Indiana Jones Adventure World

Icybro

IAdventurer01 said:
I imagine there will be a bit more meat on his bones than the last time we saw him. ;)

Indeed. Here's Forrestal in the flesh:

Exc2i.png

I just encountered his camp in the "Mystery of the Moon Door" adventure, and was rewarded with the pic :cool:

LawgSkrak

So how do you "Place the Sturdy Statue"? Is it something you do AFTER the whole adventure is over? Because, if so, why did my game give me the option to return home after I was done Part 1?

LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak said:
So how do you "Place the Sturdy Statue"? Is it something you do AFTER the whole adventure is over? Because, if so, why did my game give me the option to return home after I was done Part 1?

Anybody? Anybody? My time is running out.

Icybro

RaiderMitch said:
anyone out there playing this everyday?

Yeah, I am. I'm really diggin' it now that Indy finally showed up. And not just Indy . . . Adventure World provided the first living appearance of Forrestal, 30 years after his corpse debuted in Raiders . . . and now, as of yesterday, a young(ish) Harold Oxley is in the picture, too. The John Williams' score is a welcome touch, too. It's great that somebody at Zynga is trying to do it right by tying in so many elements from the movies.

Nice concept art, BTW . . . where'd you find it?

LawgSkrak

I'm about ready to quit this. I've played through two different sections (1 and 3) of the Indy missions, and both times it won't let me finish. Can't place the Sturdy Statue or the other item. But for some reason mission 2 let me finish.

Icybro

LawgSkrak said:
I'm about ready to quit this. I've played through two different sections (1 and 3) of the Indy missions, and both times it won't let me finish. Can't place the Sturdy Statue or the other item. But for some reason mission 2 let me finish.

I can't finish most of the missions, because they require 10 or more friends to click a link on your wall (to give you stinkweed or cans of tuna or whatever), and few if any of my Adventure World friends visit my wall. But who cares? You don't have to finish anything to build up your character or progress through to the next adventure.

Regarding your specific problem, Zynga made an announcement a couple of days ago about a bug being fixed in those Indy missions. Have you tried them recently?

HJTHX1138

It might be a little late to say this, but I have played the game and I really don't care for it that much.

It has it's heart in the right place, you walk around disarm traps and collect things, but it is too close to being farmville and they pretty much force you to pay for stuff via credit card. I can't even finish the first mission, I keep "running out of time" or "Need more energy". Plus, It's way too cartoony, it doesn't fit the movies tone at all.

I actually did run into Indy during the first mission, it's kinda cool seeing a stylizied Indy, but I wish he did more or better yet you could . . . oh, I dunno . . . PLAY AS HIM?

You have to get to level 4 to buy a fedora. BUY a fedora. :mad:

I want to see if I can meet Forrestal or Oxley before I completely give up.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm giving up, I can't even start the next mission, I need a bunch of useless items I can't affored and I need to build a farmhouse . . . in the middle of a jungle expedition. I'm sorry Zynga but you completely missed the point AND insulted my intelligence. This game isn't worth our time.

Last edited:

HJTHX1138

It might be a little late to say this, but I have played the game and I really don't care for it that much.

It has it's heart in the right place, you walk around disarm traps and collect things, but it is too close to being farmville and they pretty much force you to pay for stuff via credit card. It's way too cartoony, it doesn't fit the movies tone at all.

I actually did run into Indy during the first mission, it's kinda cool seeing a stylizied Indy, but I wish he did more or better yet you could . . . oh, I dunno . . . PLAY AS HIM?

You have to get to level 4 to buy a fedora. BUY a fedora. :mad:

I can't even get to the next level wihtout buying something or building a farmhouse . . . in the middle of a jungle expedition . . . yeah, I'm not playing this any more, Zynga can kiss it. How do you completely miss the point?

Icybro

HJTHX1138 said:
I can't even get to the next level wihtout buying something or building a farmhouse . . . in the middle of a jungle expedition . . . yeah, I'm not playing this any more, Zynga can kiss it. How do you completely miss the point?

Look, I've played this game every day for months now, and I'll be the first to say it's got its issues . . . in fact, I'd advise anyone who's not an Indiana Jones superfan to stay clear. Like most of these Facebook games, it's addictive without being much fun.

But I would quibble with the notion that you can't advance without ponying up real currency. I'm on level 27, and I haven't paid one red cent. And you don't have to pay real money to get a fedora; it costs 200 "coins"--the in-game currency, earned by adventuring and collecting treasure and whatnot. On the other hand, an "aviator hat" will cost you 50 "Zynga bucks," which does translate into real money--about $6.25. But you don't have to buy an aviator hat, or anything else that costs real money, to play through the game.

I'm just waiting for Zynga to get through all the holiday-themed content, so they can get back to Indy. I don't care about Dr. Klaus' search for the West Pole (ugh) . . . gimme some Belloq or Marcus Brody or something . . .

HJTHX1138

Icybro said:
Look, I've played this game every day for months now, and I'll be the first to say it's got its issues . . . in fact, I'd advise anyone who's not an Indiana Jones superfan to stay clear. Like most of these Facebook games, it's addictive without being much fun.

But I would quibble with the notion that you can't advance without ponying up real currency. I'm on level 27, and I haven't paid one red cent. And you don't have to pay real money to get a fedora; it costs 200 "coins"--the in-game currency, earned by adventuring and collecting treasure and whatnot. On the other hand, an "aviator hat" will cost you 50 "Zynga bucks," which does translate into real money--about $6.25. But you don't have to buy an aviator hat, or anything else that costs real money, to play through the game.

I'm just waiting for Zynga to get through all the holiday-themed content, so they can get back to Indy. I don't care about Dr. Klaus' search for the West Pole (ugh) . . . gimme some Belloq or Marcus Brody or something . . .

Oh, I guess not then . . .

I really don't know, the experience as a whole is way too frustrating. I can't get back into it.

Icybro

They've started a new Indy story: "Indiana Jones and the Riddle of the Sphinx." (I know, I know; Indy already solved the Secret of the Sphinx in that last Max McCoy novel . . . never you mind about that.) The MacGuffin this time around is the Library of Alexandria. You're joined by Indy, a mysterious new villain ("The Man with the Silver Eye"), and most importantly:

BR4V5.png

(Yep, that's Sallah!)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Aww...the Library of Alexandria is one of the most compelling items out there that hasn't yet been covered in a major entry. Shame to see it go to waste here. (Not that this is major, though it is recent.)

Still, nice to see that they're expanding the world of the game, even if they're shrinking it a bit too.

fenris

I stopped playing the game a few months before. Never got to see Indy in the game. It began to get boring, just like Farmville and Mafia Wars.

I'd rather see screenshots of Indy in the game than actually play the game now. Hahaha!

Crack that whip

I started playing the game and then quit temporarily when I recently found myself away from Facebook in general most of the time for the past several weeks, but do plan to return.

Plaristes

I haven't played this game (I'm no gamer), but I'd like to know when it's set. Forrestal is still alive, so it's set before Raiders. Is there anything more specific than that?

Finn

Staff member
My guess is that it's not exactly canon, so they can freely muck up the timeline and bring up characters and events from all over.