Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

QBComics said:
I hope. :) It'd be fun too have new characters, new cutscenes, and KOTCS thrown in for fun. But what happens when we get Indy V?

I don't think you need to worry about there being an Indy 5. I don't see any way that can possibly happen.

Dewy9

mindy muffles said:
I don't think you need to worry about there being an Indy 5. I don't see any way that can possibly happen.

I'd say if Indy 4 could happen, Indy 5 is totally possible.

RedeemedChild

I?ve been thinking about some of the Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure feature that the PSP LEGO Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures could contain.
Temple of Doom Ad-Hoc Mode

Race your friends through the Temple of Doom Mine Caverns in attempt to escape impending doom.

This mode would be much like Kart Rider or Mario Kart. You race on parallel railroad like tracks in Mining Carts just like those in the movie Temple of Doom. Playable characters include Short Round, Indiana Jones, Mola Ram and the girl whose name I cannot seem to remember.

As you race along the tracks you can acquire weapons and various items that improve your experience much like the upgrades in Mario Kart. For instance Crates like the one that Ark of the Covenant is stored in as we see in Raiders of the Lost Ark are placed randomly along the track and as one drives through the box they gain an such as the Crystal Skull which would then be activated by pressing the X key on the PSP or B on the Nintendo DS and it would then be launched at an opponent causing a catastrophic explosion which would render the particular player that was the target of the attack and players nearby that player skeletons for about 8 seconds. They would be unable to drive for until the cool off of 8 seconds was over. Another idea I have is that of a Holy Grain another popular artifact from The Last Crusade in which a player gained Infinate Health for about 10 seconds and would be invincible to the attacks of other players for a time.

Capture That Artifact

This game would be a lot like Capture The Flag.

The objective is to race through all four maps (which are locations from all four films) and acquire an artifact, return it to your base and defend it from your opponents and natural disaster.

Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Capture The Idol.

Make your way through the Amazonian Jungle Temple to the altar where the golden fertility idol stands and then avoid the rolling boulder, once outside avoid your opponent?s attacks as you make your way back to your base. Team work is the name of the game here.

Rescue The Ark.

In this level you must make your way into your opposing teams base and battle your way to the Ark of the Covenant and bring it back to your base two players will need to carry the Ark back to their base while a third player holds off the opposing teams attack man.

The game is won once you?ve made it back to your base.

Temple of Doom.

Players can play as either Indy, Short Round, Mutt Williams or Mola Ram or a custom character.

Capture the Sunstone.

Players must navigate a labyrinth into the Temple of Doom and battle Mola Ram?s henchmen and after clearing the area of them they must then dig for the Sunstone and escape in the Mine Carts and return the stone to their base before it is taken by a member of the opposing team.

Cemetery Death Match Crystal Skull Quest

Indy and Mutt must find the Crystal Skull before they are clobbered by Grave Guardians.

This game can contain up to four players two to play as Indy and Mutt and two to play as the Grave Guards in Original Ad-Hoc/ Infrastructure play while in Ultimate Ad-Hoc/Infrastructure play you can have up to 8 players. Blue team has Indy, Mutt, Short Round and Indy?s father while Red team has Grave Guards, Spalko and Mola Ram or a German Soldier.

The Blue Team is equipped with shovels to dig for a key to unlock the door into the cave. As they dig they must remain aware of there opponents and constantly fend off the opposing team members. They must also be careful of where they dig because if they dig up a mine they?d be blown to little bricks and have to respawn.

Once they have gained the key they can unlock the door and search for the Crystal Skull while still avoiding their opponents along with booby traps, spiders and unstable platforms. Once a player finds the Crystal Skull they gain amazing powers such as being able to destroy an opponent in one powerful punch. If they are using Mutt they can choose to use either a sword or switchblade which through the power of the Crystal Skull can change into a lightsaber. If Spalko gains the Crystal Skull she can cause her opponents to have to wait an extra 4 seconds before they respawn if slain by her.

Once you?ve reached your base and placed the Crystal Skull in your Treasure Chest two teams are teleported to the Area 51 Hanger for a final Death Match.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewy9

Nothing official, but WB (owner of TT) has said that they would like to continue the ties with Lucasfilm with the LEGO games.

Dewy9

RedeemedChild said:
Dewy9 could you please provide a link. I also read that there will be animated LEGO television shows to tie-in with the games; the first of which is scheduled to be released to coincide with LEGO Batman in October.

Most of all I look forward to a LEGO Star Wars television show.

My source is http://kotaku.com/5042969/lego-batman-cartoon-in-the-works

The way I read that was that they're doing a "Raiders of the Lost Brick" special for 20 minutes with Batman and not a new series of shows based on the games.

RedeemedChild

No. That's already been done Dewy9.

That aired on Cartoon Network when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released back in June.

So far there won't be another LEGO Indy animation until the next LEGO Indiana Jones is released to the public.

Lao_Che

RedeemedChild said:
No. That's already been done Dewy9.

That aired on Cartoon Network when Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released back in June.

So far there won't be another LEGO Indy animation until the next LEGO Indiana Jones is released to the public.

I think he meant a Batman equivalent of Raiders of the Lost Brick. :p

Dewy9

Exactly. That one link seems to imply that a whole new series of Batman LEGO animation is on it's way (a la the old Batman Animated Series). This is basically a longer version of "Raiders of the Lost Brick" for the Batman game.

sandiegojones

I think it'll be a KOTCS only game with longer levels. The only reason Lego SW was released as a "complete" saga was because the original games were not next gen. Lego Indy was, so I don't think they'll double dip like that.

They may have levels for KOTCS that weren't seen in the film. Like Indy being captured in Mexico before he's taken to Nevada. Then there'd be a warehouse level, perhaps a Doomtown level, then the motorcycle chase, the cemetery warriors and finding the skull, the Russian camp, the jungle chase, the waterfalls, and the temple fo the skulls. I think that would be a full game if the levels are long enough.

They could do something like the Batman game and let you be the villains too.

RedeemedChild

So far LucasArts has been silent since the release of Star Wars The Force Unleashed and the announcement of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I don't really know if there will be a LEGO Indiana Jones 2 the ways things are going right now. It seems that George Lucas is focusing all his attention on continuing to expand Star Wars at the moment.

muttjones

i reckon if there is an indy 5 there will be a Lego Indy 2. It would be called Lego Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures and will have expanded versions of the first three movies as well as the fourth and fifth. Otherwise there won't be one imo.

RedeemedChild

I think you might be right regarding a fifth film and a second LEGO Indiana Jones game. However, there just might be a second game in May when Nintendo of America releases the Nintendo DSi. We must simply wait and see.

JK_Antwon

I think adding some young Indy Adventures, and KOTCS, and the "possible" 5th film would make for another fun game. Also I like the idea of adding Fate of Atlantis. just another lego Indy would be fun!

RedeemedChild

Well let's all sit still and watch the action now that George Lucas has revealed that he is is indeed working on another Indiana Jones film. I'm also pleased that Paul Dini has encouraged George Lucas to go forward with the rumored animated television series that he(George Lucas, Steven Spielburg and Dave Filoni) are silently creating. I only hope it won't take as long to release it as it is taking Marvel to release their Thor cartoon. Thor The Animated Series won't be on television until 2010. And Marvel has no screenshots, concept art or trailers of said animated series.

Now that Lucasfilm Animation is going to release the animated Indy program that gives me hope that Universal Studios just might release another (better quality) The Mummy animated program. Hopefully Universal will get the creators of Teen Titans and Legion of Superman Doomsday to work with them on a new animated Mummy series. A LEGO The Mummy The Video Game would be nice to.