Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Finn

Staff member
Okay people, to keep the place nice & clean, can I ask everyone with problems in ET (any version) to post in this one & only thread. This is because N+more threads about ET strategy hints will turn the table a mess to read. At least in the minds of the staff.

So clearly present your problem, version of the game (XB, PC, P2), and a warning about possible spoilers.

And I hope that you understand that all the other threads opened for help in ET will be served an Abloy, no matter if the opener got a solution to his (or her) problem or not. ;)

Thank you.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I don't have the game yet, so I have no real reason to post here at this point, but I'd like to recommend something for clarity. Could all of the posts in this thread have in the subject line what problem the post regards (you know, in bold at the top of the post). I think that would be helpful for all of us.

Gregoire Defence

I am not exactly stuck, but I can certainly use some help from someone who beat this stage.

Is there a trick to beating this stage? (It is the stage with the drill tank).
I think I pretty much have the hang of it, except for when it comes to the point where the ground falls out from underneath you.

Here I have problems, I almost always die at these spots.
I going to try to explain it to you. The ground falls out from under you, then you jump and whip a beam, as soon as you land the ground falls out again, and there is a second beam to whip. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

It is on the second beam that I have trouble. I can whip the fist beam okay, but when I land, I always land in a hole.
What should I try to do:
1. Should I try a double whip?
2. Should I try to cut my whip swing short so I can land on solid ground?
3. Or should I do a full whip swing, and hope I hit solid ground? Then jump AS SOON AS I hit the ground. (This method works for me some of the time. But not all of the time. I am looking for a more reliable method.)

If you can understand this, I would apprieciate your tips.

swords

Istandbul: The Sunken Palace

There is a pillar you must place explosives on. However, I don't have any explosive charges, nor can I find any explosive charges in the Sunken Palace itself. Should I play previous stages, secret of the Mosque part 1 and 2, to find more explosive charges? In part 1 you get one explosive to advance to the next stage, which is part 2. Is there more explosives I missed in these two stages? Because I can't find any in the Sunken Palace. Or unless there is some in the Sunken Palace itself, then can anyone give me a hint as to where they might be?

Thanks...

James

Gregoire, I know exactly what point you're referring to, because it took me forever to figure out the trick!

Basically, you've got the right idea with your second option. You want to cut your whipswing a bit short in order to land on the solid ground. Only for a second though, as you immediately need to jump and swing again.

Heads up, though- after you round another corner, you'll need to employ this same tactic.

swords

swords said:
Istandbul: The Sunken Palace

There is a pillar you must place explosives on. However, I don't have any explosive charges, nor can I find any explosive charges in the Sunken Palace itself. Should I play previous stages, secret of the Mosque part 1 and 2, to find more explosive charges? In part 1 you get one explosive to advance to the next stage, which is part 2. Is there more explosives I missed in these two stages? Because I can't find any in the Sunken Palace. Or unless there is some in the Sunken Palace itself, then can anyone give me a hint as to where they might be?

Thanks...

*cough* Where can I find the explosives if there are any*cough!* Or is it something else I have to figure out *cough!*[clears throat]

Gregoire Defence

Thanks James! I got you swords

(THank you James!)

Swords:

To the left of the pillar is a platform that you can get out of the water on. (It is the platform that had te Oxygen tank on it) Jump in the water that is on the other side of this platform. You will see an underground doorway. Swim through it to enter a new area. WATCH OUT FOR SHARKS!:D
You will come out of the water at a Nazi station. But the demo charge is under the water near the station. Gaurded by two Scuba-Nazis.

J. Charles Holt

Defeating the kraken

How? :)

Apparently I HAVE to be underwater to use the super speargun, as pumping 300 rounds into the kraken from above water did nothing. From underwater, occasionally I manage to hit the kraken in some sort of tender spot and it leaves. But in the meantime I'm overwhelmed by these little jellyfish things, and then I drown. I'm also assuming that the demo charges need to be used on the column.

