Indy-Cast Trivia II

On page 178 of the novelization, Indy sees Marion being brought out by the "russkie sons of *****es!". Indy remembers about the first time they met: "...she'd been a young woman, staring at him with such fire and amusement from the back row of his graduate class..."

Indy Trivia XLI

In Club Obi Wan we see Kao, (or was that Chen;) ) has a pretty big bandage on his hand. We also get a bit of dialog which gives us a good idea of what's to come, (makes you wonder why Indy would stick around for a drink...).

What exactly did Indy do to Kao?s hand?

Last edited:

Stoo

On-screen evidence in "Doom" (and other sources) clearly show that his index finger was severed. How it was cut off is the mystery...:confused: In the junior novelization, Indy broke Kao/Chen's hand by twisting his gun away.:rolleyes:
Rocket Surgeon said:
Indy remembers about the first time they met: "...she'd been a young woman, staring at him with such fire and amusement from the back row of his graduate class..."
Another clue about Indy & Marion's past! Very interesting...

Indy Trivia XLII

Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber
Bobby Deniro in Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein
Warwick Davis in Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood
Matt Cohen in Boogeyman 2
Aaliyah Haughton in Queen of the Damned
Wes Studi from Last of the Mohicans
Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy

Who's next on the list?

Nice job Stoo on Kao's finger...

Last edited:

Junior Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber
Bobby Deniro in Mary Shelly?s Frankenstein
Warwick Davis in Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood
Matt Cohen in Boogeyman 2
Aaliyah Haughton in Queen of the Damned
Wes Studi from Last of the Mohicans
Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy
Amrish Puri - Temple of Doom

I'm not seeing the progression, and knowing the answer doesn't help. Maybe I haven't seen enough of these movies.

Junior Jones said:
I'm not seeing the progression, and knowing the answer doesn't help. Maybe I haven't seen enough of these movies.
...please don't take the question as an endorsement of these movies, and don't let it inspire you to watch them! (Well, maybe Prophecy and Leprechaun)

They've all ripped the heart out of others in those films...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi225VNmQU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wi225VNmQU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Indy Trivia XLIII

We all know Tom Selleck was counted out of Raiders because of contractual obligations. Funny thing, it turns out a writers strike that year would have allowed him to take the role.

This week?s question: Texas born Blazing Saddles alumni John Hillerman played Higgins: Major Domo of the Hawaiian estate "Robin's Nest" but who was the Raiders and Last Crusade Actor that Higgie Baby inherited his position from?

For those of you who might complain this is Magnum PI trivia, here?s the second half of this episodes question where Indy pays homage to Magnum PI, in a way?

A recurring character on the 8 season television program shares many similarities with a recent addition to the Indiana Jones cast and Indy?s past, not the least of which is his name! Killing off this character couldn?t keep him away. Who are you? Simply name the characters, the actors, and their shared character traits.

A Big Hint, he was also featured in recurring roles on Black Sheep Squadron, JAG, Battlestar Galactica, Airwolf, The Greatest American Hero, and the Indy inspired Tales of the Gold Monkey.

Last edited:
The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark

Episode 100 of The Indy Cast is around the corner and Indy Trivia is offering an EXCELLENT fan made DVD copy of The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark to the listeners. Answer the "Making of Question" and you will be entered into a drawing for one of THREE copies.

I'm just starting to get the hang of Photoshop, so if anyone can come up with a better cover, have at it...

4409680402_e4612608d2.jpg

Come up with a better DVD cover and you may get your own copy too!

Last edited:
There have been many homages to Indiana Jones, but Magnum PI held out till their final season to send Thomas Sullivan Magnum on his very own Indiana Jones adventure an episode entitled "Legends of the Lost Art?. Ronald Lacey (Arnold Toht in "Raiders" and Heinrich Himmler in "The Last Crusade") played Lowell Xavier Jamison, Archer Hayes and even Picasso in the Magnum P.I. episode, "The Case of the Red Faced Thespian".

The entire episode takes place at "Robin's Nest", and tells some of the estates history, including Lowell Xavier Jamison being the previous majordomo of "Robin's Nest" before he was fired?

Jeff MacKay, who plays (Mac), Lieutenant McReynolds on "Magnum, P.I."- who is very similar to Crystal Skull's Ray Winstone character George Mac Hale.

Besides the name and nickname similarities, he is a Lieutenant, he's the friend of the main character, he's also a schemer and a con artist, they even look very similar including thick mustaches.

The " Crystal Skull" character connections are as follows: In 1993, John Hillerman (Higgins) appeared on the show "Berlin Break" for one season. He played the role of "Mac" Mackenzie, a former spy and the current proprietor of "Mac's", a bar in West Berlin considered neutral territory during the Cold War.

The show also featured Jeff MacKay as "Mitch", who also appeared on Magnum P.I. as the doughnut-munching Navy Intelligence lieutenant "Mac" MacReynolds, killed off in the series, and even brought back as a ghost for an episode.

These 2 actors also appeared together in the Indy inspired "Tales of the Gold Monkey", Hillerman playing "Fritz the Monocle" ...another possible connection to "Raiders" Ronald Lacey? Now the bigger trivia question: Was Higgins ACTUALLY Robin Masters?

MacKay ALSO played Jim Bonnick, a con man who looked suspiciously like MacReynolds...so, everyone called him "Mac".

Character similarities? Well, both actors are a bit rotund, so, I'm guessing Indy's Mac was also a fan of the doughnuts.

Jim Bonnick being the smooth con artist he was, was very similar to McHale in the fact that you never knew whose side each one was on. Plus, it seems that both characters were in debt up to their eyeballs to some unsavory characters...and so they were always playing some angle to walk away with the payola. While not a triple agent, Mac did assume at least three pseudonyms in the episode Mac?s Back

Indy Trivia XLIV

Is Indy a theif? A graverobber? A good role model? Well, Indy has some nerve calling this item "HIS" lucky charm. What was this charm, who did it really belong to and where did he "aquire" it.

Last edited:
Indy Trivia XLV

Exulted Unicron said:
could this be referring to Elsa's Clover lighter that he "borrowed" from her in catacombs?

It could, and is...lighter thief!

Little Bill Daggett
Scar the Predator
Calamity Jane
Don Diego Vega
Durin's Bane: Nameless Terror
Mark Scarlotti
Nathan Graves

Which Indy Character goes on the list?

Last edited:

DoomTown

4438196196_8ab32c4a79.jpg

You want this...don't you??? (Sorry, wrong series...)

Listen to the Trivia segment on the 100th episode of the Indy-Cast and find out how!!!

:hat:

KVoss said:
4438196196_8ab32c4a79.jpg

Listen to the Trivia segment on the 100th episode of the Indy-Cast and find out how!

They came out great...a big thanks to our benefactor and good luck!

Remember your correct answer puts your name into a drawing, so you don't have to answer first to win one.

And while you wait, this one is still out there:

Little Bill Daggett
Scar the Predator
Calamity Jane
Don Diego Vega
Durin's Bane: Nameless Terror
Mark Scarlotti
Nathan Graves

Which Indy Character goes on the list?

Check out Episode 100 tomorrow! Win a DVD copy of The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark!

More trivia tomorrow!

Exulted Unicron said:
They're all chraracters that use whips. I realised this when I noticed Mark Scarlotti aka Whiplash from the Iron Man comics.
Nice pick-up, I thought Selina Kyle might have been too easy.

Exulted Unicron

here's a trivia question for the Young Indy fans.

In "Spring Break Adventure", what was the name of the book Indy was reading whilst at baseball practice at the start of the episode?