TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #751
Udvarnoky
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,478
I mean, we're still 18 months away from when they're presumably going to start filming. Koepp claimed in the fall that he and Spielberg have had active story discussions and had settled on a McGuffin. Sounds like they're on track to me.

Also, until Koepp actually turns in a completed draft, it's not out of the question that Marshall would be out of the loop. Development is probably going to be strictly between Koepp and Spielberg for awhile.

Crystal Skull received script approval in December of 2006, and went before cameras in June 2007. If Marshall is saying "There's nothing on paper" twelve months from now, then I'd be worried, but until then it's early days.
Udvarnoky is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #752
Walecs
IndyFan
 
Walecs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
I mean, we're still 18 months away from when they're presumably going to start filming. Koepp claimed in the fall that he and Spielberg have had active story discussions and had settled on a McGuffin. Sounds like they're on track to me.

Also, until Koepp actually turns in a completed draft, it's not out of the question that Marshall would be out of the loop. Development is probably going to be strictly between Koepp and Spielberg for awhile.

Crystal Skull received script approval in December of 2006, and went before cameras in June 2007. If Marshall is saying "There's nothing on paper" twelve months from now, then I'd be worried, but until then it's early days.


While I agree with pretty much every word in your post, I don't think Crystal Skull is the best example considering it had a weak script (and this is coming from someone who likes the movie).
Walecs is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #753
Udvarnoky
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,478
I think my feelings about the quality of the Crystal Skull screenplay have been made manifest over the years. I don't see how that makes it any less relevant of an example from a scheduling standpoint.
Udvarnoky is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #754
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,981
It relevant due to the passing of the protagonists relationship with his now dead mistress. The sooner they film the less important the release date. They can't film without a script. The wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
Pale Horse is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #755
IndyBuff
IndyFan
 
IndyBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Naysayer mod here. Time to update that release schedule. "Nothing on paper" WTF?!

That has me a bit worried too. I realize they're still two and a half years out from the release date, but when you factor in pre-production, shooting, editing, re-shoots, and all the necessary pieces, it seems weird for them not to have much of a plan at this point. Ford's not getting any younger, either.
IndyBuff is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #756
Udvarnoky
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
It relevant due to the passing of the protagonists relationship with his now dead mistress.

Wait, what?
Udvarnoky is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #757
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
It relevant due to the passing of the protagonists relationship with his now dead mistress.
Yeah, that's always something to consider when you cast people with advanced age. And she wasn't even that old. He is getting there, though.



And, by the way, next time in plainer English, please? You're confusing the rubes.
Finn is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #758
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Talking about advanced age, did you guys hear the Blade Runner 2049 rumor?

I just a posted a link in the relevant thread: apparently one of the replicants in the original movie is supposed to come back in the upcoming sequel, courtesy of digital de-ageing.

What if it's Deckard himself?

The question is relevant to this thread because, if Ford is willing to be digitally de-aged in BR 2049, what's to stop Disney from asking him to do the same in Indy 5 for at least part of the movie, say some flashback scenes?

Pure speculation of course, and based on no more than a silly internet rumor, but with so long to go before a script is even in the works, we might as well have some fun and discuss the possibility, right?
Z dweller is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #759
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Talking about advanced age, did you guys hear the Blade Runner 2049 rumor?

I just a posted a link in the relevant thread: apparently one of the replicants in the original movie is supposed to come back in the upcoming sequel, courtesy of digital de-ageing.

What if it's Deckard himself?

The question is relevant to this thread because, if Ford is willing to be digitally de-aged in BR 2049, what's to stop Disney from asking him to do the same in Indy 5 for at least part of the movie, say some flashback scenes?

Pure speculation of course, and based on no more than a silly internet rumor, but with so long to go before a script is even in the works, we might as well have some fun and discuss the possibility, right?

I would not want to see a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford...I saw it kind of worked for Carrie Fisher, but in Ford's case, I would say don't do it.
TheFedora is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #760
Lambonius
IndyFan
 
Lambonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 663
They didn't de-age Carrie Fisher, they put a recreation of her 19 year old face on a different actor, and had a sound-alike do the voice. Carrie had literally nothing to do with that cameo other than giving permission to use her likeness. Ford would never consent to such a thing though; he famously refused to dye his hair for KOTCS. Digital de-aging seems like the kind of thing he'd be vehemently opposed to.
Lambonius is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #761
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambonius
They didn't de-age Carrie Fisher, they put a recreation of her 19 year old face on a different actor, and had a sound-alike do the voice. Carrie had literally nothing to do with that cameo other than giving permission to use her likeness. Ford would never consent to such a thing though; he famously refused to dye his hair for KOTCS. Digital de-aging seems like the kind of thing he'd be vehemently opposed to.

Is it just me or does it look like Ford's hair is dyed darker in Blade Runner 2049?
Dr.Sartorius is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 01:09 PM   #762
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Talking about advanced age, did you guys hear the Blade Runner 2049 rumor?

I just a posted a link in the relevant thread: apparently one of the replicants in the original movie is supposed to come back in the upcoming sequel, courtesy of digital de-ageing.

What if it's Deckard himself?

The question is relevant to this thread because, if Ford is willing to be digitally de-aged in BR 2049, what's to stop Disney from asking him to do the same in Indy 5 for at least part of the movie, say some flashback scenes?

