Staff of Kings 360/PS3 test animations

UIMJ

Search for any of the various Youtube video downloader programs out there. Also, if you can view the source code you can sometimes find where the stuff is at on the sites server and swipe it from there, but that's rare to have such an open hole.

Col. Detritch

tocksic, the link doesn't work for me? Is there another way to see the Indy and Maggie talk vid? Because I saw the others and they have me hooked!:hat:

Last edited:

RONDC20

You know I'm in the middle of playing Uncharted 2. I loved the first game, so I had to get the second one, anyway. Here I am playing this game and seeing how brilliant it is iv every way, Gameplay, Graphics, Sound and Music, Story and Characters, it's amazing

This is the game that won Game of the Year at the Spike TV Video Game Awards people. It won for good reason trust me. Seeing these videos just reminds me of what could have been. This game could have been the Uncharted Killer and if this version had come out instead of the steaming pile of camel dung that we did get, then it would be bringing home the Game of the Year award.

Think about that for a while.

Morning Bell

Nurhachi1991 said:
Do you think we will ever get an Indy game on the 360 or PS3?

I have a feeling it'll be a long time before we get another realistic Indy game. We had to wait about six years for SoK and there's no telling how long we'll have to wait for the next one, if they bother to make it at all.

RONDC20

You know I'm hoping that the success of Uncharted 2 will warrant Lucasarts to finish and release this Next Gen version of Staff of Kings for the PS3 and X-Box 360.

I still want this version of the game. I just hope that this time they let Gordy Haab do the whole score as oppose to butchering the film scores to fit in to the game.

Of course I want him to use The Raider's March, but come up with new Themes for The Staff and for Maggie.

Henry

I wonder if anyone would have downloaded the first video that was uploaded in November 2008 on YouTube. I have saved the picture that used to appear in the player before it starts to play:

73324738.jpg

In this video, Indy shook a lantern and received some punches from chineses.

InexorableTash

An amusing anecdote to share:

I was out at the local bi-weekly bullwhip workshop here in San Francisco (http://www.laughingbear.org/whippery.html) when someone riding by on his bicycle stopped to watch. We invited him to come try it out and he said, "I guess I should, I worked on the Indiana Jones game."

"Staff of Kings?" I asked.

"Yeah... the ones that didn't ship," he replied.

Turns out he's a level designer at LucasArts (which is in the city here, over in the Presidio), and was working on the next-gen Staff of Kings until work was stopped. He's now working on Star Wars games.

(And yes, after about 5 minutes he was pulling off a basic cattleman's crack with my 7' nylon.)

InexorableTash

PS: When discussing safety I mentioned that some folks wear a hat but I'm happy with safety glasses... but that I did have a fedora over in my pack. He then specifically asked if I had a satchel, "You gotta have a satchel!".

Indy Brazil

The Tingler said:
So... did you ask him about the game, or if LucasArts are making another Indy game?

Also, you should have asked him more details why the game was cancelled, and if LucasArts plans to release the canceled version. ;)

InexorableTash

Patience, patience. If he comes back I'll ask "on behalf of the raving fan-boys on some intarweb board". I didn't want to scare him off. :)

indyjones2131

I work at a video game company.

We are licensing a certain tech for our next game and a rep from that company was in our offices helping us learn the ins and outs of the tech.

The topic of the Indy game came up (same tech was used in this game) and I tried to sneak a response out of him. Went something like this:

"Man that game looked SO good. Sucks they canceled it."

"Yeah. From what I saw they were just way behind and couldn't get certain aspects of the tech working in time"

"Well, hopefully they'll get it right for the next Indy game"

"Yeah they're... HEY! Nice try, but I'm not saying a thing"

"Oh you've said plenty..."

SCORE!

This was last year sometime.