Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

DaFedora

That's it, I'm getting a playstation for Christmas !

Yeeha! At last the first preview of the new Indy game...

fights on cablecars against Chinamen?
new AI engine with DMM technology rendering fluid quick action? :whip:

ALRIGHT ! I've been holding the console industry way back for this one!

Mom better get me a PlayStation 3 for Christmas !!!!!!

Otherwise, I'll go nutz if I can't play this Indiana Jones 2007 game on a regular PC... It's just too unreal, a new Indy game is like the continuation of hours of adventure fun for us diehard fans!

I'll get myself the "24: the game" straight away - I really considered buying a Playstation console just because "24: the game" came out, but know I rather wait for PS3 and then buy both...

Like Will Smith said flying a UFO in Independence Day :
" I GOTTA get me one o' these !"

IAdventurer01

Game looks good. Gameplay looks good. However, I've noticed some things about the graphics that bug me...

1. Don't the characters not seem to blend naturally into their backrounds?

2. Emperor's Tomb's Indy seems to look a lot more like Ford than this incarnation.

Those critiques aside, I am very excited about this, along with confirmation that this is the precursor to THE NEXT MOVIE. :D

Teke

I can´t believe that the game is not comming to PC :mad:
All Indy´s games had been able to computers... I canot understand this exclusive for ps3 and x360 :mad: :mad:

I hope they at least will port the game to the PC, because I haven´t the money to buy a PS3...

The game looks good, at least the fighting movements... but the graphics seems to be for a PS2 game... I don´t know... it doesn´t seems a "next-gen" game.

And the Indy´s character likeness with Ford is awful... It doesn´t seems to be Indiana Jones, it´s like another character.

Katarn07

@ IAdventurer01. The game is more than a year away. The graphics will be better by then and the characters will probably 'blend' better, especially if ILM is doing the lighting.

@Teke. Then don't get a PS3. It's $600 for what? Better graphics than the already expensive X360 ($400) and some stupid feature on their controllers that they hope will make those interested in the Wii jump on board with their console? Sony can go to hell. I'm definately getting the X360 and if the Wii actually gets more support than the Gamecube did, I may get one for Xmas or something.

I'm indifferent to both the screens and videos. I'm more thrilled to read the IGN article. Can't wait for an actual trailer and some better screens.

EvilDevo

euphoria looks a little like an updated version of the havok engine (the punisher game uses the same engine, among others) although it looks pretty good... the hit reactions arent that amazingly original. im just hoping the AI is where they say it is at. this game doesnt look THAT much different from ET at this point, but who knows whats possible in a year. besides... id love 10 clones of the same game if indy was involved

IndyBuff

I too noticed that Indy didn't look much like Ford but they still have a lot of work to do and I'm sure things like that can be easily fixed. I do wish that they could get Ford to do the voiceover for the game because that would be truely awesome. The graphics and overall gameplay look great so far and this is shaping up to be a fantastic game.:whip:

DaFedora

simulation error?

Upon seeing the trailer a second time, I think I saw a fysical error: there's a punch that one chinamen gets, and his head turns extremely rightways, over 90 degrees on his neck, while his upper body is not moving correspondingly - or the guy actually seriously broke his neck when his head got yanked away too severe upon mpact of the punch Indy threw.

Also, some bodies that had a feeling being immobile dummies, although one of them seemed to try to get hold of a handle or a stability point upon falling upsidedown against the car side... I would break my wrist trying to do that dropping down in mid-air, but whatever... the simulation still needs to be slightly perfected yet :p

WonSelf

this all looks very exciting, but what's the reason they won't release it on the PC? do they really lose money if they release it for that platform?

thank god I just bought a $ 1200 high end pc :eek:

OhioJones

The game looks fantastic! I am really looking forward to it!

I would much rather have seen a more cinematic trailer though, but Im sure in the future there will be one.

Deadlock

I don't want to be a naysayer...

Neato graphics and physics are fine. But there had better be increased emphasis on making this an ADVENTURE game: navigating (and getting lost!) in gigantic exotic locations, puzzles, traps, ets.

Personally, I'm not interested in blam-powing baddies for the whole game. I felt that was a weakness in Emperor’s Tomb... it was more like Double Dragon than Indiana Jones.

indyjones2131

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in one of the concept drawings for the new game, there is a temple with angels' wings that look very similar to the Ark of the Covenant.

At least enough to make me say, "Good God."

IndyBuff

Deadlock said:
I don't want to be a naysayer...

Neato graphics and physics are fine. But there had better be increased emphasis on making this an ADVENTURE game: navigating (and getting lost!) in gigantic exotic locations, puzzles, traps, ets.

Personally, I'm not interested in blam-powing baddies for the whole game. I felt that was a weakness in Emperor?s Tomb... it was more like Double Dragon than Indiana Jones.

Point taken. One thing I would like to see is more openess (if that's the proper word). I really want to explore and take multiple directions to complete an objective. I really liked ET but some of the levels were too linear and simplistic in places. That's just a minor gripe and it didn't ruin the game for me in any way but now I'd like to see a more expansive game this time around.

indyjones2131

Man I agree completely! Not only did I miss the exploration and adventure aspect, but I thought the magical weapons in the end was dumb as well, as was fighting ghosts.

I said as much in the online survey Lucasarts put out not too long ago. I also mentioned that games are getting away from being games and are leaning more toward being called interactive experiences - and for good reason. In the past, a game base don a movie would have the protagonist shooting and/or killing hundreds of lifeless enemies that just ran along the screen.

We all know Indy is not rambo and with innovations in gaming tech, the 15 hours of a game can instead be filled with experiences tht require quick decision making and deep choices and exploration. Not only does this make for a richer experience, but it is better suited for a character such as Indy.

ET was fun for a while, but it DID feel like Double Dragon or Final Fight. Until Lucasarts put the adventure back in and remembers that Indy is kinda clumsy, not such a good fighter that he could take down dozens of guys and has a brain that works!, we will not have a true interactive Indy experience. We need stealth elements, puzzle solving, exploration, decision making, and a bit of action. Let us walk around a Indy's office or home. Let us choose our destination around the globe (FoA). Let us choose how to tackle a dangerous situation unsing brain or brawn.

I will say that ET did capture well the mannerisms of Indy when fighting ie the stumbles, the swagger..., but a jumping whip swing? Leave that to Lara. The draw of Indy is that he is human, but smart and lucky enought to barely get out of really bad situations.

Of course the riding the elephant concept art from the new game is cool.

San Holo

Well, Chud.com is putting up the "rumored" official title to the new Indy game-
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Moses
What do you think?

Finn

Staff member
That sounds a little too convenient...

Plus, that thing's been one of the most speculated Indy IV McGuffins among the fan community.

I'm not shooting this one down, of course, but I'll say that when the title's up on the LucasArts site, I believe it.

It's just making me suspicious as none of this stuff is exactly fresh. All this we've been hearing during the past 24 hours has more or less not at least something to do with earlier ideas of the creator dept, but connections to known fan activities as well. Shifty.

San Holo

Shifty indeed. The Force.net is reportin' news from EBgames that this is the title. Does this mean the game will have any ties to the Staff of Moses fan book(doubtful, but who knows):confused: