TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 02-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #26
Doctor Jones'89
IndyFan

I'd love it to be similar to Uncharted, but it would be tough for any company to make a decent product. When dealing with a title like Indy, expectations (from fans and videogamers alike) get very, very high. Honestly, I still need to find a game as immersive and enjoyable as FoA or Infernal Machine. It still feels like you're exploring places when playing these (very) old games. I didn't dislike Emperor's Tomb, but the story is not as captivating (it's just a chaotic backdrop to move to an exotic location to another), and you didn't have as much freedom to explore massive levels, as in Infernal Machine.

Personally, I think that the main drive of a game should be its narrative (cf. some wonderful recent games such as Talos Principle, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Observer; they might have some minor flaws but these are overshadowed by their powerful and gripping story) but that doesn't necessarily matches the commercial interest of Disney/Lucasfilm. Consider what happened with Star Wars Battlefront 1&2 (which are visually stunning, I mean incredibly stunning, but apart from that...).

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to the release of the 2.0 demo of FoA Special edition (if it's actually going to be released anytime soon).
Doctor Jones'89 is offline   Reply With Quote