Infernal Machine

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Tingler said:
And the fact that he shot one of their agents wouldn't have particularly endeared him to them...

Well, there won't exactly be an inquiry, considering where Turner died. If that bottle of vodka he and Sophia split with Gennadi were to get out, on the other hand...

The Tingler

While I loved the twist about Volodnikov, I was always pissed off about Turner merely getting shot. It's not Indiana Jones if the villain doesn't meet a horrific and spectacularly awesome death.

Fate Of Atlantis - turned into a grotesque mutant or a super-being that explodes.
Emperor's Tomb - splattered at the bottom of a pit or eaten by a dragon.
Staff of Kings - crushed under the Red Sea (I think, haven't played it in a while)
Infernal Machine - gets shot or survives and has a nice drink of vodka. What?!

Col. Detritch

I've always thought it would have been better if Turner or Gennadi was merged with Maurdok instead of Sophia. Perhaps Indy confronts Turner in a vicious fight and in the end he could be knocked into the tall column running through the machine and fall to his death onto the grate over portal to the Aetherium. Then As Indy tries to free Sophia, Gennadi and a troop of Russians enters the room and hold him up for the final part. The group moves down to the main controls and activate the portal and lower Sophia in. Maurdok begins to suck the outside world in and Gennadi and Indy fall in while Maurdok slays the troops and the temple collapses. Inside the Aetherium (after the game play) Gennadi merges himself with Maurdok by putting on that gem necklace thing to become an all powerful being. Indy fights him and he is separated from the monster. Desperate to maintain his power Gennadi tries to merge again by putting on the necklace, ignoring Indy's advice who says that it won't work as it is cracked. Gennadi snarls as he feels it working then the necklace glows and electricity from the gem engulfs his body. His screeching body is raised into the air and he explodes spectacularly. Then Indy and Sophia escape the collapsing Aetherium. The end!:hat:

Last edited:

indyt

I guess it can be played with the game boy advance as well I am guessing. Is it worth getting on gameboy anyone?

The Tingler

"Slightly modified"? It's a completely different game!

Compare the PC version to the Game Boy Color version.

And yes, I made that first trailer. ;)

The GBC version will indeed work with the GBA though, if you've still got a GBA and can find a copy of the game. I got bored and frustrated with it in equal measures, and I'm an Indy games obsessive.

The PC version's the main one, but it can be awkward to get working with modern systems. I've had a few problems but otherwise ran it fine without any tweaking, but others haven't been able to run it at all. Also the controls are terrible and take some real getting used to.

LawgSkrak

In the youtube homage video, did Indy seriously say "builded the Great Engine?" Pretty sure "built" is the word he was looking for. LOL!! :p

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
I used to pretend Indy was steve Irwin and crawl towards a snake... Crikey its a Saudi Arabian Diamnond back!

That's what comes of smoking Indy's 'erbs.

In fact, I think the Aetherium is what happens when you smoke too many of Indy's 'erbs.

Enich Kadar

Infernal Machine was what got me hooked onto Indiana Jones back in 2000, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Granted, it's a flawed but still good game. I think the story is good, the voice acting is decent, but not nearly on par to it's predecessor, and the level design is absolutely beautiful. Return to Peru has to the prettiest level not only in that game, but in any game from 1999.

But the glitchyness on the XP (which I've seen have mysteriously vanished on Vista and 7), the overuse of firearms, the dreadful controls and the bizarre, bizarre ending...

I still say it's a fun game, and I still play it to this day.

Canyon

I first bought this game in 2000 and every few years I go back and play it. :D

It could be said that as Indy games go, Emperor?s Tomb is my favourite, but despite the blocky graphics and awkward control system (on the PC) I really do have a great deal of affection for this game. (y)

What I love about Infernal Machine is that the scenery and the fact that colours are so vibrant. I also love the fact that it really does feel that you are reliving some moments the Indy trilogy, namely the mine cart sequence.

I have never played the game on the N64 console and I have recently read that that version has had several major improvements made, and am therefore planning on buying a second hand console and copy of IM once I move to the States.

For those of you who have never played this game, here is a guide with hundreds of screenshots: http://www.the-spoiler.com/Sinjin/INDY/indywalk.htm

250px-Indiana_Jones_and_the_Infernal_Machine.jpg

Montana Smith

Don't know if it's alread been linked, but this is a nice page on The Infernal Machine (and Emperor's Tomb) with some interesting artwork, including concepts.

dr.jones1986

I have have an N64 and for some reason never played this game. I plan on getting a copy at some point. I don't want one that has a rental sticker on it however, it seems like a lot of them do.

dr.jones1986

I just got a copy I ordered from ebay in the mail. I got one in good shape for N64 without any blockbuster labels on the cartridge. Does this mean it was a copy purchased from the Lucasarts company store or could you buy a new copy from Blockbuster as well? I paid 15 for it with free shipping.

I will let you guys know how I feel about it once I advance in the game.

dr.jones1986

Luisiana Jones said:
if u liked games like Tomb Raider ull definitely love it :D

Regards,

LJ

I never played any of the Tomb Raider games but so far I am enjoying it. I am on the second level. I notice from your profile that you are French...were you able to buy this game for N64 in France or was it a North America exclusive?