Watchmen

LostArk

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mSrgvJ2JyHs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mSrgvJ2JyHs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I came.

Twice.

graz

I have to say - this movie excites me more than TDK. Watchmen is such a great book and it looks like they have done a pretty good job with it (the character likenesses are good anyway...)

agentsands77

The graphic novel is brilliant. For the film to equal it, it would have to be a true masterpiece of filmmaking.

The movie... well, it looks pretty. Better than I thought it would. It's not exactly the visual direction I would have gone (think more BLADE RUNNER if you want my take), but at least it's very faithful. There's not much more to say than that.

|ZiR|

I'm guessing that trailer was made with fans of the comic in mind because, while it looks pretty, I honestly I have no idea what the heck this movie is supposed to be about. I am not too crazy about Zack Snyder, either... I dunno.

Seems like it could be cool. I have a love/hate thing going on about their costumes, which are hideous yet campy.

The guy with the inkblot face is neat, though. (y)

agentsands77

|ZiR| said:
Seems like it could be cool. I have a love/hate thing going on about their costumes, which are hideous yet campy.
Well, the costumes are supposed to have a camp element to them. There's supposed to be a silliness about them.

|ZiR| said:
The guy with the inkblot face is neat, though. (y)
Rorschach? He's a tough mother.

Jose Chung

There is no way this movie will be as good as the comic book.

If they keep Rorschach to character this movie will be successful.

This Watchmen comic series is one reason why I like DC.

Peacock's-Eye

I didn't like '300' & I've read WM every year since 1988 - I really didn't want this movie to be made. And yet - that trailer makes me want to see it.

RocketSledFight

I've been flirting with buying it for a long time now, even before I knew a movie was in the works. Seeing it on the shelf is always kind of an eye-catcher, but I decided it was finally right to give it the time of day ... just in time for that trailer to come out and EVERY copy snatched from the shelves around town.

TheMutt92

Fox has said it will seek an injunction blocking Warner's planned release of the film next March. Warner has argued that Fox should not be allowed to stop the movie, after standing by while Warner and its partners on the film, Paramount Pictures and Legendary Pictures, spent more than $100 million on the production, directed by Zack Snyder ("300").

The report also outlined conflicting requests for a trial date: as early as next June, if Fox has its way, or April, if Warner prevails.

Now I'm really startin' to despise Fox :mad:

TheMutt92

watchmenteaserposter.jpg

Simply cannot wait... (y)

TheMutt92

Dark Horizons got a chance to see the Watchmen footage that was screened in North America recently, but they also sat down with director Zack Snyder and learned new things, such as when we get to see two more trailers. Here's a clip:

The second however is on its way, attached to "Quantum of Solace" in theaters next Friday. Snyder says "I just saw the final version of it this morning... it's a little bit more story, a teeny bit more like a full trailer. This is much more like 'someone's picking off costume heroes'. You'll get a sense of the characters plight you know, 'we were supposed to make the world a better place... what happened to the American Dream'." Some elements have had to be changed for the trailer, most notably Dr. Manhattan's exposed genitals have had to be 'defocused' to be granted approval by the MPAA. He also confirms a third trailer will hit early in the new year.

He also talks about the test screening ending and much more here!

In related news, 1up.com has revealed the new cover of EGM magazine featuring Watchmen. The issue concentrates on the upcoming prequel game, "Watchmen: The End Is Nigh," which will be downloadable and episodic.

Defocused genitals??? :rolleyes: