Lego Indiana Jones Demo for PCa vailavb

Deckard

Its not that I don't get it Vance, Its I don't get why it can't appeal to people of all ages? I joked about the fact that there is no violence but clearly stated I understand and am fine with that.

What I don't like are some of the more technical issues. For instance lack of Widescreen support, That means I have to play it in a little window in the corner of the monitor.

The controls are sloppy. Why? They are met for a console controller. There are times where its hard to manuveur a little like you want because you dont have sensitive control sticks but instead wsad.

There are the issues of the lack of camera control, as I stated I found Satipo in my way a number of times, and I don't like that its so linear meaning only one way to open a door or get around something, I like options.

SO AGAIN I WILL SAY IT BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE MUST HAVE MISSED IT.

I think this will be a fine game for consoles, I am complaining about the lack of attention to the PC port, for the above stated reasons, and I hope that they take the time to sort this all out.

I already stated I would buy this if they fixed a few glitches but apparently people don't like to read. If you don't like complaining start a thread called I just touched myself to the new Indy lego game and go there and talk about your kids and how they like happy meals and speed racer.

Dust McAlan

Deckard said:
And Dusty Im complaining to complain? Thats one of the dumbest things I've heard, I made my arguement of whats wrong with it, hopefullt They will address some of these issues. Im glad you base alot of your life and desicions on what your 5 year old likes sort of like the guys over at AICN, but I like to make my own decisions and I feel the game just doesn't live up to Indy, or other games for that matter.
Wow. You completely missed my point.

My point was that if a five year old kid can play this game and enjoy the hell out of it, why can't you?

Deckard

Dust McAlan said:
Wow. You completely missed my point.

My point was that if a five year old kid can play this game and enjoy the hell out of it, why can't you?

Clearly you missed my point and may be illiterate.

I, for starters, can't enjoy it, because it doesn't work on my monitor which is an issue with the port. I'm not going to keep going, Im going to tell you to re-read my above post where I already answered your question as to technical issues.

Also maybe because Im not 5? I'm 22 and fully appreciate the films and was hoping for a bit more successful translation. That didn't occur, that's ok. What isn't is the way the PC release is being handled. But again you come back to this thing My 5 year old likes it why can't you. Your 5 year old probably likes Tellitubbies and eating worms, why don't you? Because you know better.

gringo

Deckard said:

I, for starters, can't enjoy it, because it doesn't work on my monitor which is an issue with the port. I'm not going to keep going, Im going to tell you to re-read my above post where I already answered your question as to technical issues.

Also maybe because Im not 5? I'm 22 and fully appreciate the films and was hoping for a bit more successful translation. That didn't occur, that's ok. What isn't is the way the PC release is being handled. But again you come back to this thing My 5 year old likes it why can't you. Your 5 year old probably likes Tellitubbies and eating worms, why don't you? Because you know better.

The game does support wide-screen. I have a widescreen monitor and it looked fine, no stretching and fit the whole screen. I thought the demo was great, if not perfect. I have tested and played games since before you and Nurcrotchi was born. This game is going for a totally different audience than the games you listed earlier. This game will sell very well too, like it's previous counterparts.

I will be first in line to purchase this on 6/3 and probably will be playing it all night, with my wife *****ing the whole time :)

Dust McAlan

Deckard said:

Wow. I just want you to know that you're an idiot.

I can't believe you actually wrote all that. Amazing.

Deckard

Dust McAlan said:
Wow. I just want you to know that you're an idiot.

I can't believe you actually wrote all that. Amazing.

Am I? Did your 5 yr old say Im an idiot so thats why I am, or were you able to make this decision on your own for once?

Vance

Guys.. neither of you are speaking well of yourselves right now.

Maybe it's time to kill the thread?

Dust McAlan

Deckard said:
Am I? Did your 5 yr old say Im an idiot so thats why I am, or were you able to make this decision on your own for once?
I'm going to say one last thing, and then I'll calmly walk away from the thread.

