Lego Indy OA hints and tech help

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
You're stuck, you're frustrated, and you want instant gratification. Or you want to report today's accomplishments as a service to fellow citizens. Or you just want to pound the keyboard with the caps lock key on. Here is the thread for you. Make a spot of tea and settle in for a nice, long read.

Also, watch this first post for links to suggested patches and walkthroughs.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Don't about achievements, I have problems of my own.

How do you open the gate to Pankot Palace? I kept having heaps of trouble putting all three characters on the elevator thing with the ladder. I can't put all three on there. I can put two of them when I'm playing multiplayer, but struggle still getting the last character there. Is there another way or is there a trick to it?

nezobiwan

Violet Indy said:
Don't about achievements, I have problems of my own.

How do you open the gate to Pankot Palace? I kept having heaps of trouble putting all three characters on the elevator thing with the ladder. I can't put all three on there. I can put two of them when I'm playing multiplayer, but struggle still getting the last character there. Is there another way or is there a trick to it?
The elephants need to go on the platform on the left. All three characters need to be at the gate to stand on the buttons on the right, as you said. To make sure everyone gets that far, you have to make sure that everyone gets past the mud pits. A character needs to ride an elephant to safely cross the 2 or 3 mudpits in this level. The last mudpit is crossably by Indy using his whip, so you can put Willie and Short Round onto the two elephants and have Indy just swing across.

Does that help? It's hard to explain without visuals... plus I've only played that level once so I'm only guessing as to what trouble you're having. :gun:

nezobiwan

Gillman said:
Can anyone explain to me what achievements are? There's a list in the hint book, and I'll post a link to some that you can earn, but all I see are point values and quotations from the movie. Do you get anything for performing the achievements? Do achievement points do anything?

Thanks,

Rob

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lego-indiana-jones/achievements/

Sorry for the double post...

I think that acheivements are just "bragging rights" between other gamers. I don't think they have anything to do with the game. My husband explained them as ways of one-upping other gamers. "Oh, you have so-and-so achievement? Well did you get the whats-it?" etc.

Indy4fan

Stuck-Temple of Doom

After I get the antidote, fix the car, how do I fix the plane? I see an entrance for Short Round but I can't get him to stay on the platform. I also see a plane piece but I can't get to it. I already used the whip to activate the propellers. Thanks.

I'm using a PSP.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
nezobiwan said:
The elephants need to go on the platform on the left. All three characters need to be at the gate to stand on the buttons on the right, as you said. To make sure everyone gets that far, you have to make sure that everyone gets past the mud pits. A character needs to ride an elephant to safely cross the 2 or 3 mudpits in this level. The last mudpit is crossably by Indy using his whip, so you can put Willie and Short Round onto the two elephants and have Indy just swing across.

Does that help? It's hard to explain without visuals... plus I've only played that level once so I'm only guessing as to what trouble you're having. :gun:

Yep, that helps. Will give that a shot. Thanks, nez! :hat:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy4fan said:
After I get the antidote, fix the car, how do I fix the plane? I see an entrance for Short Round but I can't get him to stay on the platform. I also see a plane piece but I can't get to it. I already used the whip to activate the propellers. Thanks.

I'm using a PSP.

Have seen the forklift in one of the garages? Use the forklift with one of the characters on (probably Willie because of her high jump ability) and reach the plane piece that way. I did that with my brother on multiplayer mode.

Grimezy

In Cairo from RotLA, I'm at some part where there's two German soldiers on Camels, and theres a cart i have to push, but theres like a barrel keeping it up. What do i do here?

It's probably something simple, but I'm just not finding it :|

Edit: And what do you know it was, i just had to pull it -.- lol.

Snakes

I'm stuck on the Cairo rooftops, the place just after you cross the collapsing planks. I got the key from the monkey, crossed the bridge, got the machine parts from the building to the right, but then I can't do anything else! I read that the monkey will give you a wrench to repair the generator, but when I throw bananas at him he just sits there. I hate that monkey!

Vance

Snakes said:
I'm stuck on the Cairo rooftops, the place just after you cross the collapsing planks. I got the key from the monkey, crossed the bridge, got the machine parts from the building to the right, but then I can't do anything else! I read that the monkey will give you a wrench to repair the generator, but when I throw bananas at him he just sits there. I hate that monkey!

That means you probably already have the wrench, or it's been thrown and you didn't catch it. See if it's on your back, or if it's farther down the screen or something. (It actually be can easy to miss this at times, so don't feel bad.)

xfkirsten

Question: Indy is supposed to be able to read the hieroglyph puzzles without a book, right? That's how I interpreted the "Academic" section in the instruction booklet, anyways. Because sometimes it will let me and sometimes it won't. (Playing on the Wii)

The Drifter

xfkirsten said:
Question: Indy is supposed to be able to read the hieroglyph puzzles without a book, right? That's how I interpreted the "Academic" section in the instruction booklet, anyways. Because sometimes it will let me and sometimes it won't. (Playing on the Wii)

No, you need a book I think.
Henry Sr. has a book.

xfkirsten

Lonsome_Drifter said:
No, you need a book I think.
Henry Sr. has a book.

Ah, okay, maybe the directions just meant that was their default item. going back and re-reading the directions again, it actually only mentions Henry Sr. and Marcus - I misread that one. :)

Snakes

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I'm still stuck at the part on the rooftops where you need to repair the generator. I've done everything I can, but the monkey keeps giving me the key I used to extend the bridge. I have a feeling it may be a glitch. Does the monkey usually move from where he sits with the key?

Shortie

nezobiwan said:
Sorry for the double post...

I think that acheivements are just "bragging rights" between other gamers. I don't think they have anything to do with the game. My husband explained them as ways of one-upping other gamers. "Oh, you have so-and-so achievement? Well did you get the whats-it?" etc.

Yeah basically. Each game comes with 1000 points but with DLC it can be 1,250. You have to do certain things in game to get them. Some games have special things for getting all 1,000 (Halo 3) while others don't. As gar as I know this one doesn't.

Snakes

Ok, it is definitely a glitch. I checked a strategy guide, and saw that the monkey is supposed to move the the ledge next to the generator. Now I'm really in a jam. I hope I don't have to reinstall the game, or worse, return it. Returnn..

IndyFan89

In the elaphent level in TOD, i can't seem to git the banana's of the tree to give to the monkey. The banana's are hanging over the dry sand pit!

Grimezy

IndyFan89 said:
In the elaphent level in TOD, i can't seem to git the banana's of the tree to give to the monkey. The banana's are hanging over the dry sand pit!

Use Indy's whip

fixer79

Snakes said:
Ok, it is definitely a glitch. I checked a strategy guide, and saw that the monkey is supposed to move the the ledge next to the generator. Now I'm really in a jam. I hope I don't have to reinstall the game, or worse, return it. Returnn..

That sucks... Don't jump to conclusions though...

I had a similar blocking glitch in the first LEGO Star Wars game on PS2. I ended up just exiting and starting the mission over, which did the trick.