TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

What did you feel like the first time you put on you're Indy Jacket?

My whole life I always wanted an authentic Indy jacket and finally I bought a jacket from Todds. I received it today and when I put it on I felt a surge flow through me, like something unworldly. For one brief second I felt some of the good professor's power.

How about you guys?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Mickiana
IndyFan

What a vivid imagination! Seriously, I do like wearing mine and it is coming up to the time of year here in the subtropics when I can wear one occasionally. I wear it especially while riding my motorcycle, but I think the surge comes from 1600cc of a thumping V Twin!
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Dude I just fell off my skateboard in my new jacket and felt like I got thrown by the Giant Thuggee
Old 05-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #4
Mickiana
IndyFan

I'll admit, when I'm roaring around on my Yamaharley, I do try to look for posts to grab and snap off to joust with, especially against marauding German soldiers on trail bikes. Alas, there are not too many Nazis in my home town.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Felt great the first time I put mine on. Otherworldly, supernatural power surge? Not quite. But a moment of sheer joy and glee. In that hero's quest, I'd finally seized the sword. (Joseph Campbell/Christopher Vogler reference)

Then, as posted in other threads, I marveled at how non-Indy the jacket looked fresh out of the box, and realized how much work I had ahead. So a new quest started that same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
I'll admit, when I'm roaring around on my Yamaharley, I do try to look for posts to grab and snap off to joust with, especially against marauding German soldiers on trail bikes.

I wouldn't look too hard, Mick. I wouldn't feel very "Indy" flat on my back, with a dislocated shoulder, fractured collarbone, and my Yamaharley half a mile down the road without me. "Uuugh, he made it look so easy, and plausible."
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
IndyJoey
IndyFan

Well i felt very hot because i got it in the middle of summer in California, but that's irrelevant. I felt like, Finally, i have a real jacket that can take my beatings!
IndyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Matt R
IndyFan

Had my Wested ROTLA jacket for a couple of years now, always feels good putting it on as it is a quality piece of work. Not had any mysterious power-surges though...must be wearing it wrong?
Matt R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #8
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
...when I put it on I felt a surge flow through me, like something unworldly.

You can't beat a nice bit of leather. Except when you're trying to beat the heat.

This one time, at band camp, I had the urge to take my girl to a leather bar to share the surge.

It was quite an experience, I can tell you.

Suffice to say, I don't play dress up in public any more.

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
kongisking
IndyFan

Who cares about the blasted jacket? When you put on that hallowed hat, that's when you feel godlike.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
indyclone25
IndyFan

when i got my todd's jacket , and i first put it on i felt happy, i had wanted indy's jacket since i was 15 and waited almost 28 yrs to finally get one.
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Todd makes one nice jacket
Old 05-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
Matt R
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclone25
when i got my todd's jacket , and i first put it on i felt happy, i had wanted indy's jacket since i was 15 and waited almost 28 yrs to finally get one.

I know that feeling, the longer you wait...the better the jacket!!!
Matt R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #13
Djd1
IndyFan

I was thrilled to get my first Wested jacket... only to be left somewhat deflated by having holes picked in it by various folk over at COW! The joy of fandom...
Djd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
HenryJunior
IndyFan

I gotta agree with Kongisking, the first time I put on my Akubra I couldn't help but run around my backyard like a boulder was chasing me. Even better is looking down at your shadow with the Hat on, feeling like Indy.

To be fair I don't have a legit Indy jacket yet, so that feeling may change.
HenryJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
Mickiana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeknight
I wouldn't look too hard, Mick. I wouldn't feel very "Indy" flat on my back, with a dislocated shoulder, fractured collarbone, and my Yamaharley half a mile down the road without me. "Uuugh, he made it look so easy, and plausible."

You mean real world physics might set in?! Not just a nice little cracking sound as I dislocate the post from its base?! Aw, come on. Maybe the magic powers of the jacket will kick in.... (I can sense a plot here for Indy5: his powers come from his jacket!)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiana
You mean real world physics might set in?! Not just a nice little cracking sound as I dislocate the post from its base?! Aw, come on. Maybe the magic powers of the jacket will kick in....

Hmm, I never associated magic powers with the jacket before this thread. Perhaps you're right.

However, the hat does seem to have some magic, the way it blows back from the tank/cliff scene, and the way it blows to Mutt's feet at the end of CS. (Glad Indy stepped in there, and didn't let him put it on.)

Has some Frosty the Snowman qualities to it.
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

To truly feel like Indy, you should have someone drag you behind a moving vehicle. No hat or jacket required.
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote