The Emperor's Tomb

michael

Rocket Surgeon said:
Been running through this one as well...but on the PS2. Is the Xbox version any better/different?
Clunkier controller, 'bout it.

That first Xbox controller was just awful.

michael said:
Clunkier controller, 'bout it.

That first Xbox controller was just awful.
Will it play on the 360?

...I seem to remember there would be some improvements to the graphics based on the hardware, (but that might be PS3).

EvilEmperorZoRG

That's the best Indy game to date. But it lacks the Indy feeling at times. Also it feels dead at some places, like the chinese restaurant and the college. No life, no people.. just Indy and the bad guys.
Indy game that captures the IJ feeling best IMO is Staff Of Kings, for the PSP at least !

Attila the Professor

Staff member
EvilEmperorZoRG said:
That's the best Indy game to date. But it lacks the Indy feeling at times. Also it feels dead at some places, like the chinese restaurant and the college. No life, no people.. just Indy and the bad guys.
Indy game that captures the IJ feeling best IMO is Staff Of Kings, for the PSP at least !

Have you played Fate of Atlantis or, which might be more up your alley, Infernal Machine? Infernal Machine's combat system doesn't have the brawling fun of Emperor's Tomb - it's mostly firearms-based - but it does have scope and an immersive feeling of exploration.

EvilEmperorZoRG

Attila the Professor said:
Have you played Fate of Atlantis or, which might be more up your alley, Infernal Machine? Infernal Machine's combat system doesn't have the brawling fun of Emperor's Tomb - it's mostly firearms-based - but it does have scope and an immersive feeling of exploration.

Yes I played both but FOA, well, I never got to the end. Now I actually feel sad for what I saw. The cancelled ET sequel... Lucas Arts really doesn't give a damn about us Indy fans !:(
They also cancelled the original SoK for NEXT Gen consoles back in 2008. Oh damn...

Montana Smith

Don't know if it's alread been linked, but this is a nice page on The Emperor's Tomb (and The Infernal Machine) with some nice artwork.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thugee

Definately my favorite Indy game!:D I love almost all the levels in the game and how you actually feel like Indy when beating up all the thugs and Nazis. The only problem with it is the smaller extent of exploration that the Infernal Machine had. Both games are awesome though!

I'mBatman

I played the demo for Emperor's Tomb a year or two back, enjoyed it quiet a bit, couln't find a video game store that still stocked the game. Is it actually worth it?

IndyJoey

I'mBatman said:
I played the demo for Emperor's Tomb a year or two back, enjoyed it quiet a bit, couln't find a video game store that still stocked the game. Is it actually worth it?
I bought the PC version on Amazon, and yes it is DEFINITELY worth it... It is my favorite Indy game.... The brawling in it is absolutely fantastic, it has quite a bit of exploration to it... Hidden artifacts... lots of different weapons... Its a great game....

micsteam

Best Indy game to date, sorry Staff of Kings (more like a staff infection), music and fighting and sound effects are really what makes this game work but a little dated now (Emperor's Tomb came out in 1st qtr 2003) compared to the new stuff out there. Now with Disney involved maybe we'll get what Staff was really supposed to be. You should be able to score a copy on either Ebay or Amazon for under $15.00 used don't know if you'll find a new copy but good luck.

micsteam

Anybody know if there's any difference from the console (xbox,ps2,etc.) and the pc version ?? I had bought the console version first (still have it)and then purchased the pc version but but ran out of room on my hardrive, lost it, and never knew what happened to it.

Exulted Unicron

I have it on PS2 and PC and honestly, no difference in gameplay. It's just that the PC version looks better, but only down to the PS2 being inferior to a high end PC of the time. The xbox version is closest to the PC in my opinion.

Finn

Staff member
I'mBatman said:
Is there any way to get this on PC still?
Is it on Steam?
It's not on Steam or any other digital distribution service I'm aware of.

One's best bet would be to go looking around Amazon, eBay or similar e-store. They might still have copies lying around, used or otherwise. Here's one I found after a brief search.

I'mBatman

Finn said:
It's not on Steam or any other digital distribution service I'm aware of.

One's best bet would be to go looking around Amazon, eBay or similar e-store. They might still have copies lying around, used or otherwise. Here's one I found after a brief search.

Thanks, i will look into it.

Exulted Unicron

I was working on my journal and reading through the manual for inserts, I noticed under the combat section, the attacks seem to be from a hand to hand combat manual. The note suggests that Henry Sr. was in the volunteer corps at one point.

Interesting side note. Wonder when he was a part of those?

Stoo

Exulted Unicron said:
I was working on my journal and reading through the manual for inserts, I noticed under the combat section, the attacks seem to be from a hand to hand combat manual. The note suggests that Henry Sr. was in the volunteer corps at one point.

Interesting side note. Wonder when he was a part of those?
A few years ago, I made a guess that it would have been in 1898 during the Spanish-American War (after our fellow member, Gear, mentioned that very same manual in this thread: Where did Indy learn to fight?)

Since the manual says, "U.S. Department of Defence", it's obviously not a volunteer force from the United Kingdom so...

I doubt it would have been before 1890 because that is when Henry Sr. would have turned 18. Plus, I'm not sure but, I think that the closest instance of volunteer units in the U.S. before 1898 was during the Civil War*, which was before Henry Sr.'s time. The Philippine-American War was from 1899-1902 but as we know Indy was born in 1899 so I don't picture Henry Sr. volunteering after his son was born.

*Someone correct me if this is wrong.