Emperor's Tomb Editing Team/Project

MP3

It was only in the Streets of Hong Kong levels - it wasn't "portable". ;)

BTW, congrats on winning those awards. ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
It worked! I can't believe this. But why Indy always just drops them? How can I carry all of the guns at the same time?

Yolegoman

If Indy does drop a weapon, get out your Whip, Pistol, or Canteen (the "permanent" inventory ;)) and roll over them. They will return to Indy's back.

Kindof a pain, I know. :)

AND DON'T LET THE ENEMY GET A HOLD OF THAT BAZOOKA!

nOOb

Yolegoman said:
If Indy does drop a weapon, get out your Whip, Pistol, or Canteen (the "permanent" inventory ;)) and roll over them. They will return to Indy's back.

Kindof a pain, I know. :)

AND DON'T LET THE ENEMY GET A HOLD OF THAT BAZOOKA!

w3rd on that last part...playing the game without cheats awhile back, the secret panzershreck was knocked from my hands by one of the zipline tower guards, he picked it up and fired from 2 feet away...LOL! (maybe hes a closet imperial japanese kamikazi, throwing away his life like that?)

Yolegoman

Interesting Facts!

Because I hate the "zombie" levels so much, I wondered if it was possible to type in the cheats:12 (see above) and quickly and easily take out the zombies so I could get to the puzzles (which I love).

I sat and fired 200 tommy bullets into one zombie, and 24 revolver bullets into another one, and it didn't leave a scratch! If it is hurting them, I can't tell, that's for sure.

On another note, the bazooka does kill them, but because of the close quarters in the second Temple of Kong Tien level, it isn't very practical. You usually end your life blowing up the zombies AND yourself.

Just thought I would share that with you.

Edit:
Just realized that I could type both cheats:1 and cheats:12, which would make me both invincable and have all weapons. Then I could fire away with the bazooka, easy like pie.

Edit2: I played the Tomb of the First Emperor again, with the all guns cheat, and I had a thought:

"Shoot" Mei Ying into the bottomless pits.

It worked.

Another fun one is to shoot her on top of the prayer pillar platform, then spin the pillar, falling into the trap.

Mei Ying will die. :D

Although, I didn't try that with the Ai enabled, so maybe she will succesfully get out of the trap if you put her in there?

Yolego

[Edited by Yolegoman on 01-02-2004 at 08:27 pm]

MP3

Re: Interesting Facts!

Yolegoman said:
Just realized that I could type both cheats:1 and cheats:12, which would make me both invincable and have all weapons. Then I could fire away with the bazooka, easy like pie.

Good morning sir! Slept well? Good, then rub all the gunk out of your eyes and re-read what I posted originally:

"For starters, while most people know that you can open the file "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb\GameData\indy\default.cfg" with a text editor and add a line that says "cheats:1" to enable unlimited ammo, air, and invincibility, they do not know this: You can add these two lines:

cheats:1
cheats:12

Not only will the abovementioned cheat be activated, but you will also have every possible weapon - including the Panzerschreck (rocket launcher) and the elusive Thompson submachinegun."

As you can see, in my original description of the cheat, that's how I introduced it - coupled with the "cheats:1" line, which activates immortality. ;)

So how come you "just realized" it now?

Yolegoman said:
I played the Tomb of the First Emperor again, with the all guns cheat, and I had a thought:

"Shoot" Mei Ying into the bottomless pits.

It worked.

Another fun one is to shoot her on top of the prayer pillar platform, then spin the pillar, falling into the trap.

Mei Ying will die. :D

Although, I didn't try that with the Ai enabled, so maybe she will succesfully get out of the trap if you put her in there?

Yolego

Yes, indeed, Mei Ying will die, even with AI enabled.

However, in the second level, the score is quite different: oddly enough, one of the objectives is "protect Mei Ying" yet it's impossible for her to die. Even in the days before I activated the cheats, revolver bullets would not affect her, and if pushed into the bottomless pits, she would mysteriously come flying right back out.

MP3

BTW, as a side note, here's something interseting you may want to try: in the beginning of the Temple of Kong Tien, there is a room where you must ring a gong to open the booby trapped floor beneath you. Now try this: lure a couple of zombies onto the platform, and then ring the gong to have a "SLEDDING CONTEST"!!!! :D:D:D

Naturally, only Indy wins, but only if you jump over the fiery pit quick enough.

[Edited by MP3 on 01-04-2004 at 05:28 pm]

nOOb

Re: Interesting Facts!

