Staff of kings music!

gordyhaabmusic

GARTHV8ER said:
im excited to hear your music! i play the game and like what i hear so far! but im focused on the game to really listen! thanks for the communication!

Looks like you may already know, but I'm back online. www.gordyhaab.com

Thanks for starting this thread by the way. It's fun to see what people think of my score. One might say addictive, even.

Hey Gordy, excellent score, I like it!

I assume the rest of that hour of new music contained John Williams' themes, and that's why you couldn't post it, or is there some other reason?

gordyhaabmusic

Laserschwert said:
Hey Gordy, excellent score, I like it!

I assume the rest of that hour of new music contained John Williams' themes, and that's why you couldn't post it, or is there some other reason?

the cues I posted are the cues I wrote, minus 2. The two I excluded did use the Indy theme, but also were not full orchestra, so we chose to only represent what was recorded 100% live. There was a second composer as well. The remaining 20 minutes is likely his.

Thanks for listening! Glad you like it.

Jono11

gordyhaabmusic said:
The two I excluded did use the Indy theme, but also were not full orchestra, so we chose to only represent what was recorded 100% live.
Are there legal issues as well? Because if there aren't, I think we'd all like to hear those. And I think that, if no money is changing hands, and the product as you present it is not presently available in a commercial release, then it's technically still on the inside of fair-use.

There was a second composer as well. The remaining 20 minutes is likely his.
Do you know who?

Incidentally, the Facebook thread that someone linked to indicated that in addition to Gordy's music and the other guy's music, the remaining score would be "never-before-heard" music from the Raiders/TOD period. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Last edited:

Henry

gordyhaabmusic said:
that's correct. I don't know his contact info but I'm sure he has a website.

There is: http://www.rayharman.com/

"Biography
He has just completed scoring Lucas Film's latest Indiana Jones game entitled 'Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings' for Playstation and Wii."

And also, i found this:
The SoundCast #6 - Interview with composer DEANE OGDEN (The Way Home), SoundCast Spotlight: ASSAF RINDE; GORDY HAAB and RAY HARMEN (Indiana Jones/ Staff of Kings) Interview preview.

Recorded May1-4, 2009
Published May 4, 2009

Episode Highlights

00:29 - Introduction
03:26 - Pimping John Woo's Red Cliff
08:24 - Pimping High Score!
12:52 - Interview Tease: Gordy Haab
14:04 - Interview Tease: Ray Harman

15:45 - Spotlight: Kill Zone by Assaf Rinde
20:10 - Deane Ogden intro
53:33 - Close

Music Clips (Select musical clips contained in this podcast)

03:28: Red Cliff: "The Beginning"
10:31: "Gametime" by downRising
12:34: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings: "Run for Your Life"
13:52: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings: "Turkish Puzzle"
15:10: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings: "German Boss"

16:15: Kill Zone: "Epilogue"
08:13: Lost World Returns: "Spitfire Gameplay"
19:53: Dreams on Spec "Suite of Dreams"
25:24: The Way Home: "Theme"

http://www.tracksounds.com/audio/soundcast/soundcast_050409.mp3

Professor Jones

Mmm... the little sample from "Turkish puzzle" seems veeeery interesting... It reminds me Tchaikovsky... I would really love to listen more Harman's Tracks.

The Tingler

Jono11 said:
Are there legal issues as well? Because if there aren't, I think we'd all like to hear those. And I think that, if no money is changing hands, and the product as you present it is not presently available in a commercial release, then it's technically still on the inside of fair-use

Yes, it's a legal thing unfortunately. Well, a courtesy thing too. LucasArts won't allow the release of any John Williams material, mostly out of respect. So you won't find any Star Wars or Indy game soundtracks that contain any of his work.

This is why my music pages at IndyJones.net for Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb don't have any tracks with the Raiders March in. The original stuff should be okay, obviously.

Well, if you typically listen to the Indy-Cast, you may have already heard this, but just in case: make sure to check out the Indy-Cast this coming week for an interview with Gordy Haab!

Gordy's terrific music was featured in this week's episode of the Indy-Cast as well, so check it out!

Hanselation

The Tingler said:
All the reviewers I've talked to thought Emperor's Tomb's score was taken from the films, because it was so good! And that was all Clint Bajakian! So yes, take it as a compliment!

The problem is that it was advertised as having a lot of unreleased music from the Young Indy series, so it's hard to work out what was new and what wasn't!

I would've liked at least to hear a proper Staff theme that carried on through the game, but instead it got either the Ark theme or the Temple of Doom.

I was impressed by the new pieces I did hear, however! I just wish it had been all new.

I like the new music very much. It sounds like the original movie soundtracks, but it is playing with the basics of the originals. The cable car chase remembers me in The mine car chase from Temple of doom, the nazi march remembers in the nazi march from Last crusade and so on. Great work! It doesn't only want to be like an Indiana Jones Movie soundtrack, it really could be! :hat: