Indiana Jones Adventure World

Plaristes

Sure, it may not be in-continuity, but that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't have a timeline placement. Is it really just all over the map timeline-wise, or does it have a setting more specific than just sometime before Raiders?

RateofNate

Plaristes said:
Sure, it may not be in-continuity, but that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't have a timeline placement. Is it really just all over the map timeline-wise, or does it have a setting more specific than just sometime before Raiders?
I might be completely wrong, but I think I read somewhere that it takes place in 1931 or '32. Like I said, I'm not sure though.
With that said, I enjoyed the game for a bit as the entire theme of it is pretty fun, but I'm getting very tired of it begging me to ask others to play simply so I can progress with the plot.

Crack that whip

RateofNate said:
I'm getting very tired of it begging me to ask others to play simply so I can progress with the plot.

That's my biggest issue with the game. I do want to play through and enjoy the game if only to fully experience the Indy gaming canon (and I must say parts of this game are actually pretty fun anyway), but I don't want to bug all my friends and acquaintances with requests for this and that unless I know they're interested in playing.

I friended another Ravener a while ago specifically in order to have someone to whom I could send game requests and so on, and it's helpful, but ideally one should have more than one or two people; to complete some missions one might need several copies of something within a short timeframe, and having just one or two people to ask won't do.

Perhaps any and all Raveners interested in this game should post in this thread that they're willing to send in-game gifts and whatnot to others, and we can then all send private messages to one another with our FB handles and so on...

RateofNate

Crack that whip said:
Perhaps any and all Raveners interested in this game should post in this thread that they're willing to send in-game gifts and whatnot to others, and we can then all send private messages to one another with our FB handles and so on...
Yea, I'd definitely be cool with that. It'd be nice to play this game with some fellow Indy fans no doubt (y)

Icybro

Belloq makes an appearance in the latest installment:

BTJmJ.png

sabacc

Adventure friends

I play the game as well, and am frustrated by the constant need to bother your friends to progress. One way that I minimize the trouble is to create a friend group called Adventure World, so that every time I make a request I only post it to that particular group.

While I wouldn't generally look for game friends, I wouldn't mind having extra Indyfans in my network. Send me a message on Facebook if you'd like another Adventure World neighbor. (y)

Icybro

sabacc said:
One way that I minimize the trouble is to create a friend group called Adventure World, so that every time I make a request I only post it to that particular group.

Great tip, sabacc! (y)

Sakis clued me into another big secret: Fancy Gaming Simplifier, available for Firefox and Chrome. It automates collecting bonuses, so you don't have to hunt down and click on individual posts. Huge timesaver!

Icybro

Not sure if anybody still cares about this thread -- you should! as far as new Indy content is concerned, Adventure World is really the only game in town right now -- but here's Marion:

83vL2.png

1KD2k.png

Icybro

Plaristes said:
Wait, Marion is in the game? Does that work timelinewise?

This particular adventure features Marion, but not Indy. It's 1934, which I believe makes it her earliest appearance in the chronology . . . ?

Plaristes

Icybro said:
This particular adventure features Marion, but not Indy. It's 1934, which I believe makes it her earliest appearance in the chronology . . . ?

Is the entire game set in 1934?

Icybro

Plaristes said:
Is the entire game set in 1934?

It appears so. The only in-game reference to the date was in a letter in a bottle from Marcus, and there's been no indication of any passage of time as far as I can tell.

Plaristes

Icybro said:
It appears so. The only in-game reference to the date was in a letter in a bottle from Marcus, and there's been no indication of any passage of time as far as I can tell.

Thanks! :hat:

Icybro

Enter Colonel Musgrove...

VBFeD.png

Zynga's art department really phoned this one in. Or maybe they need to rewatch Raiders.

The Indy wiki shows both Musgrove and Eaton as making appearances (looking nearly identical to each other and the pic above, except without the hat), but when I played, I only saw Musgrove. There were two voices talking, but the second voice's dialogue bubble appeared from a pile of crates. Maybe it's a bug? Or maybe Zynga's in the process of chubbifying Eaton?

sabacc

sabacc said:
While I wouldn't generally look for game friends, I wouldn't mind having extra Indyfans in my network. Send me a message on Facebook if you'd like another Adventure World neighbor. (y)

I'm still playing the game on a daily basis. I've reached level 37 and as several people have mentioned, I haven't spent a dime purchasing anything. With the help of this thread I've gotten a fairly good small network of friends that are helpful in sending and accepting gifts so I'm not begging for help so much anymore. My problem these days is that the game is running incredibly slowly. I've done it on quite a few computers and almost all of them have periodic glitches ("Disconnected," please refresh) and run slowly.

I'm at that stage of an addict where I see playing it is not really as rewarding as the time I'm putting into it, but I can't seem to stop. :eek:

Le Saboteur

GD_May_576x780.jpg

Last month's issue of Game Developer featured a post-mortem on Zygna's Indiana Jones' Adventure World. Unfortunately, it's hidden behind a pay wall; you can read a good summation of it here, however.

Go here for the digital issue.

You can also check out a gallery of concept art and character studies over here.

sabacc

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Sorry to see that not many people were interested enough in the game to continue playing. I'm still enjoying it, but I'm playing a bit less these days.