Armageddon Expo 2011- Karen Allen & John Rhys-Davies

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I don't need to make the Chicago one.

I'm getting autographs and meeting Karen Allen and John Rhys-Davies at Armeggedon Comic Con next weekend. Just barely 2 weeks out from the official 30th Anniversary! *I'm totally geeking out about it*:D I just found out about their appearance there this morning.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Violet Indy said:
I don't need to make it!

I'm getting autographs and meeting Karen Allen and John Rhys-Davies at Armeggedon Comic Con next weekend. Just barely 2 weeks out from the official 30th Anniversary! *I'm totally geeking out about it*:D I just found out about their appearance there this morning.

Awesome! Post pics! :D

indycast

Violet Indy said:
I don't need to make it!

Not sure if I am able to fly out to Sydney for this unfortunately so if you want to be the IndyCast's roving reporter, you have got the gig!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
indycast said:
Not sure if I am able to fly out to Sydney for this unfortunately so if you want to be the IndyCast's roving reporter, you have got the gig!

Well, you could always fly out to Adelaide, Ed! :p Or road trip???

http://www.armageddonexpo.com/au

I'd happily do so, as I said to Rocket in a reply PM. The issue being the recording. The only portable recording thing I have is on my ipod nano. I don't know (unless you or anyone else on the Indycast knows how) how to export out the mp3 file from the ipod nano to send it through.

At worst, I can record it on the ipod nano, and type out a transcript. I can also record the Q&A session so your listeners can hear what other fans there ask them. I know I'm going to Karen's one. At the moment, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make JRD's session which is on the second day. I would attend the VIP panel Q&A (which has both in the one place) on the second day, but quite frankly I can't afford the VIP tickets.

Perhaps you could find someone on Club Obi Wan that's also in Sydney with a better portable recorder (and can afford the VIP ticket to go to the VIP session, because that will be a hundred times easier to get your questions answered). I know Club Obi Wan has a bigger Aussie Indyfan base there than here. If not though, I will happily help out the Indycast.

Canyon

Violet Indy, I am so happy for you! (y)

I met Karen and John a few years back and they are both very pleasant to talk to. :D

harvey

Violet - If nothing else, take copious notes and send the report off to Ed. Inquiring minds want to know everything Indy about the event!! Have a blast! :gun:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
harvey7297 said:
Violet - If nothing else, take copious notes and send the report off to Ed. Inquiring minds want to know everything Indy about the event!! Have a blast! :gun:

Nothing to fear, harvey. The ipod nano and the technical pathway have been chacked by myself and Ed, so the recording shouldn't be a technical problem. Just depends how it goes on the day now.

harvey

Violet said:
Nothing to fear, harvey. The ipod nano and the technical pathway have been chacked by myself and Ed, so the recording shouldn't be a technical problem. Just depends how it goes on the day now.

Nice! Can't wait to hear. If you get a chance, ask KA or JRD if they think the Indy series should eventually be rebooted and take on the stories from the 1940s. (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
J.R-D fan said:
Hi all,

I joined this site after being blown away by John Rhys-Davies at Armageddon this year. For anyone who may be interested, I have a review of the event with pics on my blog;

http://revengeofthefilmnerds.com/armageddon-sydney-2011/film-nerd-and-bride-of-film-nerd-summary/

Welcome to the Raven, J.R-D fan. :hat: It's always good to see a fellow moviebuff and a fellow con goer (I often frequent Supanova myself). Nice report and summary. You covered it very well.

I have done a report on the event myself, though it will be through the Indycast (the unofficial Indyfan podcast).

And yes, John Rhys-Davies was totally awesome. I didn't get to go to his panel. I could really only afford the one day pass, but I did get an autograph and chatted with him. He was happy to be signing a Sallah pic because he had been signing Gimli's all day!

J.R-D fan

Violet said:
Welcome to the Raven, J.R-D fan. :hat: It's always good to see a fellow moviebuff and a fellow con goer (I often frequent Supanova myself). Nice report and summary. You covered it very well.

I have done a report on the event myself, though it will be through the Indycast (the unofficial Indyfan podcast).

And yes, John Rhys-Davies was totally awesome. I didn't get to go to his panel. I could really only afford the one day pass, but I did get an autograph and chatted with him. He was happy to be signing a Sallah pic because he had been signing Gimli's all day!

Thanks for the welcome Violet, glad to be here. Yeah I am probably best described as a moviebuff in general, but Indy is one of my childhood faves. I have a home-made Indy costume at home that I wore to the local opening night of Crystal Skull.

I actually have video footage of the first 24 minutes of John Rhys-Davies panel, right up until my camera battery died, yet the file size is almost 3 Gigabytes so it is too big for my blog. If you are interested though, I can try and find another method of making it public??

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
J.R-D fan said:
Thanks for the welcome Violet, glad to be here. Yeah I am probably best described as a moviebuff in general, but Indy is one of my childhood faves. I have a home-made Indy costume at home that I wore to the local opening night of Crystal Skull.

I actually have video footage of the first 24 minutes of John Rhys-Davies panel, right up until my camera battery died, yet the file size is almost 3 Gigabytes so it is too big for my blog. If you are interested though, I can try and find another method of making it public??

Youtube is your friend, me thinks. I would interested in the footage as would the rest of the Raven and I'm sure the Indycast would express interest (I'm not usually someone who's on the Indycast, I've just done this report because I just happen to be in Sydney). I'll mention it to the top man of the Indycast.

J.R-D fan said:

First off, welcome to the boards! I'm glad to see that JRD once again did not disappoint in person. I've never gotten to meet him, but those who have always seem to enjoy the experience immensely!

We're always happy to have new Indy content for The IndyCast. If you can find a way to get the video online I (or Ed, I would imagine) would be glad to go in and grab some audio for the podcast. A YouTube upload would do it (you should be able to do it in 2 separate files). Or another alternative would be to mail it to one of us on a memory card and we could upload for you. :hat:

I enjoyed the write-up on your blog and I'm glad you had fun!

Violet, I can't wait to hear what you got too! (y)

J.R-D fan

Thanks for the suggestions, Rob. I will go ahead and upload to YouTube later tonight. For convenience, I can link them all to play directly from the same blog page, as I have video of some of the other panels I visited, for those who are interested. I will let you know when they are up as soon as I am done!

J.R-D fan

Violet said:
Thanks for posting those vids! Totally awesome stuff. (y)

I am glad you liked it!! I have put up all my videos now of the panels, including 2 minutes of Karen Allen at the bottom of the post, for those who are keen!!

Grizzlor

Hey, great videos. Did you have anymore of JRD, he was in the middle of talking about Sliders and the 2nd video ends?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Grizzlor said:
Hey, great videos. Did you have anymore of JRD, he was in the middle of talking about Sliders and the 2nd video ends?

Yeah, that's the moment JRD fan's camera died. Mind you, he did alright to get as much as he did.

J.R-D fan said:
I am glad you liked it!! I have put up all my videos now of the panels, including 2 minutes of Karen Allen at the bottom of the post, for those who are keen!!

Have you got more than 2 minutes worth? Or are you just be nice to the Indycast? ;)