Emperor's Tomb Editing Team/Project

Indy87

I have got a call back from one of the Lucasarts personnel and he responded that you are allowed to edit the game only if you release all your modifications,levels,etc at

http://www.lucasfiles.com

The line in the terms and agreements that says, you are not allowed to release any unarthorized levels is true. But in the case of http://www.lucasfiles.com that is authorized by Lucasarts meaning you will have to release all your level and mods at that location ONLY. If you dont release them their then you are going against the agreenment.

So now you can EDIT!!!!

PS:He said you can manipulate the files and figure out how to edit them. Everything is legal ONLY and I mean ONLY if you release them at http://www.lucasfiles.com

HOPE TO SEE SOME GREAT LEVELS AND MODS!!!!!

[Edited by Indy87 on 05-02-2003 at 08:24 pm]

Indy87

Okay Now that we are allowed to edit this game
we have to figure out how to do it.
The most important files are the MSH,MTX and SLSfiles. The MSH and MTX files are in the meshes folder this is for the graphics. The next important file is the SLS files. This is found in the levels folder this is used for levels.
Now people please help.
Remember any files you modify cant be uploaded anywhere other than http://www.lucasfiles.com
We need to convert the MSH and MTX files into another 3d format and the SLS files into another level format.
We are SOOO close into getting new Indy adventures and new weopons new everything. All you need is to help.

Please Help

[Edited by Indy87 on 05-02-2003 at 10:33 pm]

Indy87

Nothing about the graphics or levels but I found how you can edit the weopon damage
open

WeaponProperties.pin

in Microsoft Word or Wordpad

please help

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, first off, take a breath before posting again. I am sure there are some people who are intrested in editing the game, but give them a chance to say so. Right now you look like a hyper-active 12-year-old on Speed, so I don't think you will get a heavy response if you keep it up. In other words, calm down, and people will post here.

Mr.Deflok

Hey Indy87, say the game does become editable (unlikely since we'd need custom plug-ins) what EXACTLY are you going to do? Do you have any modding experience?

Zucot

I think its kinda funny, first the mods were all against editing because it suppposedly wasn't legal, and now they tell the guy that he's acting like a 12 year old. Classic.

Sarnath

Well, I'm going to try and see if I can help with this. I wonder, do you suppose we could edit Infernal Machine? That would be a lot easier, since it runs off the same engine as Jedi Knight, and there's a big modding community for that.

Here's a list of programs that have a file extension MTX:

Adobe Atmosphere File
Anjal2000 Tamil Text File Format Description
File WSOCK32.MTX Associated with MTX Worm
GROMACS: Molecular Dynamics Hessian Matrix Format
MadTracker Extension File
Marked Text Source File
M-Tx Music-From-Text Translator Source File
Temporary File often used by a Browser or TWAIN Device
Viewpoint iPix File

Now obviously, you can rule some of these out right away. It at least gives us a starting place.

MSH:

MASH

I have no idea what MASH is...

Nothing matching SLS, probably because they used a custom program to make the levels.

[Edited by Sarnath on 05-04-2003 at 07:33 am]

Indy87

SLS files are used by the level editor named Slayer
thats what Collective used to make Buffy and Indy
And yes I do modeling in 3d Studio Max
I would try to make levels and some mods.
Thanks for helping

Indy87

MSH is MESH
its a mesh
its found in the Meshes folder
thats where the graphics are held they convert the 3ds or some other 3d format to a MSH
and MTX is I think sometime of file that holds alot of files together like a zip file or a rar file
so ya need to convert MSH to another 3d format and MTX needs to be unpacked or converted too
the extensions of the files are as listed
-msh
-gin
-ban
-mtx
-sls
-ssc
-boneanim
-ddb
-rpe
-pin
-str

PS: Either Infernal Machine or Emperor Tomb for editing but I rather have Tomb

[Edited by Indy87 on 05-04-2003 at 08:53 am]

Sarnath

I agree, I would rather edit ET. IM was crappy.

I tried unpacking the .mtx files with both WinRAR and WinZip but niether worked.

[Edited by Sarnath on 05-04-2003 at 10:13 am]

Indy87

anybody know computer scripting or programming?
we need someone to make a script that converts the MSH files to 3ds or another 3d format

all I remember about IM editing that some of the files were called cogs

Indy87

sites such as mixnmojo and raider.net have posted this news
good maybe we will get more help

anyone figure out anything?

thanks everyone whos helping

PS: Can one of the moderators change the title of this thread to Emperor's Tomb Editing Team/Project

[Edited by Indy87 on 05-05-2003 at 02:34 pm]

Indy87

IndianaJonesExperiance.com is trying to figure how to edit the game too

thanks

anyone figure anything out?

thanks!!!