I don't know what your problem is. I have no idea why you resorted so quickly to personal attacks. But you're obviously not reading what I wrote, nor did you really go back and look at your original complaints. Your complaints about being true to Indy were louder and more vocal than your complaints about the tech of the port. And again, I addressed the port issues that you brought up (save the widescreen support, as I don't have a widescreen monitor), and couldn't figure out where your complaints came from. I mentioned my son being able to play and enjoy the game without a problem because that's who the target audience is.

I'm not innocent of lobbying personal attacks, but dude, pull your head out of that dark crevice it's in and look at what you wrote and how much venom is laden in your posts. I've had bigger internet arguments than this before, but not so quickly over so little. You really need to take a step back and figure out how to use proper etiquette on the interent. Again, I stooped low with the personal bombs, but in my own defense you threw the first blow and only dropped bigger bombs thereafter.

Nurhachi1991

Dust McAlan said:
Wow. Thank god you're not the target audience for this game. You're more the kind of gamer who'd be more at home with Staff of Kings (whenever that releases) as opposed to a kid-friendly game that positively drips with Indy essence but is fun, charming, and loaded with extras.

As far as my son's knowledge of what a port is or isn't, the simple fact that he was able to (A) play the game and (B) enjoy it means that your arguments are pretty much null and void. There's nothing wrong with the controls, the game engine, or the port itself. I played the whole demo through to completion without a problem, made it through the rolling boulder sequence without a problem, and didn't encounter any of the same problems you had. And as far as the Hovitos chase---why do you care so much? The filmed version still exists and it made none the worse by this innocent, charming video game. Right now you're complaining just to complain it seems.

You made me lol with your ignorance. You obviously don't have kids, do you?

Yeah being 17 and all I have 3 kids and my wife is on the way with number 4

Ok than if the kiddies will not be affected by the violence in the movies than........... Why the **** is it not in the game?!?!?! There legos for godssake how is a game with cute little plastic blocks violent? You could have the Devils Rejects in lego form and it would kid friendly

Also Vance I never said I was to cool or kewl as you say for this game. I loved Lego Star Wars they were fun as hell a little easy for my taste but still good and they were pretty true to the films.

This however is really not even close to the movies............ Jock running with Indy, Mola Ram not ripping any hearts even though in Lego Star Wars 2 Chewbacca could rip off arms. But the my biggest complaint is that they removed Nazis all together that is just bs. The Nazis is the Indy films were not even that bad they were bumbling morons that always got killed in the end they were lighthearted funny Nazis.There not like the Nazis in Schlinder's list who were pure evil Holocaust Nazis. So there is no excuse for not having Nazis in the game but nowadays everything has to be so freaking politically correct.

Last edited:

Dust McAlan

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah being 17 and all I have 3 kids and my wife is on the way with number 4

Ok than if the kiddies will not be affected by the violence in the movies than........... Why the **** is it not in the game?!?!?! There legos for godssake how is a game with cute little plastic blocks violent? You could have the Devils Rejects in lego form and it would kid friendly
You're missing the point.

Kids WILL be affected by the violence in the films. Which is why it's NOT in the kids version. But kids playing the KIDS GAME at a young age and then watching the ADULT ORIENTED VIOLENCE at an OLDER, more suitable age, will not affect them.

Indiana Jones has a huge crossover appeal. Kids love Indy. But a lot of kids can't watch Indy without going crazy scared from the blood and violence, especially in Temple of Doom. Last Crusade is easily the most kid-friendly, so start your kids on that one.

LEGO Indiana Jones is made for a younger audience, but with enough cool features that hardcore fans can enjoy it too. But, the most important thing to remember it that it's made for kids.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah When I was 5 and my Dad put on Raiders for the first time it did scare me seeing Satipo all bloddy and the Ark scene of course but I got over it and saw TOD and LC right after. That is the Indy I grew up with, with all the blood and gore intact not a watered down kids version. It was good enough for me it was good enough for everyone else so it should be good enough for kids nowadays.

