Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Morning Bell

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another LEGO Indy, although it may be awhile, especially if SoK finally gets released this year (which looks like it will be in some capacity at this point). I really enjoyed the first one and would gladly pay for another.:)

The Tingler

Udvarnoky I agree with your on 2010 because with Star Wars: The Old Republic set for release this year along with Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings we can be sure that LucasArts would not release LEGO Indiana Jones II this year.

Pretty certain that's right, although Star Wars: The Old Republic is not being released this year. Bioware games slip enough anyway, but one that's also their first MMO?! Nah, late 2010 at the earliest.

Lego Indy II - maybe Fall 2009, or Summer 2010. I highly doubt it'll be anything more than 'The Complete Adventures!' though.

Morning Bell

The idea of having both a new LEGO sequel and the Staff of Kings game in one year is pretty impressive, provided that theses rumors are true. Getting two Indy games in one year sounds too good to be true but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Morning Bell

VP said:
Hey, we had both Lego Indy AND the KotCS cellphone game last year. :p

Ah, so true!;)

Aside from adding KOTCS to the next game I'm not sure what else they could do, unless they delved into Young Indy or some of the books. I have a feeling it'll basically be The Complete Adventures, which I'll still buy just to get the new stuff. The first one was excellent and I wouldn't mind seeing them expand on it even further.

RedeemedChild

Morning Bell said:
The idea of having both a new LEGO sequel and the Staff of Kings game in one year is pretty impressive, provided that theses rumors are true. Getting two Indy games in one year sounds too good to be true but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Please don't allow your hopes to get to high my friends. I can assure that there will be no LEGO Indiana Jones II this year. It's all to good to be true.

Granted there will be a lot LEGO video games this year including LEGO Battles, LEGO Universe MMO and LEGO Racers to name a few; but no there will be NO Lego Indy 2. Don't allow internet rumors to raise your hopes only to have them cashed.

Lucas and the people at LucasArts simply will not allow several games to be all released at once. Look at the line up:

Fraction

The Force Unleashed 2

LEGO Indian Jones 2

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Star Wars Battlefront 3: The Final Chapter.

I can assure you that LEGO Indy 2, The Force Unleashed 2 and Battlefront 3 will all be released next year.

The Tingler

RedeemedChild said:
Please don't allow your hopes to get to high my friends. I can assure that there will be no LEGO Indiana Jones II this year. It's all to good to be true.

Granted there will be a lot LEGO video games this year including LEGO Battles, LEGO Universe MMO and LEGO Racers to name a few; but no there will be NO Lego Indy 2. Don't allow internet rumors to raise your hopes only to have them cashed.

Lucas and the people at LucasArts simply will not allow several games to be all released at once. Look at the line up:

Fraction

The Force Unleashed 2

LEGO Indian Jones 2

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Star Wars Battlefront 3: The Final Chapter.

I can assure you that LEGO Indy 2, The Force Unleashed 2 and Battlefront 3 will all be released next year.

What's Fraction? Do you mean Fracture, the very poor game released last October, just two weeks after The Force Unleashed?

TFU2 is a possibility, but that won't be until 2011 at the earliest. Old Republic will be 2010-2011. Lego Indy 2... hmm, probably 2010. Battlefront 3 - 2010 sounds good.

The only game LucasArts has out this year is Staff of Kings.

RedeemedChild

The Tingler said:
What's Fraction? Do you mean Fracture, the very poor game released last October, just two weeks after The Force Unleashed?

TFU2 is a possibility, but that won't be until 2011 at the earliest. Old Republic will be 2010-2011. Lego Indy 2... hmm, probably 2010. Battlefront 3 - 2010 sounds good.

The only game LucasArts has out this year is Staff of Kings.

Fracture yes, that's it. I did not realize that it was released last year. I had read that it was pushed back to 2009 or 2010. I felt like it was not worth the hype LucasArts gave it. Personally I felt like it was a direct attempt to rival Halo and Metroid Prime.

I'm not sure if this is true but from what I last read on http://theforce.net Battlefront 3 really is the final installment in the Battlefront franchise. I wonder if Lucas will revive the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Star Wars Empire At War franchise the PC? I liked Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire At War.

Dewy9

If the original trilogy is coming out on BluRay this winter, then it makes perfect sense for LEGO Indy 2 to come out with it, which is exactly what Cool Toy Review has reported.

RedeemedChild

Dewy9 said:
If the original trilogy is coming out on BluRay this winter, then it makes perfect sense for LEGO Indy 2 to come out with it, which is exactly what Cool Toy Review has reported.

That's good news Dewy9. Could you please provide a link so all of us can also take a look at the news? I hope this is more than just a rumor. I've been setting aside my time just reading various rumors and leaks regarding LEGO Indiana Jones 2.

Nurhachi1991

Lego Indy 2 has been confirmed I'm pretty sure.......... Unfortuanatly!

Lets see how Lego can **** up KOTCS

Come on Staff of Kings be released soon :D

RedeemedChild

Nurhachi1991 said:
Lego Indy 2 has been confirmed I'm pretty sure.......... Unfortuanatly!

Lets see how Lego can **** up KOTCS

Come on Staff of Kings be released soon :D

So it has been confirmed? Well if that is so could you please provide a link?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Lego Indy 2 was mentioned in the same Lucasfilm promo Powerpoint as Indy Blu-ray, but both were pulled moments after they were published. I'm sure we'll hear more about both as the year progresses.

RedeemedChild

Dewy9 said:
And today, LEGO has pushed back the MMO game until next year because they already have stuff coming out. There's Battles for the DS, Racers for various platforms, and possibly some other games.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/17/lego-mmo-will-eventually-come-to-consoles/

This is just what I had anticipated. I knew LEGO would develop some excuse to push LEGO Universe Online back just as they did last year. I remember that LEGO Universe Online was supposed to be released in the Spring of 2008, then it was moved back to the summer of 08 then to the Spring of 2009 and now it's pushed back to 2010. This is such a disappointment. I was counting on LEGO Universe to be released this Spring!

I sure hope that LEGO will reconsider. Perhaps they'll open up a beta test this summer so everyone can get a chance to feel the game and that might help with the 2010 wait.

Below is a quote from the article that has gotten my attention.

MTV Multiplayer: Lately, there’s been a big push for MMOs on consoles. Do you see “LEGO Universe” coming to consoles?

Hansen: I definitely see “LEGO Universe” coming to consoles. When? I know there’s a few other [MMO] titles in the works coming onto consoles. We’re still evaluating when it would be best to come out on console.

If they are really bringing LEGO Universe to consoles I sure hope it'll be released to the Wii, XBOX 360 Live, and the PS3. I doubt it'll come to the PSP, Nintendo DSi and iPod Touch/iPhone.

To play LEGO Universe on the Wii would be a REAL experience.

Hit the jump below:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/17/exclusive-lego-universe-concept-art-with-ninjas/