Staff of Kings 360/PS3 test animations

lao che & sons

That's just not right. Those grahpics are some of the best I've ever seen even for a 360 game. Plus there are some really fun scenes being shown there. Why oh Why did they cancel this?

indyjones2131

Jesus. That is AMAZING. Thank you for posting.

But I AM SO PISSED now. This game could have been amazing!! Look how he took out those two thugs in the alley! Look at the whip mechanics!! The character in the animations.

DAMN YOU LUCASARTS!! You'd BETTER make up for this.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :gun:

Oh yeah and Lego Indy? Not even close.

tocksic

unbenannt1nvx.jpg

DocWhiskey

Holy Christ. :eek:

I'm fuming now.

Those gameplay movies are AMAZING. And the cutscene is great.

In all honesty, this could've not only been a great Indy game, but a worthy sequel.

But we'll never know. :(

Morning Bell

Now THAT'S the Indiana Jones we all know and love. Granted, I had fun with SoK but these videos show that the game could have been so much more than what they gave us. Even on the Wii many of those levels and scenarios would have worked and been a nice addition to the game. Heck, even the satchel was there!

Let's hope the next Indy game utilizes that same style and really delivers.

Wow. I almost wish I hadn't seen those, because it honestly hurts that we didn't get to play THAT game. Man, the fight in Chinatown looked incredible - it's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye to think that we could have had that! Graphics aren't everything, but man...the graphics, the motion, the environments on those videos - it really does make a difference in how immersive the game is when it looks good, and that game looks great.

What a shame. What a freaking shame. Is it too late for them to change their minds and finish the PS3/360 game? I, for one, would definitely buy it, even if I had to wait another year for it to come.

The Drifter

This saddens me a great deal. The details in the characters were amazing. Even the elephant looked great. You could see the weight shift it's muscles with every step.
Too bad that this will never be complete. I swear that I feel like starting a lynch mob and storming to the HQ of LucasArts and demanding that this game be made!

lao che & sons

Lonsome_Drifter said:
This saddens me a great deal. The details in the characters were amazing. Even the elephant looked great. You could see the weight shift it's muscles with every step.
Too bad that this will never be complete. I swear that I feel like starting a lynch mob and storming to the HQ of LucasArts and demanding that this game be made!

I'll supply the pitchforks! But someone else will have to handle the torches:D

lao che & sons

robisindy said:
Wow. I almost wish I hadn't seen those, because it honestly hurts that we didn't get to play THAT game. Man, the fight in Chinatown looked incredible - it's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye to think that we could have had that! Graphics aren't everything, but man...the graphics, the motion, the environments on those videos - it really does make a difference in how immersive the game is when it looks good, and that game looks great.

What a shame. What a freaking shame. Is it too late for them to change their minds and finish the PS3/360 game? I, for one, would definitely buy it, even if I had to wait another year for it to come.

I think they could of they wanted too. Heck they could make a whole new game but have the graphics be this good. But I think a rerelease of the game on 360/ps3 would sell just as well as the last version. Heck I bought a wii and the game and I would still buy this version to play on my 360:whip:

The Drifter

What titles are LucasArts working on now? Indiana Jones is a niche market in the video game world. Not many people would buy it on the PS3 or 360 (most gamers on those systems play FPSers or RPGs). Heck, I was the only one I knew who had ET until i found these boards!

Last edited:

fixer79

Wow, these sure look good... thanks for the heads up, tocksic.

Let's hope that one day Lucasfilm picks this up where they left off...

indyjones2131

So no ideas on how well SoK sold huh? Might be a good indicator if we can expect more (and hopefully better) Indy content in the future.

indyjones2131 said:
So no ideas on how well SoK sold huh? Might be a good indicator if we can expect more (and hopefully better) Indy content in the future.

I have no idea how well Staff of Kings has sold. I do know that I'm seeing it already marked down in price, so...that's probably a bad sign. But not surprising considering what it is and how it's been reviewed.

But if Lucasarts bases Indy's future in video games off of the success of a second rate afterthought of a game that they released for a quick cash grab when it clearly was about 6 years behind industry standards and glitchy as all get out, then they are as stupid as the handling of Staff of Kings development would indicate. They already knew when releasing the game that they had turned off a large portion of the game's target market by cancelling the PS3/360 version.

If they actually did develop, market, and release a quality product then that would be a fair basis for future planning.

Morning Bell

I'm hoping that if LEGO Indy 2 manages to sell well enough they may be motivated to try another realistic Indy game, although I wouldn't count on it.