The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

fortuneandglory

I loved the original Mummy. I remember when the first one came out, the theatres sold out completely. The second one was great too, but that CGI in the last part really needed to go away. LOL. A third one makes me "giddy as a school-boy" though! Rachel Weiz is Hawt!

San Holo

The Mummy 3!!! Hells yes.:D Not to go against the grain, but I liked the Mummy Returns as much as the original. I had no expectations to see a good flick, when I saw the Mummy-and was blown away. For the Mummy Returns, I knew what I wanted to see-and walked away pretty happy. Both films are action packed and fun to watch. The 3rd installment should be just as good.

Jay R. Zay

personally, i much prefered part II to part I. i think part III could be nice if they don't get the stupid idea to follow many other movies in changing the exotic setting to some metropolitan one.

Gustav

"Reimagining"? What does that mean? It just better have Rachel Weisz and John Hannah in it and it wouldn't be much of a Mummy movie without Arnold Vosloo. My favourite parts of the second one were the double decker bus ride and the jungle pygmy part. My favourite part of the first one was the whole damn thing.

My favourite Pygmy was the one who was holding the dynamite over its head and running across the log.

"Reimagining"? What does that mean?"

That was what Spew-burg did with "War Of The Worlds" for example.... Take the basic idea, and try to re-invent it, nearly from the ground up...

In most cases it's a bad idea... Like "War Of The Worlds"....

IndyBuff

I remember rumors long ago about making a film or series that followed the little boy from the second film (who's name escapes me at the moment) but thankfully it looks like at least part of the original cast will be back.:)

indyt

Gustav said:
"Reimagining"? What does that mean? It just better have Rachel Weisz and John Hannah in it and it wouldn't be much of a Mummy movie without Arnold Vosloo. My favourite parts of the second one were the double decker bus ride and the jungle pygmy part. My favourite part of the first one was the whole damn thing.

My favourite Pygmy was the one who was holding the dynamite over its head and running across the log.

If you look closely, the pygmy on the log as he is falling waves good bye. I love it!!

Finn

Staff member
indyt said:
If you look closely, the pygmy on the log as he is falling waves good bye. I love it!!
It's a direct <i>Dr. Strangelove</i> homage to those who didn't know...

fortuneandglory

I'd be excited to see a Mummy 3. The CG in the last sequence of the second film was wantiing something, probably a little more attention! But those movies were pure entertainment! I remember when the first one came out that the theaters were sold out! I had to wait a while to see that one, but it was well worth it!

Abe Vayoda

I don't much care for the replacement director either... Joe Johnston has never impressed me (except the first gremlins).
Rachel Weisz probably won't be in this movie. I think I remember reading she was finished with the Mummy... I guess with the right offer she could be coaxed back.

fortuneandglory

Whats up GUYS! NEW NEWS! Rachel Weiz wants to come back.

Rachel Weisz Wants To Star In Third 'Mummy'
[Tuesday, April 8th, 2003]
Rachel Weisz, star of previous 'The Mummy' movies, says she wants to do the third one even though she reportedly said she didn't want to do any more.

She told SciFi-Wire that "if there is one, I hope they ask me. It would be kind of weird not to."

Weisz had previously said that "twice is definitely enough."

Kill Cavalry

I wish they had stuck more to stunts in the second one. The first had it's share of CG, that's for sure, but the best action sequence in the first one was stunts only. The river boat attack by the bedouin was fantastic, and had no CGI at all. The second film didn't have a single sequence that was done without CGI, and it killed the fun of the film. What the hell was with the zepplin? It didn't even look real!
I'd like to see a more Indiana Jones-esque film, more stunt work!

Johan

I have no problems with the first 2...looking foreward to the third. (although "scorpion king" could already be classified as such, or a spinoff)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
China 1940, good change of direction. Though didn't Lara Croft just have a battle scene among terracotta warrior statues?

Mummy 1 & 2 opened May 7 1999 and May 4 2001. Is there room in May 2008 for Indy 4? Seems like too much dust and cobwebs for one month.

Kill Cavalry

More likely they'd just sap each other's customers and fizz out, neither being a sucess. I'm sure they'll seperate them by a few months at the very least.