Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

tas1987

Istanbul Shark

I am in the Istanbul where you hit the big room flooded room with the shark and the drinking fountain. How do I get out.

Thanks for any help, ready to toss the Xbox through the TV.

swords

This is a very detailed stage, so I'll try to make sense. Instead of going to the fountain, behind you there is another platform. You jump on that platform. Then go into first person view, and look down. You will see another platform down below, where a bunch of stones(or are they steps?) are placed. Jump down there. Then you can problably figure out the rest...

Istanbul coin hunt

I'm at the point where you have to find some coins (six, I think) and return them in a certain slot area. I know where the Trident coin is but I haven't found any others yet.
Can anyone help?

James

There are only four coins.

From the starting point:

-Straight ahead, climb the small ledge onto the ruins. Navigate around them (whipping, jumping and wall-hugging) until you reach some stairs. At the top, jump over the gap and fight a swordsmen. Around the corner, fight another swordsmen, then retrieve the coin from in front of the collapsed wall.

-Back at the small ledge, swim toward the underwater ruins. There is a shark circling and some speargun ammo on the ruins. Grab the ammo, then swim up the sunken stairwell. At the top, proceed until you reach a small ledge facing out on a temple entrance. You need to jump at an angle towards the sloping wall and land on the temple. There's a crack in the wall of the temple. Find the demo charge- a coin is within.

-To get the demo charge, walk up the fallen pillar, then cross over to the ledge with a burning fire. Grab two demo charges, jump in the water and swim to a cracked wall (back in front of the temple). Beware the shark, blow the wall, grab the coin inside.

-Return to the temple by climbing out of the water and repeating the angle jump to the temple ledge. Collect the coin inside, then return to the ledge with the burning fire. Grab the third demo charge, then proceed until you find the next cracked wall. Inside is a fountain.

-Continue on until you reach a dirt pathway that leads to the tiled floor of a long hall. There is a large gap in the floor, but before you jump it, drop down into the water. There is a shark, and the final coin rests on the floor by a light.

-Climb out, jump the gap, then put the coins in their respective slots at the end of the hall.

DriftingTravis

Stucking in Prague

I need some help!

I'm in Prague in the room with a bunch of rats are running around and one side of the room is filled with water. I'm stuck in here and can't get out. I try to jump from the ledge to the chain hanging from the ceiling and I can't reach it.

There is also a bridge in the room with a leaver on it.

Thanks for any help. :)

NM I found out how to get around it!

[Edited by DriftingTravis on 03-09-2003 at 11:47 am]

cdrwizkid

Chinese Puzzle? (Xbox Version)

Hi All,

I'm on the level where you have to get the blue torch and light up all the lantern things. I've done that and now its time to solve the puzzle. I don't seem to understand how to solve the puzzle. Did I miss something that gives me a clue as to how to do it? I'm assuming I have to move the 3 rings in such a way that will unlock the one door. I can't seem to find the right pattern. Does it have to match up with a symbol somehow?

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks!

tank_7@hotmail.com

Raffey

Re: Chinese Puzzle? (Xbox Version)

cdrwizkid said:
Hi All,

I'm on the level where you have to get the blue torch and light up all the lantern things. I've done that and now its time to solve the puzzle. I don't seem to understand how to solve the puzzle. Did I miss something that gives me a clue as to how to do it? I'm assuming I have to move the 3 rings in such a way that will unlock the one door. I can't seem to find the right pattern. Does it have to match up with a symbol somehow?

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks!

tank_7@hotmail.com

Press X which will give you an alternate view. A view from above so to speak. You'll see that the chinese puzzle has a pattern surrounding the rings you can manipulate. Turn the rings so that it matches the pattern.

[Edited by Raffey on 03-10-2003 at 10:39 am]

Raffey

Re: Istanbul coin hunt

Rumpled Fedora said:
I'm at the point where you have to find some coins (six, I think) and return them in a certain slot area. I know where the Trident coin is but I haven't found any others yet.
Can anyone help?

Activate your map. Your map tells you where each of these coins are.

cdrwizkid

Length of Game?

Hi all,

I posted a few posts ahead of this one seeking help on the Chinese puzzle.

