More Indy Movies After Indy 4?

Webley

To keep the Indy universe going they should make a new TV show but Doc Jones would not be in this one. Here's my pitch to George Lucas. Ok, its a hour long show and you call it "The Further Adventures Of Captain Katanga And The Bantu Wind" and we would follow Captain Katanga and his band of pirates on the seven seas.

Johan

Wasnt that made already...the show was called "Doc"...oh wait a minute that was billy ray sirus

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
It depends on the success of IV...but if it is well liked by audiences, lets just say there are some ideas in the bin.

Webley

Aaron H said:
It depends on the success of IV...but if it is well liked by audiences, lets just say there are some ideas in the bin.
Man I hope its my Captain Katanga idea or may be a Short Round TV show/movie
d932619b.gif

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Ignore Barryson, how does he know if I do or don't know?:rolleyes:

As far as ideas go, not much details abound, really just rough plans that may or may not ever happen. Like I said it depends on the success of IV.

Sorry, but no details to feed you.

intergamer

Well... most of what Aaron says is clearly factually correct, but he only states broad and obvious comments, or things which are common sense. Like a psychic.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I can't speak details, but there are a few exceptions.
This is not one of those exceptions, because I don't know anything beyond what I've said...at least not much more than what I've already said.

TombReader

Aaron H said:
It depends on the success of IV...

Hmmm....since the first three films were obviously successful enough to warrant a fourth,why do future projects depend on the success of the fourth?The francise's fanbase and longterm potential has already been established and proven.Unless,these future projects involve characters introduced in the fourth film.(?)

Meditate on this,I will. :)

TombReader

'Therefore, he not part of the publics thoughts.'

Really?Is why that DVD box set sold so many copies?Because the public has forgotten Indiana Jones?Maybe I'm not the only one who has some things to meditate on.

Last edited:

Barryson Ford

TombReader said:
'Therefore, he not part of the publics thoughts.'

Yeah right, last year when the BBC showed the Indy Trilogy it still got higher ratings then the premieres of several recent blockbusters they broadcasted

In my country everytime they show an Indy film it gets the highest ratings for a movie

Barryson Ford

Aaron H said:
Ignore Barryson, how does he know if I do or don't know?:rolleyes:

As far as ideas go, not much details abound, really just rough plans that may or may not ever happen. Like I said it depends on the success of IV.

Sorry, but no details to feed you.

Ok then prove me wrong,make me a believer
i have been oppossing your spy claims for as long as i have been on this board

are you an employee of ILM, Lucasfilm or at least Paramount Pictures ?
because you make some very spectaculars claims right
i mean think about it , you just mentioned that they are planning more Indy films depending on the succes of Indy 4(like thats a gamble in the first place)

Ok now my second question :
why isn't this all over the internet ? why arent all major sites like aicn,chud,cinescape not posting this spectacular news

cuz if you are telling the truth mr Aaron H you can very easely prove it and make me shut up forever

just forward this spectacular news to Harry Knowles of Aint it cool news :harry@aintitcool.com <harry@aintitcool.com>

you will then need to divulge your source to him or at least back it up...no one will find out who your source is so you dont have to worry about that

...your move

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Whilst I do like the news that AICN reports on, I'm not a big fan of Harry.

Look, my sources have asked not to be named or reveal where they work. I do know them to be reliable. I choose to keep them in the shadows because they asked me to.

Steven is the one who is not wanting to put the cart before the horse. George is getting all excited again for continuing the series, but Steven wants to make sure that they turn out a good product. If the audiences and critics recieve the film well and if there is enough demand for more films, then the franchise will continue. If not, which IS a possiblity, then Indy will not ride again.

I stand to gain nothing from this, I am just a fan who likes to pass along the snippits that I hear. I don't make a main page post because it is rumor, and at TRN we don't post much rumors to keep the hype down. On the Raven however that is a different story.

This is the last time that I will talk to your or anyone else about this topic. If you don't like what I say then add me to your ignore list. I couldn't care less.
Otherwise learn to cope with it. Besides what does it matter to you if I'm right or wrong? What do you gain (or lose)? Why do you even care about this if you are so anti-Indiana Jones IV anyway?

Paden

My guess is (although I could be wrong) that the sales of the DVD sets helped affirm continued interest in the Indiana Jones character, and hence helped provide momentum for the development of a fourth film. Still, my perception of the film business is that the big priority, for mainstream movies anyway, is profit, and I think most studios are going to take their gambles one at a time. It makes sense, even with the strong sales of the DVD sets, that they would wait until the success of the new film is established, before starting other ventures with the Indiana Jones franchise.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Barryson, I will vouch for Aaron. I have always believed you are involved "in the biz", for whatever reason, I don't know. If so, you do know about NDA's. Likewise, there are several people who are friends of TheRaider.net and it's subsites that are also involved "in the biz."

You can be certain that when this project is greenlighted, the ethereal nature of the things Aaron is posting, amoung others of us, will start to be more concrete and a quick dig of the posts from long ago will all make sense. Everyone wants to be the first with the news, but most of the time, those who are first, never reap the benefits of the true treasures.

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. I will not commit heresay, nor speak for or against other members of this board, but perhaps I can establish the much needed credibility you are demanding at this time. Likewise, you can do the same for me.