Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Nothing that I know of. They released all the info about ET about six months before the planned release.

Katarn07

Heh. I must've forgot to actually paste that part. :eek: VP linked the right one. As said, nothing special.

And yeah, all I know about the game is it is not an Indy 4 adaptation. So if and when that comes out, we'll probably get that as well.

San Holo

I tried the link, but computer is garbage. What does this glimpse of the game look like-for those of us who can't watch the video?

IndyBuff

San Holo said:
I tried the link, but computer is garbage. What does this glimpse of the game look like-for those of us who can't watch the video?

I can't get the video to work for me anymore but basically it just had the announcers talking about the game and it showed a few outlines for levels in the game and things like that. It was interesting but you're not missing much by not seeing it (and you don't have to watch Adam Sessler act crazy, which is a good thing).;)

Overthrow

Big news. Maybe.

If I'm right, you heard it from me, here, first. If I'm wrong, my name is John Doe and all rotten tomatoes should be thrown in the direction of Albequerque.

I have a family member who works in the video game industry, and she was invited to attend GDC, the Game Development Conference. If you folks know what E3 is, I'm told that it's similar to that.

LucasArts representatives were there, taking questions, and one of them let slip that the man himself, Harrison Ford, will be engaged in talks to play the voice of a younger Dr. Jones in an upcoming next generation video game. They do not want to use another sound alike, and are looking to make the game as "cinematic as possible while still remaining interactive." A major Hollywood writer will also be negotiated with to write the script for the game. How major, I don't know, but Indy probably won't be mumbling inane crap ("Huh... That branch looks whippable...") like he did in FOA, IM, and ET. I'd also say it's safe to speculate that the game will be an original story, not a direct narative of Indy IV. She also said something important was said about the music from Shadows of the Empire, but she didn't catch that part very well.

I'm told that more details may be released, officially, later this year, when LucasArts officially reveal its currently developing projects. Just to add a little more fuel to the fire, my relative and I speculate that said developing projects might include Knights of the Old Republic 3, Mercenaries 2, and will definitely include an Indiana Jones game. Teaser footage of the game was first revealed months ago, and I was told a while ago that the team developing the game survived massive layoffs at LucasArts entirely intact.

I have no way to prove any of this, and I totally understand other people being skeptical. I have called BS, righteously, on others in the past relating Harrison Ford's involvement with the franchise. For now, this is just to stir up some excitement for my fellow loyal Indy fans, but I would really hate if this turned out to be just more false hope. We've had plenty already. Theraider.net is my favorite Indiana Jones fansite, and it has been a great resource for hope that Indy IV will happen, so I wanted to share the news here first. This will be the first time Ford has officially played Jones since a brief part in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, well over ten years ago. I'm stoked.

"They do not want to use another sound alike"

That'd be GREAT! Cause that doofus in Emperors Tomb sounded awful!

But I'm not holding my breath... If Harrison Ford hasn't done any game acting yet, I'd be surprised if he started now, in his twilight years....

Overthrow

You know, the rumor mill just goes crazy around these parts of the year. People are willing to say anything about their games and companies to get public interest stirred. And it's possible that my relative misinterpreted a generic response, or even just misheard it. But the reason that I actually have, for lack of a better word, faith that the rumor about Ford is probably true is because:

1. When the Disneyland ride was being worked on, Ford was in negotiations to do voice work, commercials, and footage clips to play Indiana Jones.
2. Ford has expressed that he's wanted to replay Indiana Jones many, many times over the years.
3. Voice acting for a video game is *much* less demanding and time consuming than physically acting.
4. SEAN CONNERY. The recently released "From Russia with Love" game for X-Box, Playstation 2 and GameCube featured original voice acting from Sean Connery, playing himself as a much younger James Bond. If Connery played a 30 year old Bond in a videogame, I'm sure Ford would have no qualms with playing a 20-40 year old Indiana. Especially if they get the money and schedule right, which I'm sure they will. I mean, how much is two or three days of Harrison Ford's time worth?

Vlad Dracula

I liked the voice actor for Emperor's Tomb. I thought He did a great job. Way better than the guy from Infernal Machine. Of course having Harrison Ford do the voice would be even better.

Finn

Staff member
...which is kinda ironic as the guy who was so lousy in IM was superb in FoA.

Vlad Dracula

I haven't played Fate of Atlantis. So I can't comment on how the voice acting was like in that game. I do think David Esch (Tomb) sounds a lot more like Ford than Doug Lee (FOA and IM).

IndyBuff

San Holo said:
The new Indy game will be officially unveiled at E3 next month.:whip:

That's great news. I hope they have some solid footage and gameplay available, as well as a release date or something similar to give us an idea of how they are doing. I can't wait to hear more.:)

San Holo

Indy said:
That's great news. I hope they have some solid footage and gameplay available, as well as a release date or something similar to give us an idea of how they are doing. I can't wait to hear more.:)
Yeah expect to see an array of screenshots, story info, title, release date, and some awsome video footage of Dr.Jones in action.

IndyBuff

Are they planning to release it this year or are they going to wait? I read earlier that it was supposed to come out at the end of this year but I know that they originally planned it for 2007 to coincide with the release of Indy IV. Does anyone know for sure?

IrishLuck1980

It would be great if Harrison Ford did the voice of Indy for this new game. It would wet my beak a little more in anticipation for Indiana Jones IV.

IndyBuff

IrishLuck1980 said:
It would be great if Harrison Ford did the voice of Indy for this new game. It would wet my beak a little more in anticipation for Indiana Jones IV.

I agree. EA has done a great job with the James Bond games and they were even able to get Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery to do voices for the games, which made them even better. I'd like to see LucasArts take this route sometime. Just once I'd like to see Harrison lend his voice to an Indy game and I know he could do a great job.