So there WILL be an Indy 5 right?

RaideroftheArk

Moedred said:
Results are in!

So... Indiana Jones and the Son of Man? That's the winner?

That idea is awful. I mean I can understand why people thought aliens in Indiana Jones would be awful, but at least that has been something debated in archaeology and history even as radical as it sounds.

But Indy traveling back in time? To prove if Christ exists?

"Hi I'm Indiana Jones."

"Hi I'm Christ"

"Ok, I guess you're real, that was a fun adventure."

So Jesus Christ would be the new MacGuffin?

Sorry...re-vote, that was awful.

deckard24

Dewy9 said:
Harrison's like the reverse of dogs- 66 to him is like 55 to an average person, and he's not going to really age much in a span of 5 years.
I don't know man, 5 years can do a whole lot person even someone as gifted genetically as Ford! I agree that he still looks terrific for his age, but if you look at these pics which show his age progression roughly every 5 years since 1993, it's pretty apparent how much older he looks now.

2.jpg

Harrison20Ford.jpg

027885_12.jpg

harrison-ford-picture-1.jpg

It's only natural, but face wise he's gotten a whole lot craggier over the last few years. I agree though the faster they get on with it the better! After seeing Gran Torino it's obvious age doesn't have to be a factor for playing a badass, but as for doing the kind of stunts that the Indy films require, it's better for Ford to be on the younger side. I'm still impressed how much he did for KOTCS, and I'm sure he'll still be up for in the next few years. Hopefully they won't wait though until Ford is in his 70's to start Indy V!

Dewy9

I see your point, but at the same time, him in KOTCS looks much more like the 2002 picture than the 2008. I actually dig the older Indy look, in a way, because he looks a bit more weathered and grizzled. I watched KOTCS last night after seeing Raiders two nights before, and Indy's as badass as he ever was. There's no substitute for that.

The good grace of the Grail grey.

Old Indy is so kick ass because he drank from the Grail, his bones are stronger and his immune system turned up at full blast,the white blood cells infused with the Grail's power. He has been through so freakin much when we catch up to him in 1957, I want to know what he has been doing in the meantime.:cool: I think Indy 5 will have some of this info for us,thats awesome that Spielberg mentioned Indy 5 as the only character he would bring back,Lucas is looking for a Mcguffin,Steven has projects, Harrison we know is game, we are going to get it for sure.:hat:

deckard24

Dewy9 said:
I see your point, but at the same time, him in KOTCS looks much more like the 2002 picture than the 2008. I actually dig the older Indy look, in a way, because he looks a bit more weathered and grizzled. I watched KOTCS last night after seeing Raiders two nights before, and Indy's as badass as he ever was. There's no substitute for that.
I agree that older grizzled Indy is badass, but there's no competing in my opinion with TOD era Indy! As for him looking more like he did in KOTCS in the 2002 pic then the 2008 one, I can see that a bit. He definitely lost some weight from when that pic was taken, and he's kept that look since Skull hit theaters.
actually i think what's important is that he hasnt' changed all that much from 98-08

I gotta disagree, there's a big difference in my opinion from the Ford of Six Days and Seven Nights to the Ford of KOTCS!
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4wjbua7ZWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L4wjbua7ZWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Last edited: