Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Rocky

I was wondering if someone could help as I am stuck on the prague level were you enter the room with the chandeleer and you push the lever and the guards below are killed by it. And all thats left is a chain.

I can see the hook to use the whip with so that you get onto the chain but no matter from where I swing and jump off the chain I cannot reach the balconey to the right. I'm assuming it's the right path as all the other doors are locked.

Is their something obvious I'm missing ?? no matter what height I try to jump from Indy always falls short.

Quest

you need to swing to that balcony alright, keep in mind that the height on which you're hanging on a vine/chain/rope depends the length you will swing with it. If you're on the complete top of a chain/rope/vine you wont be able to swing. If you go a little lower you make a short swing move. If you go to the complete bottom of the vine/rope/chain you get farthest. However that does not mean you can reach the balcony by going lowest on the chain. Because height of the balcony is also involved, not just its distance. Finding the right height on the chain/rope/vine is often a challenge I guess.

lornconner

The problem that I'm having is also related to swinging on vines/ropes/chains. Once you're on the rope/vine/chain and climb up or down, no matter how I try, I can't initiate a swing. The location on the rope doesn't matter..I can climb up or down, but nothing in the world will make Indy swing again.

Is this a bug?

Quest

you can make it swing with the w or s button. The ones you use to walk. It's actually explained by the tips, guess you missed it. :rolleyes: ;)

lornconner

I didn't miss it at all...that's my point...once I've climbed up or down the rope/vine/what-have-you, using the walk or go-back buttons does NOT reinitiate the swing.

Indy just hangs there. At first I thought it was because I had remapped the controls. I thought maybe it was a minor bug, so I reset the system defaults. That didn't do any good. Indy still doesn't swing with the W or S keys. Somebody suggested that I might be too high on the rope, but that doesn't make a difference either. I've tried climbing lower, climbing higher, and whistling dixie, but Indy won't swing.

The only things I can do are climb up, climb down, turn around, or jump down and break my neck.

Thoughts?

Lorn

lornconner

For anybody else who is facing this problem, I found a solution (sort of)

I finally got frustrated and just pressed every key on the keyboard.

One of the keys (which wasn't mapped) started Indy swinging again. I'm not sure if this is a random glitch or what caused it, but this finally allowed me to swing on the vine.

Has anybody else faced this issue?

I'm trying to figure out if I should submit a bug report.

Lorn

Wizzette3457

IornConner:

DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT KEYS on the keyboard helped you to SWING BACK AND FORTH again? I've set my default forward/back/up/down keys to the arrows as well, and I faced the same problem you did.....couldn't get Indy to swing back and forth no matter how low or high I climbed on the vines/chains/ropes.

So I did what you did....I reverted to the default keys and used the W and S keys. I'd rather not have to do that each and every time Indy needs to climb/swing and jump from a vine or chain.

Please post WHICH keys you used to get Indy to swing back and forth (w/keys mapped for forward, back, left and right as the ARROW keys).

SensatioN

lornconner said:
For anybody else who is facing this problem, I found a solution (sort of)

I finally got frustrated and just pressed every key on the keyboard.

One of the keys (which wasn't mapped) started Indy swinging again. I'm not sure if this is a random glitch or what caused it, but this finally allowed me to swing on the vine.

Has anybody else faced this issue?

Lorn

Well, I have the same problem, but I pressed every key on the keyboard and nothing works. The only way to fix this problem to my knowlegde is to keybind the "move forward" NOT to your "UP arrow" key but to any other. This must be a bug. I play every other game I have with the arrow keys for moving around and it's very frustrating to move forward by pressing the "end" key for example... :S
I posted this also in the "patch topic".

SensatioN

The problem is solved in the "what do you want to see improved in a patch" thread! Read it, do it and you will be able to continue.

indygabe

The stone chinese men

Hello,
I am in the tomb and am trying to fight two chinese dudes who look like they are stone and have swords. Any help on how to defeat them?

indygabe

the bell room

Hello again,
I was just wondering what I needed to do to solve the puzzle in the bell room. Can anyone help?

Raffey

If the room you are referring to is the one I'm thinking of then you will need the artifact to light the path to each island (with bells) of the room.

When you get to each island, kill the ghosts and flip the switch. That will cause the bells to ring in a certain order.

You must ring each bell in that exact order.

Wizzette3457

MESSAGE FROM LUCASARTS...

I sent an e-mail to those at LucasArts specifically complaining about the lack of any player saves (other than the automatic saves) as well as complaining that the W key (if reassigned to the UP arrow) does not allow Indy to swing back and forth on whips, chains or ropes.

I got a response (much quicker than I'd thought) and they said that I was correct and that they ARE WORKING ON A PATCH. Hang tight!

Raffey

I see no reason to cheer Lucas Arts for providing a patch to a faulty game that should have been fixed to begin with but hey to each their own....:p:p

Quest

LOL Raffey :D well, they couldve ignored us. And this shows they listen to the fans, I guess. So I think that should be complimented :D

indygabe

the end

Ok, I am in the final stage, the part with the dragon and the evil dude...exactly what do I need to do to finish the game? (I keep getting killed before I can find out)

Raffey

Charge up the Pa Cheng with mystical energy then fire it at Marshall.

Then, recharge your Pa Cheng with the next mystical energy and fire it a Marshall.

Keep recharging and shooting the star at him until he's weaken. Pretty easy to do actually once you realize what needs to be done.