The Emperor's Tomb

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's brother said:
I haven't played it since it came out 7 years ago....until yesterday. It took me about 30 seconds to notice how superior it is to SOK. Brilliant use of the score, and I don't really care about the dated graphics and touchy controls (so far anyway). Enjoying myself thoroughly.:D

Yeah, I admit I absolutely love the score for Emperor's Tomb. I wish they had done that for SoK instead of cutting and pasting scores from the films and even from the YIJC. That and I thought that the story was handled a lot better than SoK.

dr.jones1986

Col. Detritch said:
Attila, I have no problem with a Chinese villain, there is nothing non-Indyesque about it. I just had a problem with how they potraied him. He was a weak villain in comparison to Von Beck and a little less 'convincing' then he could have been i.e. the pony tail, the female body guards (Not forgetting it's the 30's and Indy fights them) and the over the top actions and costumes.

All I was saying was that the Nazi's were in it for three seconds (figuratively) and then gone, why introduce them? They didn't even have to use Nazi's, the Jap's could have easily been incorperated into a story based in China before the war and Kai Ti Chan could have been sided with them as many Chinese did or he could have simply used them, but with more effect and over more time; unlike the Nazi's had in the used story.:hat:

I agree, they should have used the Japanese instead of Germans, would have made more sense geographically speaking, as well as in the orginality department.

Lego Indy

Just bought the game. Love it. Good story, lots of weapons, intriguing puzzles. Much better than Staff of Kings. (y)

IndyBr

Emperor's Tomb is great, but it could indeed be so much more...
The final levels are terrible, and final levels are suposed to be the better ones. The Tomb in the Secret of the Sphinx novel was better.

I still don't understand how the hell did Indy get out of Vega's tower!:confused:

But anyway... I still love and recomend the game. The soundtrack is perfect!
And the game manual is terrific, very Indy.:whip:
The SOK manual in the other hand... well... :rolleyes:

IndyBr

I got it from a brazilian site. But I did take look at Ebay, and if I remember right there are some copies for sell.

starbuck04

Emperor's Tomb

I agree with a lot of what's been said here. The final levels were too 'otherworldly' for me, just like the final level in Infernal Machine. Come on, guys (who are creating the games), stick to planet Earth and our own dimension. What I would've liked to see was more explanation in the cutscenes. Like WHY is Kai sending Indy to Prague? He should've said something like "we have reports that the Nazis have located a piece of the Mirror of Dreams and are keeping it in a castle in Prague, Germany. Your plane leaves in the morning." Something as simple as that.

The gameplay of this one was the real jewel.
I still think it is possibly the best action game ever created, as long as gameplay is concerned. Far superior to anything I've seen as of now, including the various Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Prince Of Persia etc...

The fighting system was so damn well calibrated, and the controls were so precise that the second time I played the game I only did it for the combats, and almost never used weapons.
You don't really have an idea how many different combos and special throws I was able to find. I think many people don't even know, but there were HUNDREDS. Depending on what buttons you press, (left punch, right punch and the directional buttons), in what order, and whith what timing. Same thing was for the throws. And counter-throws, when the enemies caught you. It was fantastic, really!! :gun:

Are you serious? Prague, Germany ???

LOL :D

Canyon

I got this game back in 2003 on the day that it came out, and have played on it numerous times. :whip:

I also love the soundtrack, and managed to get hold of a copy a few years ago. :D

Calo

I am desperately trying to find this game used or new for the original Xbox with the box cover intact. :p

Lego Indy

Canyon said:
I got this game back in 2003 on the day that it came out, and have played on it numerous times. :whip:

I also love the soundtrack, and managed to get hold of a copy a few years ago. :D

Where did you get the soundtrack? I love it too and would like to get a copy.

Canyon

Lego Indy said:
Where did you get the soundtrack? I love it too and would like to get a copy.

I think I got it on an online site a few years back.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the tracks if you like. ;)

starbuck04 said:
The final levels were too 'otherworldly' for me, just like the final level in Infernal Machine. Come on, guys (who are creating the games), stick to planet Earth and our own dimension.

Interesting...

I'm sharing the one player game with my son, (we take turns) and just last night as we got to the final level in Prague he said,"What's THAT? That doesn't look like an Indiana Jones bad guy. There's no supervillans in Indiana Jones"

I was laughing, (and trying not to get hit but the thrown boxes) and missed him say something about the supernatural...

I haven't gotten to the otherworldly areas, seems like a shame but I guess I'll see for myself.

Jonesy

I guess we just can't have the story quality of FoA and the action-quality of ET.

Infernal Machine was leaning towards the story-side, with rather fiddly action.