his own feet)
No George, I didn't see you playing with your DOLLS again​

Neither can make make eye-contact with the other.

GEORGE
What do you want?

HARRISON
I was just wondering if there is anything I can tell people about another Indiana-

GEORGE
That again? Can't you see how busy I am?

HARRISON
Uhhh yeah...with Star Wars

GEORGE
Yeah with Star Wars. You didn't want to do anymore of those, remember? You could've if you wanted, I would've even let you wear the stupid whip as Han again, remember?

HARRISON
C'mon George, let's just be reasonable abou-

GEORGE
I know you are but what am I!

HARRISON
Wait,...what?

GEORGE
Yer mom.

HARRISON
(using the "Ford Finger")
Now wait just a minute.​

Attempting to utilize "The Force", George waves his hand in the air towards Harrison.

GEORGE
You don't want anymore Indiana Jones, you want to play Han Solo again.​

The "Ford Finger" wavers and falls.

HARRISON
(deadpan)
"Oh forget it."​

As Harrison turns to leave,George casually lifts a plastic light-saber off of his messy desk.

GEORGE
(smugly)
That's right. Keep walkin, Harry.​

Harrison spins around and whips the toy out of George's hand with his bullwhip. George lets out a girlish shriek. Harrison catches the saber in his left hand and casts it aside.

HARRISON
You call me "Dr. Jones", Jorge. Got it?​

Whimpering, "Jorge" nods his head rapidly while rubbing his now sore wrist.

HARRISON
(motioning with his whip)
I want some progress, SOON.

GEORGE
You got it, Har-...D-Dr. Jones.​

Harrison nods, pulls a fedora out from behind his back. He sets it on his own head, pulls down the brim, looks around the room and exits.

GEORGE
(to himself)
I wish I wasn't so in love with him.​

Aaaaaaand SCENE.

Yeah....just like that.:sleep:

Last edited:

Ajax the Great

Indy's brother said:
INT. SKYWALKER RANCH, GEORGE LUCAS' OFFICE

GEORGE
(to himself)
I wish I wasn't so in love with him.​