G.I. Joe

RedeemedChild

Yeah, I'm glad to see other people also disliked this HORRID GI Joe movie. In my opinion the movie was WORST than KOTCS!!!!!

RedeemedChild

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I thought you liked KotCS?

Well upon my initial views I did like the movie but now after having watched it again I don't like it as much as the first three original movies. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a good attempt at reviving and introducing Indiana Jones to a new generation but not a very smart attempt. The movie could have been a lot better. Raiders of the Lost Ark is the greatest out of all the Indiana Jones movies.

Agent Crab

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I thought you liked KotCS?

Seconded.

Plus, Reemmy, you got bent out of shape over me not liking Naruto, yet you were disgusted over a parody.

GI Joe wasn't "Horrid" in tearms of other movies I have seen in my life.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
Seconded.

Plus, Reemmy, you got bent out of shape over me not liking Naruto, yet you were disgusted over a parody.

GI Joe wasn't "Horrid" in tearms of other movies I have seen in my life.

Yes, however after you explained it I understand why you disliked Naruto and your explanation did make sense. On the other hand I have no problems with parodies. I really liked the Blue Harvest Star Wars parody and I hope that the Something, Something Darkside parody will be fairly descent. I guess I'm just so much of a G.I. Joe fan that I just want to whole G.I. Joe thing to ultimately respected.

And yes, I agree with you. G.I. Joe was not as bad as some films that I've seen among which are 300 and the more recent Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Yes, however after you explained it I understand why you disliked Naruto and your explanation did make sense. On the other hand I have no problems with parodies. I really liked the Blue Harvest Star Wars parody and I hope that the Something, Something Darkside parody will be fairly descent. I guess I'm just so much of a G.I. Joe fan that I just want to whole G.I. Joe thing to ultimately respected.

And yes, I agree with you. G.I. Joe was not as bad as some films that I've seen among which are 300 and the more recent Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.

Even fans of something do sport some giggles from a harmless parody. I have laughed at Spoony's Final Fantasy VIII review. I know he may not like the game, but I do. It was a well done and funny review. Look it up sometime on Youtube.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
Even fans of something do sport some giggles from a harmless parody. I have laughed at Spoony's Final Fantasy VIII review. I know he may not like the game, but I do. It was a well done and funny review. Look it up sometime on Youtube.

Man, I don't know of any other way to say but Agent Crab you're the BEST! Heaven bless you.

kongisking

I finally got to see Rise of Cobra, and I admit it: I like it. Another good hour or two of silly fun from Mr. Sommers. Good work, fellas. I look forward to a sequel.

sandiegojones

I just picked up the blu-ray. Man, it is reference quality!

Can't wait for a sequel but I hope they add more "colorful" (i.e. costumes) characters. Need to have:

Flint (Matthew Fox?)
lgfp1997+matthew-fox-as-dr-jack-shephard-cult-tv-series-lost-poster.jpg

Lady Jaye (Jessica Biel)
jessica-biel-stealth-400ds0.jpg

Roadblock (Terry Crews - he's perfect!)
terry+crews.jpg

They also need to add Wild Bill, Major Bludd, Firefly, Spirit, Sgt. Bazooka!

EddyW

Yeah, I watched this yesterday because the time was finally right to willingly waste 2 hours of a lazy evening. As stupid as it was, I thought it was kind of entertaining. As a kid I liked G.I.Joe but I'm not a fan of any kind, so I didn't mind that it never reminded me even the slightest of what I liked about G.I.Joe in the past. It was dumb, loud and then some more of the stupid, but I got what I expected. I'd say a 6 out of 10 for this flick. I would never watch it again though, or recommend it to others.

Agent Crab

sandiegojones said:
I just picked up the blu-ray. Man, it is reference quality!

Can't wait for a sequel but I hope they add more "colorful" (i.e. costumes) characters. Need to have:

Flint (Matthew Fox?)
lgfp1997+matthew-fox-as-dr-jack-shephard-cult-tv-series-lost-poster.jpg

Lady Jaye (Jessica Biel)
jessica-biel-stealth-400ds0.jpg

Roadblock (Terry Crews - he's perfect!)
terry+crews.jpg

They also need to add Wild Bill, Major Bludd, Firefly, Spirit, Sgt. Bazooka!

GI Joe has to have ol' Road Block and Lady Jaye. Roadblock as badass in the cartoon alone.

frontline18a.jpg

As long he is cooking.