Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

RedeemedChild

No I'm not. I've read a lot of different articles regarding plans to create an animated Indiana Jones program. And last year around the same time that more was being revealed about the new Clone Wars series George Lucas talked about creating an animated Indiana Jones program.

Finn

Staff member
Whoa, Nelly. As much as we'd all be interested in seeing such a thing, plans are not a reality yet no matter how serious they may seem. You might wish to rephrase that statement.

RedeemedChild

Finn if Lucas talks about making an animated series well then something must be going on behind the scenes at Lucasfilm Animation.

I'm not saying that Lucas is currently in the process of making the show but I've received some e-mails from friends and I was in California for 3 months this year and while I was in Universal City (NBC Universal, Universal Studios ect) I heard and saw some things that I can't actually post here in the forum.

On the other hand I overheard someone at Universal say that another animated The Mummy program is being planned but it is not in production.

Personally I love to see an The Mummy: The Animated Series created, especially it if is done in the vein of Teen Titans and created by the makers of Teen Titans and Blue Dragon.

However, I really believe that George Lucas is going to release an animated Indy program, all the signs point to such a thing happening. Just search the net guys and you'll find to information. I'm not giving any links lest the sites with the leaked information get taken down. :)

Dewy9

I've been searching and I've found nothing. There's no reason that such a link would be taken down if you posted it.

Dewy9

Oh, well I hate to be a buzz kill, but that one, along with almost all the other rumors of Indy Animated are well over a year and a half old.

RedeemedChild

Yeah, you're got a point there my friend.

I suppose we can just ditch all hope for an animated Indy show, but at lest we can continue to enjoy Star Wars The Clone Wars. I'm looking forward to that new Indy game for the PSP and Nintendo DS called Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings.

Perhilion

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I would rather see a game based realisticly from the movies. Man, that would be my wet dream to play ToD in faithful video game form!
I've been wanting one of those for ages. (y)

michael

So, how are they gonna do it? Just re-release the game with Crystal Skull in it? I sure don't want to buy the game again just for that. Which offers the question is it just going to be Crystal Skull? It would seem silly to offer anything new in the first 3, but if they did, that would be tight, I just don't see that happening though.

Raider Indy

I think a cooler Indy game would be to wrap all four films together in a next-gen game based on the ACTUAL Indiana Jones...not a Lego Version.

Bring in Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, Jon Rhys Davies, Kate Capshaw, Roshan Seth, Allison Doody, Julian Glover, Ray Winstone, Shia Labeouf, Cate Blanchett and the rest of the collective casts in to do the voice work while you're at it, while finding dead-on character actors to do the necessary filler for the actors who've either passed, aged to an unrecognizable point or most likely couldn't be bothered to do it...such as Brody, Short Round, The Maharajah, Mola Ram and Henry Jones Sr.

I mean if they can make a Lego version of video games based on these films...I don't see any real honest reason why they can't do games based on the series using actual human beings and the like...

wishful thinking I suppose...But I'd love and prefer a straight up "The Adventures of Indiana Jones" game to a "The Adventures of LEGO Indiana Jones" game.

muttjones

Raider Indy said:
I think a cooler Indy game would be to wrap all four films together in a next-gen game based on the ACTUAL Indiana Jones...not a Lego Version.

Bring in Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, Jon Rhys Davies, Kate Capshaw, Roshan Seth, Allison Doody, Julian Glover, Ray Winstone, Shia Labeouf, Cate Blanchett and the rest of the collective casts in to do the voice work while you're at it, while finding dead-on character actors to do the necessary filler for the actors who've either passed, aged to an unrecognizable point or most likely couldn't be bothered to do it...such as Brody, Short Round, The Maharajah, Mola Ram and Henry Jones Sr.

I mean if they can make a Lego version of video games based on these films...I don't see any real honest reason why they can't do games based on the series using actual human beings and the like...

wishful thinking I suppose...But I'd love and prefer a straight up "The Adventures of Indiana Jones" game to a "The Adventures of LEGO Indiana Jones" game.

so much more work than lego indy though. you've only mentioned the character voicing. its easier to make a lego game because there is already an established engine, genre, target market etc.

The Magic Rat

I guess the only thing that worries me is that the game will be either:

1. Strictly KotCS, which could end up being very short. How could they make 18 levels of that?

2. Just LEGO Indy + 6 new levels of KotCS, which would be a bummer

3. Random, created stories for the game perhaps including KotCS. This could be a bummer because I imagine any story made for a LEGO game wouldn't be that exciting.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't see how else they'd do it.

Raider Indy

muttjones said:
so much more work than lego indy though. you've only mentioned the character voicing. its easier to make a lego game because there is already an established engine, genre, target market etc.

Oh yeah I know...but still. It'd be awesome!!!

Dewy9

If they added in KOTCS (with the first three) and nothing else, I would imagine that it would be cheaper than the average game.

Grizzlor

Personally I think its a huge shame that LucasArts signed off on LEGO 3D games of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy, instead of a regular game depicting the movies. Would be awesome to see what the current technology can do over what was done on the NES, Genesis, or SNES.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Grizzlor said:
Personally I think its a huge shame that LucasArts signed off on LEGO 3D games of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy, instead of a regular game depicting the movies. Would be awesome to see what the current technology can do over what was done on the NES, Genesis, or SNES.

But when you're doing basically faithful renderings of what happened in the film visually, it seems like you have to do so in terms of game play as well, which is to say that much of the challenge is gone if you're just replaying everything as it was done in the films.

The Magic Rat

Attila the Professor said:
But when you're doing basically faithful renderings of what happened in the film visually, it seems like you have to do so in terms of game play as well, which is to say that much of the challenge is gone if you're just replaying everything as it was done in the films.

Or if you change it and elaborate. Fans end up hating that more often than not.