The Dark Knight

In the differences between Marvel and DC 'styles', Batman is actually closer to being a Marvel character than a typical DC character....

At least he was, back when Marvel and DC were very different.... Their differences are so grand anymore....

Gustav

I think I see where you are coming from. DC characters tend to have more of the traditional superhero qualitites whereas Marvel has a lot more antiheroes. The Hulk's power is brought by anger. Wolverine is almost neutral in the comic books. Captain America and Spiderman are really the only two I can think of off the top of my head who match traditional superhero specs. And even Captain America has decapited someone with his shield before. Spiderman has gotten pretty angry too and so have the Fantastic four. And Batman has gotten a lot darker in recent decades and he has always just a normal person with no powers.

Nerd talk.

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
Not Nerd... Geek.... Nerds are people who don't have lives, or friends.... or healthy interests

Yeah, Nerds (Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc) make money, Geeks (Simpsons comic books guy) well 'nuff said

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
Other way round... Bill Gates is a geek.... a Nerd is a guy who lives with his mom till he's 45....

Nope I met Bill Gates, a nerd, like I said, nerds make the bucks, geeks collect comic books. I sell wine to a lot of "nerds" who have more $ than the entir raven put together. None fo them are comic book guys. They collect things like cars, boats, planes etc.

monstera

I can't wait for this one. If it follows in Batman Begins' footsteps of quality, we'll see a Joker done right this time.

Oscars don't mean squat... you've said so yourself....

I'm looking forward to the day, when I forget altogether that Tim Burton ever put his stanky hand to the Batman franchise....

roundshort

ClintonHammond said:
Oscars don't mean squat... you've said so yourself....

I'm looking forward to the day, when I forget altogether that Tim Burton ever put his stanky hand to the Batman franchise....

and 99% of us here look forward to the day the clint stops posting here . . .

roundshort

temple of john said:
Regardless of what Oscars may mean, he was great in that role. he was exactly what I wanted the Joker to be in that movie. I could have done without Prince However in the films music. Sounded like a total fairy.

I agree 100%, after what Jack did int he one flew over the cuckoo's nest, he is/was the best insane actor out their. I thought he nailed it. Lets face it the Joker is a bit light in the loafers as a villian anyhow.

The whole movie was garbage from start to finish.... That Tim Burton knew NOTHING about Batman is painfully apparent, in the story, in the casting, in the look and feel of the movie....

I think that even Prince would agree that The Batman Soundtrack is some of his worst work to date....

The sooner that someone, anyone else does 'The Joker' the better.....

roundshort

temple of john said:
I just don't think it should be that <b>[EDIT: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!!]</b> Heath Ledger.

I think Johnny Depp would have worked well or even Gary Oldman (if he wasn't already Gordon).

Maybe Kevin Spacey? But is Batman so lame they have to revisit villians, allready, is n't there some radio active man or Barnacle Boy he could fight? I guess not a lot of material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abe Vayoda

Are you kidding? Batman's got the best rogues gallery. The bat can't help it if warners serisouly screwed most of them up (though I like Jack's porttrayal of the Joker, but I'm fine with a revisit). Though I'd rather see some different villains like The Mad Hatter or Lady Shiva but I understand why Warners would want to use the more famous villains like Joker.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the different gotham mobsters come into play in future movies.

I'd LOVE to see a well done "Two-Face" as a Batman villian, to wash away the memory of that atrocity that Tommy Lee Jones turned in......

Abe Vayoda

ClintonHammond said:
I'd LOVE to see a well done "Two-Face" as a Batman villian, to wash away the memory of that atrocity that Tommy Lee Jones turned in......

I just hope we get a decent introduction to Harvey Dent first.... Forever didn't even mention that Dent and Batman/Wayne were allies at one point. Dent also needs to be played by a young man in good shape. In the comics at one point many suspected Dent actually was Batman. I'd like to see Leiv Schriber in the role... though he's not that young anymore.
I also want a good Mr. Freeze. Too bad Kevin Spacey is Lex Luthor now, he would have done a heckuvajob as Freeze.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I liked Jack Nicholson as the Joker, but Heath Ledger?????? Com'n, is that really for real??? He'd suck!!!

Paden

Abe Vayoda said:
Though I'd rather see some different villains like The Mad Hatter or Lady Shiva but I understand why Warners would want to use the more famous villains like Joker.
Although it's understandable why the powers that be would want to stick to the most prominent names in the rogue's gallery, I agree that it would be intriguing to bring some of the lesser known villains to the screen. Some really have a great deal of potential. Personally, I'd love to see Deadshot make an appearance in one of the upcoming films.

Last edited: