Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

San Holo

We should start seeing some new screenshots from Lucasarts after the first of the year for the new Indy game. E3 is coming up and I'll bet they will toss us a bone or two in regards to the Indy franchise. Is it coming out in '06 or '07?

IndyBuff

From what I've heard, it's scheduled to come out sometime in 2007. Personally, I wish they'd release more games instead of one every three or four years but at least they're promising us another game. I'm hoping there will be some more news at E3 but at this point it may be too early to tell.

San Holo

Thought I'd bump this thread a little. I saw the new issue of Stuff magazine and it mentioned that the new Indy game will be out in 9 months. :D

Grizzlor

I'm more than happy to wait 3 or 4 years between Indy games if LucasArts continues their stellar game design.

IAdventurer01

Grizzlor said:
I'm more than happy to wait 3 or 4 years between Indy games...

I as well. Indy ain't Star Wars. The franchise itself doesn't really lend itself to multiple games a year. There just aren't as many...
A. story ideas.
B. appropriate gameplay types.
C. characters (Come on, you can't have an Indy-less Indy game :D)

IndyBuff

San Holo said:
Thought I'd bump this thread a little. I saw the new issue of Stuff magazine and it mentioned that the new Indy game will be out in 9 months. :D

That sounds great! It would be nice to finally see another Indy game and film surface or at least go into development this year.:)

San Holo

temple of john said:
has there been any talk of a possible plot of the game? Is it only being released for x-box 360 or will it be available for x-box? 9 months??? Really??? Cool. I certainly look forward to that. I actually really enjoyed ET and I hope this time they may improve on the artifact. Maybe Excalibur???
It is supposed to tie in with Indy 4.

IndyBuff

How are they going to tie this game in with the new film in only nine months? I'm guessing that means that Indy IV will be filmed this summer and ready to release late this year or next year. I'm not sure how they will do it but hopefully we'll see the game before the end of the year.

I've been playing Fate of Atlantis and Emperor's Tomb quite a bit lately and I'm always looking forward to the next Indy game.:whip:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Maybe we get to play the previous adventure that ends in the beginning of Indy 4, like ET and ToD?

IndyBuff

VP said:
Maybe we get to play the previous adventure that ends in the beginning of Indy 4, like ET and ToD?

That's a good possibility and it would be a neat way to lead into the film.

intergamer

If I recall correctly, Excalibur was just a nice sword, but it was the scabbard that protected King Arthur from shedding blood? Maybe?

IndyBuff

intergamer said:
If I recall correctly, Excalibur was just a nice sword, but it was the scabbard that protected King Arthur from shedding blood? Maybe?

It would be a neat idea, although Indy already discovered those items in The White Witch novel, so I doubt they'll use the same artifact twice. Still, you never know....:whip:

spohlso

I would love to see a modern game based on Raiders! I just played the old 2600 version yesterday. Came very close to winning, but I got my parachute stolen in the Well of Souls and didn't feel like going back for another, so I just quit. Maybe aI'll try again today.

Katarn07

It's supposed to be next gen only, so no current gen consoles will play it. Kinda sucks. I plan on getting an X360 eventually but if not, it's sure to be PC as well.

Anyone see this old video about the next Indy game? Don't get your hopes up. It's LEC in general but they mention Indy (for a whole 30 seconds! Whoo) and you see part of the game briefly. I can't fast foward and it doesn't come around until the 2:10 mark so put up with the BS about how great all the new SW games are :)sick: ). Better than nothing though, right?