Like I said before there legos and how could legos possibly be violent?

Nurhachi1991

Well I have to pre order it anyway............... Look at the shirt you get and it is the only way to get Mola Ram and I love Mola Ram

Still wish it had Nazis though (n)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It does have Nazis, they're just not treated as Nazis. As I've said before and as you've conceded was a good point, if all characters are to be playable, and they are, then you can't have characters who are explicitly Nazis.

What's more, you can't get that hung up on the Mola Ram/heart thing, because not having played the actual game yet, we don't know how that's treated. The clips we've seen of that portion are likely not the full thing. Also, certain concessions must be made in order to have a second playable character at all times. That means Sapito makes it out of the temple. That means Jock is there once he does.

I also don't see how you're being able to handle the violence in the films means that other kids automatically can.

And, apart from my own personal views on the <I>topic</I>, which strikes me as an appropriate one to discuss, it must be said that this <I>thread</I> is veering into inappropriate territory. Tone it done, guys - especially Deckard, Nurhachi1991, and Dust McAlan - and keep it civil.

Nurhachi1991

I know there has to be 2 playable characters but for single player mode after you grap the Idol it should show the cut scene where you see Satipo speared next to Forrestal and you do the boulder run solo........... In free play you can have two people for that but in single it should have just Indy and it is not even that long of a segment it is only like 1 min.

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
I know there has to be 2 playable characters but for single player mode after you grap the Idol it should show the cut scene where you see Satipo speared next to Forrestal and you do the boulder run solo........... In free play you can have two people for that but in single it should have just Indy and it is not even that long of a segment it is only like 1 min.

The problem w/ free play is that too often you need a whip or shovel so you can't use the custom characters for more then a min or two w/o having to switch. I also found when I changed Satipo to Shortround, When I would swing w/ my whip somewhere Satipo needs your help to get to, instead of waiting, the npc would just change itself to Indy and follow me. 2 Indys.

Dust McAlan

Deckard said:
The problem w/ free play is that too often you need a whip or shovel so you can't use the custom characters for more then a min or two w/o having to switch. I also found when I changed Satipo to Shortround, When I would swing w/ my whip somewhere Satipo needs your help to get to, instead of waiting, the npc would just change itself to Indy and follow me. 2 Indys.
That's actually something charming about the game that I loved. In the demo, you can't go underneath the level without the Thuggee Guard to activate the Lego Kali statue (Lego Kali....those words make me laugh), and then you can't proceed without Henry to decipher the hieroglyphics. It makes beating the game and getting all the characters worth it, because then you can go back and replay different levels and unlock new things after the fact.

Skipper

OK, I just played it, and found it incredibly frustrating. The controls were terrible -- I kept falling off of ledges. Also, it was really annoying having to keep track of 2 characters. I would rather just worry about Indy.

The music is awesome, and I like the idea of the game, but I'd prefer it if was just "cartoon" Indy instead of "Lego" Indy.

Maybe the XBox360 version will have better controls.

Vazel

I had a blast with the demo. I didn't have any trouble with the controls or your partner getting in the way. I take it those that had trouble with controls were playing with their keyboard? I played with a Logitech Rumblepad 2(a PS2 control clone).

Dust McAlan

Vazel said:
I had a blast with the demo. I didn't have any trouble with the controls or your partner getting in the way. I take it those that had trouble with controls were playing with their keyboard? I played with a Logitech Rumblepad 2(a PS2 control clone).
I played with a keyboard and had very few problems, mostly when jumping to grab vines.

The control scheme is very old school, with the directional keys used to literally move in their respective directions rather than simply forward/back/left/right. And depending on the perspective, it can be difficult to adjust. Personally I had no problems; thought it was great.

Skipper

Yeah, in fairness, I was just using the keyboard. I'm not sure I could ever enjoy an action/adventure game where I have to use the keyboard.