I got past that (thanks for your help), but I'm wondering where I am now in relation to the game overall?

I'm at the point where I'm going through a whole bunch of trials. I'm just wondering how close I am or how far I am from the end of the game?

Thanks again!

tank_7@hotmail.com

indygabe

Stuck in Prague

Hello,
I am stuck in prague. I am right next to a chasm with a cage and a hook on the cage. The cage looks like it can be lowered but I seem to be unable to find a way to lower it. Anyway, the "whip across" icon appears and I can't seem to get the whip to attach to the hook. HELP!

Agent-Smith

dude, you have to do a running jump and then whip across in midair. The problem I have with the PC version is the part right after that. I can't swing from the F#&@&*% chain once I climb up higher. Please tell me there is a way to do this in the PC version!

Finn

Staff member
And back on top... newbies (and old ones), keep in mind that this is the ONLY thread to ask help for ET.

Quest

Re: Stucking in Prague

DriftingTravis said:
I need some help!

I'm in Prague in the room with a bunch of rats are running around and one side of the room is filled with water. I'm stuck in here and can't get out. I try to jump from the ledge to the chain hanging from the ceiling and I can't reach it.

There is also a bridge in the room with a leaver on it.

Thanks for any help. :)

NM I found out how to get around it!

[Edited by DriftingTravis on 03-09-2003 at 11:47 am]

i was stuck there for a moment too, because you can only grab the ledge from one side. Stand on the side of the water and try to grab the ledge from there. Then when you're up there you can jump to the chain(s) of choice after lowering it with the lever(s).

Quest

Raffey, Greg, you guys finished ET? Okies I have the PC version here but items wise its probably the same. I'm at Pillars of something in the Netherworld. Third last level I think. With the falling platforms and hanging lamps.

Anyway my health is really low (like 1/4th) and I managed to get to the second platform a few times. But I keep getting killed. Now if I keep trying I might succeed in getting to the third platform but I'll probably won't get any further than that. Are there any healthpacks/potions/canteenfillers there? Or at all in this level?

Also up till now I've just ignored the big stone knights and hurried to outrun them. There's a way of killing them (letting them barge up to you and then step aside so they crush theirselves kaputt into a wall. But you have to let them do that several times, then hit them with the PaCheng twice and then hit the demon spirit with the PaCheng too. Now that's time consuming and will prolly eat some of my precious health too. So it's best to ignore them?

With the four pillars that you need to turn, what's the correct order to turn them so the platform doesn't fall when you jump them. (seems to me turning up the most close platform first is smartest time wise because when you're done turning all pillars that's the one that will fall first. Or does it not matter?

So my questions really:

1. any hope for increasing my health ? where?
2. stone knights, easier way to defeat them?
3. pillars, their order, does it matter?

J. Charles Holt

Quest said:
1. any hope for increasing my health ? where?
2. stone knights, easier way to defeat them?
3. pillars, their order, does it matter?

1. Nope.

2. Yep. Try and kill the blue spirit first so he doesn't keep attacking you (throw Pang Sheck). Then just hack the terra cotta warriors up using Pang Sheck. If you're fast enough, they won't even get a hit in.

I remember when I first saw these guys I spent quite a while running around in a panic worrying about how to defeat them. Finally I just hacked using Pang Sheck and was surprised at how weak they were. They look more menacing than they are.

3. You're right, go for the ones closest to you first. Note that on the section with the two prayer wheels, you won't need your whip (or don't on the XBOX anyway).

Raffey

Yes, J. Charles Holt is correct in all three.

I would suggest taking out a piece of scratch paper and just turning the pillars then jotting down the correct order. It takes some doing but it saves you time in the long run from having to restart the level over and over.

You might not like this suggestion depending on how hard you found the previous level to be but I would suggest replaying it and try to conserve your health and medpacks.

I think you'll find it to be easier than the first time you completed the level.

You will need as much health as you can get as you move on with finishing the game...

(Oh BTW I think if you make it to the third pillars one of the stone statues drops a canteen or medpack when you destroy it with the star weapon but it doesn't fill you up all the way. I think...)

[Edited by Raffey on 03-29-2003 at 11:37 am]