Little things that make KOTCS awesome....

Col. Detritch

Can I just say its so got to hear such nice things being said about this film. So refreshing!:whip:

There are so many things that make KotCS so cool but one I just love. One word... Mac:D Is there another secondary character as cool as him (Besides Henry!:p ). He has it all, british accent, sence of humour, witty, untrustworthy, and is a good bad guy!;)

>There are three scenes that for me are the best in the movie and some of the best in the series- Hanger 51, The Jungle Chase, Ants! Wow! if Indy V can beat or match them scenes I could just die (but I won't because then I'd miss Indy V!:p ).
>Also theirs Irina, Dovchenco and the whole theme of using the Soviets and the Cold War.
>Marion!
>Good Dialoge (witt, smart, Indyesque!)
> Action/ adventure
> and its true to the character while still further developing him!

Originally Posted by indyrcks
What about when Mutt and Indy were on the motorbike and Indy gave Mutt a sign of disapproval that what exactly like Indy and his father in the Last Crusade do you think so

Yes that is. I've always enjoyed that bit. Mutt laughing, Indy's disaproval like his fathers and Marcus's head on a Russian's lap! What more could you want?

Originally Posted by kongisking
* Spalko putting her hands on Indy's legs while telling him that the skull wasn't made by "human hands." Someone has a secret cru-u-u-sh...* (*imagine being said in a sing-song voice)

lol, yes! And the way Indy sort of struggles to get away! Aww-kwww-ard!(Also singing voice!(y) ) :hat:

kongisking

Col. Detritch said:
Can I just say its so got to hear such nice things being said about this film. So refreshing!:whip:

There are so many things that make KotCS so cool but one I just love. One word... Mac:D Is there another secondary character as cool as him (Besides Henry!:p ). He has it all, british accent, sence of humour, witty, untrustworthy, and is a good bad guy!;)

>There are three scenes that for me are the best in the movie and some of the best in the series- Hanger 51, The Jungle Chase, Ants! Wow! if Indy V can beat or match them scenes I could just die (but I won't because then I'd miss Indy V!:p ).
>Also theirs Irina, Dovchenco and the whole theme of using the Soviets and the Cold War.
>Marion!
>Good Dialoge (witt, smart, Indyesque!)
> Action/ adventure
> and its true to the character while still further developing him!

Yes that is. I've always enjoyed that bit. Mutt laughing, Indy's disaproval like his fathers and Marcus's head on a Russian's lap! What more could you want?

lol, yes! And the way Indy sort of struggles to get away! Aww-kwww-ard!(Also singing voice!(y) ) :hat:

Good to see another rabid Indy 4 lover here!

kongisking

Something I noticed while playing "freeze-frame" on my DVD player: I love the fact that, almost ten years after the events of LC, Indy's class is still made up predominantly of women. Even at his age he still reels in the ladies! :cool:

arkfinder

Forrestal3657 said:
By far the best moment(s) was the campus chase including the library and of course, the Wilhelm scream.

I have to agree :D .

But, for me a close second is the sword fight on the back of the moving trucks, jeeps.

Indy's brother

I'll be honest, I didn't search the last 9 pages to see if this was brought up or not. It's kind of an obvious thing, but in the beginning when Mac betrays Indy and says, "I can't go home empty-handed again," it was a nice little nod to the fact that Dr. Jones rarely gets to keep his prize.

Also, It was kind of cool that the stuff they were "digging in the dirt" for when they were captured was boring clay pots....more like what a real archaeologist would typically be unearthing instead of some grand treasure. This is a great allusion to the older, more boring Indy that got "woken up" by the events of KOTCS.

Last edited:

FedoraHead

Not sure why I liked this part, it's nothing big:

"They had every right! They weren't vandals. They were federal agents with search warrants! "

I would have loved to have seen Marcus and Indy have this talk but the other guys did play it good.

Last edited:

FedoraHead

Indy's brother said:
Also, It was kind of cool that the stuff they were "digging in the dirt" for when they were captured was boring clay pots....more like what a real archaeologist would typically be unearthing instead of some grand treasure. This is a great allusion to the older, more boring Indy that got "woken up" by the events of KOTCS.

I liked that cause it seemed like a nod to the old "Read Along" story of Raiders. The opening line from the story book goes "For most people, archeology means digging up old clay pots, but not for Indiana Jones" I am not sure if the they wanted it to be a nob but it's funny that is the opening of the movie also.

FedoraHead

DocWhiskey said:
"Part time."

Still gets me squealing like a fanboy and remembering when the trailer first hit.

Have not seen the trailer in a long time but I remember liking the shot of "Part Time" in the trailer more. Not sure why and what is different.

The Drifter

FedoraHead said:
Have not seen the trailer in a long time but I remember liking the shot of "Part Time" in the trailer more. Not sure why and what is different.

It was cut differently. That was my favorite part of the trailer, and when I first seen the movie it lost some of it's impact.

Perhilion

I love everything that's already been mentioned, but just one thing I'll mention myself: Cate Blanchett as Spalko. Not only was she a great villain, I think she's the sexiest Indy girl since Elsa.:D

Meerkat

Especially that part where Indy asks Irina, "Do you want my help....or not?" and Irina replies with that smile....Great moment.

FedoraHead

I seen it a 1,000 times but just got this part. When Mutt says about Marion driving the car. "She got the drive to truck!" and Indy tells me to stop being a kid. I never even heard that part for some reason. It was great

Hanselation

My favorite scene is at the beginnig, when Indy uses his whip to start his escape out of Hangar 51, till he was knocked out on the rocket sled. That gave an "Indiana Jones"-action-feeling to me like I knew it from the first three movies. (y)