Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine available on gog.com

IAdventurer01

Beautiful! I wonder if they used my patch? :hat:

Still, I'll wait for it to hopefully eventually come to Steam. I love Gog, but since I switched to Linux, Steam just makes the compatibility configuration so much easier.

ThrowMeTheWhip

IAdventurer01 said:
Beautiful! I wonder if they used my patch? :hat:

Still, I'll wait for it to hopefully eventually come to Steam. I love Gog, but since I switched to Linux, Steam just makes the compatibility configuration so much easier.

I’m going to say no. It runs much more stable now than it did with the patch.

That said, in trying to remap the controls, it crashes every time. Hoping they can fix that. They added support for the Xbox360 controller, but the default bindings are kind of dumb.

ThrowMeTheWhip

UPDATE:

I have been able to rebind controls. Someone on the GOG forms showed me how. The KFG files are just renamed TXT files? change the extension and edit away.

Will gladly share my bindings if anyone is interested. I think it controls much better with how I set it up, and more reminiscent of the N64 version thanks to quick draws for pistol and lighter, and mapping run to the joystick. That said, the joystick is still too sensitive and it can be difficult to run in a straight line when you are lining up long jumps.

dprog

Great news.

So have they added any improvements ?

Have they fixed the inventory/item glitch ?

ThrowMeTheWhip

dprog said:
Great news.

So have they added any improvements ?

Have they fixed the inventory/item glitch ?

Inventory now scales properly in all resolutions. Haven?t gotten far enough to know if the game still crashes when you fire some of the machine guns. But I assume no.

Picked up this game yesterday and so far it is running very stable.
What kind of errors or issues should I keep my eyes open for?

ThrowMeTheWhip

TheDutchGhost said:
Picked up this game yesterday and so far it is running very stable.
What kind of errors or issues should I keep my eyes open for?

One of the big ones was a crashing when you would shoot some of the higher powered weapons. I don’t have any of the machine guns yet, I do have the rifle, so far so good.

The other problems I recall I’m not noticing at all.

The game does have notorious clipping problems though. You will probably find yourself getting stuck in walls every now and again, I strongly doubt that was fixed. In fact I nearly got stuck in a wall trying to climb out of water earlier in the Babylon level. The screen completely freaked out, I couldn’t control anything, when I would try to pull up the inventory it just went nuts. Eventually it came back on its own after 15/30 seconds.

Indy Jones

The high-powered gun crash bug has been fixed. However, the glitch at the end of level 9 (Teotihuacan) is still there. Being that you can't place the statues on their altar to move on (the game crashes).

I notified GOG, hopefully they'll be able to fix it.

The ice boss had some issues for me, sometimes getting stuck on the scenery/background. I am not sure if this was already in the original as it has been more than eighteen years since I played it or if this is one of the issues the GOG version suffers from.

Eventually he got unstuck and I was able to defeat him but I do wonder what is causing this.

ThrowMeTheWhip

Indy Jones said:
The high-powered gun crash bug has been fixed. However, the glitch at the end of level 9 (Teotihuacan) is still there. Being that you can't place the statues on their altar to move on (the game crashes).

I notified GOG, hopefully they'll be able to fix it.

Keep us up to date on that, please!

Been pretty busy, and I spent quite a bit of my free time just futzing around with the controls. So I only just finished Babylon. Hopefully whatever that issue is can be resolved before I reach Teotihuacan.

dprog

So why GoG didn't used that unofficial german patch ?
That patch nearly fixed most of the problems. And they could just try to fix that inventory/item and maybe a better wide screen support and then it would be perfect.

ThrowMeTheWhip

dprog said:
So why GoG didn't used that unofficial german patch ?
That patch nearly fixed most of the problems. And they could just try to fix that inventory/item and maybe a better wide screen support and then it would be perfect.

Inventory and widescreen both work perfectly now.

At least one bug persists that I also encountered when using the patch; Indiana Jones continuously "side stepping" from time to time (I think that happens when the player dies while doing that action). As a result the player can not select any weapons or other equipment.

It can be undone however by for example giving the action to grab hold of some stairs or anything similar.

Agustin47

is plagued by too many mistakes

I'll tell you my horrible experience, at least on 64 bit windows.

Errors everywhere.

1 you get stuck in the walls, it's like Indy sticks like a carpenter's tail.

2 when jumping indy it stays moving in the air and never touches the ground.

3 if you shoot some of the powerful weapons, the game crashes and goes to the desktop.

4 In some areas, Indy is trapped under water and you end up drowning.

5 the game freezes in shambala very often, and it is a nuisance to have to be loading the game at every moment.

But I have the solution.

Uninstall the gog version. Unfold the original 2 CDs. download the patch called indiana jones 5. Install the game with the patch. go to the folder where you installed and open the indypx64.exe file, with an extractor such as winrar. Extract the file Indy3D.sdb and patch.bat, in the Resource folder, apply the sdb with double click on the patch.bat

And all ready, We will have the complete game, without obstacles or mistakes.

ThrowMeTheWhip

The patched version runs like a nightmare. I don’t know what you’re doing, but my experience has been precisely the opposite.

Suggest reporting these problems to GOG.

kohlmark

ThrowMeTheWhip said:
Keep us up to date on that, please!

Been pretty busy, and I spent quite a bit of my free time just futzing around with the controls. So I only just finished Babylon. Hopefully whatever that issue is can be resolved before I reach Teotihuacan.

This error does not necessarily have to be the caused by gog.com game version.

I also had this bug once, playing the "original" LucasArts version, patched to 1.2 and modificated additionally....

... with this installer -> https://www.replaying.de/files/indiana-jones-5-patch-windows-xp-vista-7-x64/ / https://www.replaying.de/dateiguru/80 which still can be used to install patch 1.2 and additional modifications to get more stability for the game.

The installer is also offering dgVoodoo.

The only issue is, that the launcher Option "Load/Continue Game" crashes the launcher.

This error has already been fixed, but the costumized *.sdb fiel but it has not been added yet, caused by waiting for next Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade in autumn 2018.

I was able to "fix" the bug in those days, playing the level Teotihuacan again, starting at the end of the Level 8 "Jeep Track".
The savestate for level 9 will be generated again.

These kind of save state Bugs occur more often and in other levels also.
One time i was not able to place the mirror in "Teotihuacan" to the statue, or open the three big doors doors with the jewels of salomon, at the and of "Aetherium", while fighting marduk.

dprog

Indy stucking in walls isuues has always existed in this game. I remember that you could use a cheat code to free him.(I think it was just bringing the console via F10 and typing fixme for that.)

ThrowMeTheWhip

dprog said:
Indy stucking in walls isuues has always existed in this game. I remember that you could use a cheat code to free him.(I think it was just bringing the console via F10 and typing fixme for that.)

Yeah, I think that?s the right code. He got stuck like crazy in the N64 version too. But there is no way to really fix it in that one.

Indy Jones

GOG has told me that bugs like the Teotihuacan bug can be caused by using saves from the old/retail versions. I'm playing through to level 9 legit to see if it's true (I did actually download a level 9 save just to get there and check the bug quicker).