Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

RedeemedChild

According to the rumors coming from the employees of LucasArts there is a second LEGO Indiana Jones game in the works.

However, does anyone know when this game will be released? Will it be available on the Sony PSP, Apple i-Phone or the Nintendo DS? Will it contain online game play? Will it be released something this year or next year?

Does anyone have any answers to these questions?

We all knew that there would be a second LEGO Indy game but it seems as if Lucas likes to enshroud all his projects in secrecy.

QBComics

I hope. :) It'd be fun too have new characters, new cutscenes, and KOTCS thrown in for fun. But what happens when we get Indy V?

Dr._Jones_Jr.

So what will they do with Lego Indy 2 other than KOTCS? The 1st one is fantastic. I just am confused as of how they can elaborate on the movies. I have a feeling its going to be a KOTCS only game.

Luke Skywalker

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
So what will they do with Lego Indy 2 other than KOTCS? The 1st one is fantastic. I just am confused as of how they can elaborate on the movies. I have a feeling its going to be a KOTCS only game.

It should be an expansion then.

I still dont see the point of not putting KOTCS on the 1st game, as it would have been a boost for sales (regarding children, not upset adult fans ;) )

Spalkomania

It will probably be like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - basically the original game with some new levels (KotCS stuff in this case) and some new characters and tweaks to the original levels.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Perhaps...though I'd like to explore this FoA concept a while longer. How might such a thing be structured?

We know that each narrative apparently gets 6 levels. I think we can pretty definitively say that the labyrinth would end up getting a level of its own. There could be some sort of Crete/Thera/submarine amalgamation going on for a level immediately preceding. Atlantis gets either one or two levels; if it gets two, I'd imagine that rescuing Sophia occurs at the end of the first one, which of course means that Indy would need an alternate sidekick for those segments. Algiers and Monte Carlo were always so unified in game play, I'm not sure if they ought to be broken up, but there are some great set pieces in either one, with camels, jeeps, a man in a fez, a hot air balloon, and a knife thrower all involved in the first, to say nothing of the dig site, and a car chase in the second. Then we've got the earlier segment, with everything from Barnett to Barnett, with New York, Iceland, Tikal, and the Azores in-between - this clearly makes for a challenge of organization unlike anything posed by the translation of the three films. Looking for the statue in the archives is a great sequence to include, and interrupting Sophia's talk is very much in the Lego spirit. The Heimdall, Sternhart, and Costa bits I'm not quite sure what to do with, though.

Indy~Annie

i hope there making another Indy Lego game! me and my sister played the whole game together.he he we laughed so much playing it our stomachs hurt.lol

Dr._Jones_Jr.

The game has so much replay value. I love going back through the levels with the new characters who unlock new stuff. Im still only on Raiders but thats because I replay the levels 4 times or more.

RocketSledFight

Attila the Professor said:
Perhaps...though I'd like to explore this FoA concept a while longer. How might such a thing be structured?

We know that each narrative apparently gets 6 levels. I think we can pretty definitively say that the labyrinth would end up getting a level of its own. There could be some sort of Crete/Thera/submarine amalgamation going on for a level immediately preceding. Atlantis gets either one or two levels; if it gets two, I'd imagine that rescuing Sophia occurs at the end of the first one, which of course means that Indy would need an alternate sidekick for those segments. Algiers and Monte Carlo were always so unified in game play, I'm not sure if they ought to be broken up, but there are some great set pieces in either one, with camels, jeeps, a man in a fez, a hot air balloon, and a knife thrower all involved in the first, to say nothing of the dig site, and a car chase in the second. Then we've got the earlier segment, with everything from Barnett to Barnett, with New York, Iceland, Tikal, and the Azores in-between - this clearly makes for a challenge of organization unlike anything posed by the translation of the three films. Looking for the statue in the archives is a great sequence to include, and interrupting Sophia's talk is very much in the Lego spirit. The Heimdall, Sternhart, and Costa bits I'm not quite sure what to do with, though.

It would be troublesome to shorthand parts of FOA in the LEGO style cutscenes, for an audience that would be largely unfamiliar with Fate to begin with. However, it's not impossible. If you look at the game merely from an action standpoint, there's plenty of material to work with in the stages, though.

Lao_Che

Spalkomania said:
It will probably be like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - basically the original game with some new levels (KotCS stuff in this case) and some new characters and tweaks to the original levels.

That's what'd I'd imagine another game would be. Hopefully extending the mine cart level in the process. ;)

RedeemedChild

I hope that they'll add a lot more of Mola Ram and the Temple of Doom experiences along with giving Mutt Williams and Short Round a lot of game play.

Hopefully there will be an Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure Multiplayer mode on the PSP LEGO Indy 2 game.

I'm sure the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be a huge experience in LEGO Indiana Jones 2. Perhaps the Quest for the Crystal Skull will be very rewarding.

I look forward to crossing blades with Irina Spalko, going vine swinging with Mutt and escaping in the Refrigerator from the Nuclear bomb. Another big part of the game will in no doubt be the exploration of the Cemetery in which the Crystal Skull resides.

The Drifter

I would rather see a game based realisticly from the movies. Man, that would be my wet dream to play ToD in faithful video game form!

Dr._Jones_Jr.

If the levels are longer and they add some more goodies I will be 100% enthused. Lego games are super fun. I want more of a challenge though.

RedeemedChild said:
I hope that they'll add a lot more of Mola Ram and the Temple of Doom experiences along with giving Mutt Williams and Short Round a lot of game play.

Hopefully there will be an Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure Multiplayer mode on the PSP LEGO Indy 2 game.

I'm sure the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be a huge experience in LEGO Indiana Jones 2. Perhaps the Quest for the Crystal Skull will be very rewarding.

I look forward to crossing blades with Irina Spalko, going vine swinging with Mutt and escaping in the Refrigerator from the Nuclear bomb. Another big part of the game will in no doubt be the exploration of the Cemetery in which the Crystal Skull resides.

You should make the game. All of these ideas really are appealing. The cemetary will be tons of fun. Just like the Jungle temple in raiders level 1.

Last edited by a moderator: