Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Rae-deemer

At this point, I'm more looking forward to the game than the film. Let's see..

Crystal Skulls or Staff of Moses?

I'll take the Staff of Moses.

San Holo

What do you think about the '08 release date. Kinda sux, I really expected them to release it with the Young Indy dvd's in mid December of this year.

Rae-deemer

San Holo said:
What do you think about the '08 release date. Kinda sux, I really expected them to release it with the Young Indy dvd's in mid December of this year.

Origiannly it was supposed to be released this summer.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, it sucks. I was hoping for this year around Christmas or something. What's going on with YIJC Dvds?

San Holo

I'm hearing alot of press about the new Indy games(plural).. We all know about the one next-gen ditty, but what other games are they working on? Lego Indy, an official Indy 4 movie game, Excitebike 2008 featuring 'Lil Abner-for the Wii:whip:

scifiwolf

I've been wondering about a LEGO game since the deal was announced. Somehow, it takes away from the machismo of the franchise. The Star Wars LEGO games exuded cutsiness, and I really wouldn't want that for Indy.

Finn

Staff member
Don't get the train going yet, our friend San Holo was obviously merely musing with possibilities. There's no known announcements on any of these.

I wouldn't be too hot about a Indy IV game nevertheless. It would be one of those action-adventure romps that are quickly slapped together. Video games and short production cycles are... well, rarely not so good. If any of you has tried any Star Wars prequel video game (I mean the official movie games, not all of them that take place in the mentioned timeline) and those PotC hack'n'slashes... you should know what I'm talking about.

San Holo

I was just thinking about this game's delay, and all of the positives that can come of the 2008 release. I really hope they use this time to polish the graphics, work out the kinks, above all-add Harrison's voice to the script. Hell, while they have him under contract as Indy...why not do a proper scan of his fedora topped mug as well..give us the first Indy game starring Harrison Ford as Dr. Jones. You guys think we will get the read deal with this one?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I don't know, I've always been happy enough with the likeness. It seemed right, even if it wasn't exactly Harrison Ford. (Although, wasn't it, in Emperor's Tomb? It sure seemed like it.)

For a really bad likeness, due to legal troubles, check out Michael Corleone in the Godfather game - when you have Robert Duvall, Marlon Brando, James Caan, John Cazale, and Abe Vigoda's likeness in the game, it became pretty glaring how generic the Michael character was.

Gear

Sorry if this has been posted already

But there are about a hundred replies here.

I read an article at the Indy experience.com about Indiana Jones 2007 (which is coming out around May 2008) about the facts about the new game.
It said that the game is set in 1939 "...and that means Nazis." and I thought that was insaine! This game was under direction from George Lucas and he has it centered around Nazis?! Emperors Tomb and Fate of Atlantis already have him fighting Nazis and then there's the films, Raiders and Last Crusade all pit him against Nazis. So he's faught them 5 times! 5 TIMES! ...Is'nt that a bit old?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
gear guardian said:
This game was under direction from George Lucas and he has it centered around Nazis?! Emperors Tomb and Fate of Atlantis already have him fighting Nazis and then there's the films, Raiders and Last Crusade all pit him against Nazis. So he's faught them 5 times! 5 TIMES! ...Is'nt that a bit old?
Yeah, and he also fights nazis in most of the fan films.

JoelM

VP said:
Yeah, and he also fights nazis in most of the fan films.

I think that's almost as much of a signature to Indiana Jones as his hat and bullwhip (almost not quite though) ;)

Gear

I like Staff of Kings alot better than Staff of Moses. Staff of Kings fits in more with the style of the series. The Indiana Jones adventures were suppost to have a B movie feel to them. In my opinion, calling the new Indy game Staff of Moses would be like calling the first Jones movie INDIANA JONES and the LOST ARK rather than RAIDERS of the LOST ARK. Also, the title Staff of Kings sounds more mysterious, "What could that be?... 'Staff of Kings'..." Staff of Moses is like "O.k. what ever. Its Indy looking for Moses's staff". In other words the thrill and adventure is lost.

Think about it...

INDIANA JONES and the STAFF of KINGS

:whip:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the staff of Moses cures snake bites, and was destroyed as idolatrous. The staff of Aaron is associated with the ten plagues of Egypt, and can become a snake. We got a preview of this in Secret of the Sphinx, also the Prince of Egypt movie. It seems perfect for a video game.

I wonder, if Indy dodges the death of a firstborn plague, will there be a subtle reference to Shia's character?