What's the trick? There must be one, because I died llike 10 times in a row, and I'm not set to hard.

Gregoire Defence

Re: Defeating the kraken

J. Charles Holt said:
Apparently I HAVE to be underwater to use the super speargun, as pumping 300 rounds into the kraken from above water did nothing.

Hahahhaha.:D Nice try.

Jump in the water with the Super Spear Gun in hand. Press the left trigger to aim. Aim at the squid's eyes and shoot. You have a whole lot of ammo, so don't worry about conservation, just shoot! Shoot the little jellyfish too if you can. Once the squid retreats swim up to on of the four pillars at set a demo charge. Now swim away as fast as you can. Sometimes jellys will stick on you preventing you from swimming. Do not give up! The jellys will go away eventually.
Repeat this four times, once for each pillar. When all for pillars are destroyed the squid will be blocked off, and the water level will be lowered.

Congratulations, now pick up the Mirror piece.

Tell me if you need help, with anything.
-Greg

Pog Zig

Yes

Alright, here's my problem. I beat the game, I've collected all artifacts except two and I've searched high and low for them but I still can't find them. The jade slab in the level where you ring the bells and the gold disc in the first "Netherworld" level where you jump from the falling platforms. I think there's two artifacts in that one, too, because I found the funky mask but I can't find the golden disc and I don't know where it could be. HELP!

If anyone here hasn't found them and you have the strategy guide, please tell me how to find those two artifacts!

Gregoire Defence

Well,

I did not find it myself, but the artifact in the falling platform stage (neatherworld) should be where you have to whip all of those lamps. It is directly opposite the 5 spining pillars.

Raffey

Re: Defeating the kraken

J. Charles Holt said:
How? :)

Apparently I HAVE to be underwater to use the super speargun, as pumping 300 rounds into the kraken from above water did nothing. From underwater, occasionally I manage to hit the kraken in some sort of tender spot and it leaves. But in the meantime I'm overwhelmed by these little jellyfish things, and then I drown. I'm also assuming that the demo charges need to be used on the column.

What's the trick? There must be one, because I died llike 10 times in a row, and I'm not set to hard.

This one is tricky because you have to shoot the Kracken in the eye IN the water as a certain range. Too far and it's harmless, too close and you get sucked in and die.

Staying in first person mode-- underwater-- shoot at the Kracken until you hit its sensitive eye. It varies so you just have to keep trying different eyes.

When the Kracken disappears into it hole STAY in first person mode and shoot all the jelly fish until there aren't any left. This will clear the water and allow you to move. Not shooting the jellyfish will cause them to stick on you and paralyze you from swimming.

Once the jellyfish are gone, you should have enough time to place a charge on a pillar before you have to start over and do it all again for the next.

I jump out of the water and position myself for an attack after for each pillar.

Nazi Sub Base after the boatride

I have gone through and done the big machine gun part, zip lined to the crane, picked up the boat and moved it to the far right...but it is still way to low to jump from the boat to the ledge with the door...

What am I missing?

never mind...I found it.

Pog Zig

BELLS OF THE DEAD! ARGGH!

Come on, does anyone know how to find the artifact in the Bells of the Dead level?

James

If it's the artifact I'm thinking of...

Before you enter the room with the Bells of the Dead, you'll pass through a small hallway. Equip the Mirror of Dreams and it will reveal a ladder to the left of the entrance. At the top, you will find the artifact. (This, in my opinion, was one of the best hidden artifacts.)

Btw, there is no bonus level after collecting all the artifacts. It unlocks a Gallery, with color artwork of all characters and levels.

It's an interesting bonus, however, as it includes a few characters that are not in the game. Most notably, there is a model for Abner Ravenwood...which leads me to hope there IS an extra level, character, or cutscene to unlock somehow. Lucasarts is pretty good at keeping game secrets for a few months though...

Finn

Staff member
Remember, people...

This is the place to post your calls for help on ET. Please do not open your own threads in search for help. Thank you.

<small>UP!</small>