Pure speculation of course, and based on no more than a silly internet rumor, but with so long to go before a script is even in the works, we might as well have some fun and discuss the possibility, right?

The article is quoted as saying one of the 4 original replicants is returning....That doesn't include Deckard does it? roy, rachael, zhora, and leon are the original 4.
Dr.Sartorius is offline  
Old 01-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #763
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
The article is quoted as saying one of the 4 original replicants is returning....That doesn't include Deckard does it? roy, rachael, zhora, and leon are the original 4.
Tsk, tsk... guess you are unfamiliar with the unicorn dream scene.
Z dweller is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 05:35 AM   #764
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
The article is quoted as saying one of the 4 original replicants is returning....That doesn't include Deckard does it? roy, rachael, zhora, and leon are the original 4.
The original four are Roy, Zhora, Leon and Pris, not Rachael. She is one, but not part of that group.

Neither is Deckard, whether he's one or not.
Finn is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #765
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
The original four are Roy, Zhora, Leon and Pris, not Rachael. She is one, but not part of that group.

Neither is Deckard, whether he's one or not.

Right...I meant to put Pris instead of Rachael.
Dr.Sartorius is offline  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #766
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Tsk, tsk... guess you are unfamiliar with the unicorn dream scene.

Of course I am...I've seen the DC dozens of times.
Dr.Sartorius is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #767
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambonius
They didn't de-age Carrie Fisher, they put a recreation of her 19 year old face on a different actor, and had a sound-alike do the voice. Carrie had literally nothing to do with that cameo other than giving permission to use her likeness. Ford would never consent to such a thing though; he famously refused to dye his hair for KOTCS. Digital de-aging seems like the kind of thing he'd be vehemently opposed to.
actually the entire Leia and Tarkin characters were CGI not just there faces and I thought they looked fantastic! they might have used stand ins but the entire actors you see on screen were rendered CGI! as for the Koep's Script for KOTCS I think because Koep had to come in and rewrite the script kind of last minute might have been why it was poor, I really liked Koep's JP script so we know the guy can write! I actually just watched KOTCS and I cant believe the flack that film gets I really like it a lot not as good as Raiders but I really liked it a lot! hopefully Disney really knocks one out of the park with Indy 5? Does anyone know if Indy 5 still gets a Paramount logo? they still own a small percentage of Indy don't they? my thinking is Paramount logo at the beginning and Walt Disney Picturs in the end of the credits...
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #768
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member
 
Sakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Greece
Posts: 601
Imagine the potential of the Disney logo dissolving into a real background.
Sakis is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #769
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakis
Imagine the potential of the Disney logo dissolving into a real background.


Imagine, indeed: The Matterhorn!

Pale Horse is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #770
Udvarnoky
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,478
Paramount still has profit participation in the Indy franchise. While Disney would really be the distributor this time out, I can definitely see them letting Spielberg keep the Paramount dissolve for tradition's sake.
Udvarnoky is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #771
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Paramount still has profit participation in the Indy franchise. While Disney would really be the distributor this time out, I can definitely see them letting Spielberg keep the Paramount dissolve for tradition's sake.
I thought It would be weird not having the 20th Century Fox Fanfare in front of the new Star Wars movies but after seeing two great Disney star wars movies with just a Lucasfilms logo It Is just fine by me so If they go that route I would be ok with that. On the other hand a Disney castle dissolving into a Gothic Castle in some Exotic locale would be really cool as well!
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 AM   #772
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member
 
Sakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Greece
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH ZOIDBERG
On the other hand a Disney castle dissolving into a Gothic Castle in some Exotic locale would be really cool as well!

That's what I had in mind!
Sakis is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #773
Face_Palm
IndyFan
 
Face_Palm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH ZOIDBERG
actually the entire Leia and Tarkin characters were CGI not just there faces and I thought they looked fantastic! they might have used stand ins but the entire actors you see on screen were rendered CGI! as for the Koep's Script for KOTCS I think because Koep had to come in and rewrite the script kind of last minute might have been why it was poor, I really liked Koep's JP script so we know the guy can write! I actually just watched KOTCS and I cant believe the flack that film gets I really like it a lot not as good as Raiders but I really liked it a lot! hopefully Disney really knocks one out of the park with Indy 5? Does anyone know if Indy 5 still gets a Paramount logo? they still own a small percentage of Indy don't they? my thinking is Paramount logo at the beginning and Walt Disney Picturs in the end of the credits...

Only the faces were CGI. Real actors played the parts.
Face_Palm is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #774
DARTH ZOIDBERG
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Palm
Only the faces were CGI. Real actors played the parts.
as stand ins yes but there entire bodies were done CGI trust me I am a star wars fanboy from over at theforce.net...
I followed all the spoilers.
DARTH ZOIDBERG is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #775
IndyForever
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Paramount still has profit participation in the Indy franchise. While Disney would really be the distributor this time out, I can definitely see them letting Spielberg keep the Paramount dissolve for tradition's sake.
Disney only bought the rights to future Indiana Jones movies with the character so they will be the only distributor on Indy 5. Indy 1-4 Paramount still distribute for years to come on home video.

In about 10 years it would not surprise me if Paramount announce they are remaking Indy 1-4 (so Disney then buy the rights to those from them as well!!).
IndyForever is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.