YouTube Problems - Help, Please

The Golden Idol

I'm trying to upload a video to YouTube, but YouTube keeps rejecting it because of "terms of use violation". The video is copyrighted by Nickelodeon, but I've downloaded a different video from the same series, also by Nickelodeon, onto the site and it uploaded fine. Besides, many people have been able to upload anything from shorts to entire episodes of Nickelodeon shows to YouTube, some of which are still up, so why do I have this problem? Any help?

The Golden Idol

Yeah, but it's strange that my first clip uploaded fine while all my other attempts to upload the other clips, which I tried immediately after I posted my first one, didn't upload. Can anyone help?

No Ticket

I think the video might have something encrypted in it or YouTube pays special attention to words like "MTV" or "NICKELODEON" because Viacom, the company that owns both of those and a bunch of other things is the big company that is ALWAYS looking for videos to take off YT.

The reason I say it might have to do with an encryption in the video is, I uploaded a video that was a live performance off MTV and put that in the title. It didn't work so I imported it in Windows Movie Maker and saved it again as a .WMV file this time instead of a .MPEG like it was. Then when I uploaded it the same way, YT didn't catch it. Twice before, right after upload, YT caught it.

I don't know. But sooner or later Viacom will find your shows whether or not they catch it immediately. If they delete just one of your videos it's okay, but if they find and delete a few or more before you can get back to your YT channel they'll have YT suspend your account.

I know, from experience.

So in other words. I wouldn't bother uploading that junk unless I was ready to have my channel deleted. Viacom doesn't play nice.