[/QUOTE]Good morning sir! Slept well? Good, then rub all the gunk out of your eyes and re-read what I posted originally:

"For starters, while most people know that you can open the file "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb\GameData\indy\default.cfg" with a text editor and add a line that says "cheats:1" to enable unlimited ammo, air, and invincibility, they do not know this: You can add these two lines:

Not only will the abovementioned cheat be activated, but you will also have every possible weapon - including the Panzerschreck (rocket launcher) and the elusive Thompson submachinegun."

As you can see, in my original description of the cheat, that's how I introduced it - coupled with the "cheats:1" line, which activates immortality.

So how come you "just realized" it now? [/QUOTE]

whoa, that was cold. :eek: unfortunately, youre both wrong, cause adding
doesnt enable godmode.

MP3

n00b: It wasn't "cold", it was supposed to be a joke. Unfortunately, humor does not come across as well in the written word as it does in spoken form... :(

Anyway, your point is well taken: I noticed last night that there was some sort of bug involved. When I would fire the Panzerschreck, the first shot would take away most of my health, but then subsequent shots would not affect me. The same goes for enemy attacks.

Then for some odd reason, out of the clear blue sky - or rather, the dull brown tomb ceiling - the attacks would suddenly start affecting me again for awhile, and then - if I survived long enough - immortality would return. Quite wierd, if you ask me.

nOOb

my apologies then...just misinterpeted. :eek: i shouldnt have mentioned it anyway since it wasnt even aimed at me :p

funny though, the godmode hasnt worked once(since i started a new game)

MP3

Have you tried rebooting? I've found restarting Windows to help - the symptoms I described above actually happened after I rebooted; before rebooting, immortality didn't work at all.

Yolegoman

Mp3, is there a hex editor you reccomend me to use?

I browsed through google, but there were so many choices it boggled the mind.

Anyway, my laptop ships here in a couple days :D (w00t!) and then I can play ET with the AI enabled, cause there won't be any snooping brothers or sister to tell on me ;)

Do we know if there is anyway to type in said cheats on the title screen?

I'm sure there was originally, as plenty of people have commented on the "cheat" wav file.

edit:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb\GameData\indy\interfc\credits.txt

You can edit the Credits file to say something like "Congratulations /name/ for beating this game" or the like.

I'm sure mp3 knew about this already, but for the benifit of the newcomers...

-Yolegoman

[Edited by Yolegoman on 01-05-2004 at 09:21 am]

MP3

The one I use is called XVI32. I don't know if it's the best one around, but it works well enough for me, and it has a bonus - it doesn't need installation - i.e. it doesn't overload the registry and system files with the usual bloatware crap. I can rest assured that if and when I delete it, it will be gone.

And you're right - I did know about credits.txt. I discovered it a while back, and promptly added to the top of the file:

Best Player:
Moishe "MP3" {my last name}

Like this nobody who plays IJET on my computer can refute the "big dog"'s claims - the game itself admits that I'm the best. :D:D:D

<small>And modest, too.</small> :D;):D

MP3

Hmmmmmm... I wonder what the cheat WAVE file was all about. Maybe it's a residual bit of the console version of IJET - in the console version, you had to press a series of keys to activate cheat mode. Perhaps this is the sound that plays as a confirmation?

Btrains

As far as I have tried, doing the following:

does not give you god mode.

BUT!

I have invented an "ultimate" god-mode, in which every gun-type weapon, as well as the Panzerschreck, is available, AND, god-mode is also enabled.

Try it out!

cheats:13

MP3

Btrains said:
As far as I have tried, doing the following:

does not give you god mode.

BUT!

I have invented an "ultimate" god-mode, in which every gun-type weapon, as well as the Panzerschreck, is available, AND, god-mode is also enabled.

Try it out!

cheats:13

Hey, Btrains! Welcome to the club! As our (un)official welcome slogan(s) go(es):
Welcome to the Raven, Where Paths Cross ( (C)2003 00Kevin)
Welcome to the Raven, Where Paths Cross, or at least they used to ( (C)2004 00Kevin)

As for the God mode, be careful, padawan: although you won't lose health, if you suffer "instant death" i.e. fall off a cliff, into a bottomless pit, etc. not only won't God mode protect you, but it'll make things worse: Indy will simply lie dead on the floor without the screen fading, and you will have to quit to the main menu and reload your saved game. So be careful, and may the Farce - errrrrr, Force - be with you! ;):D;):D

VP

Moderator Emeritus
MP3 said:
As for the God mode, be careful, padawan: although you won't lose health, if you suffer "instant death" i.e. fall off a cliff, into a bottomless pit, etc. not only won't God mode protect you, but it'll make things worse: Indy will simply lie dead on the floor without the screen fading, and you will have to quit to the main menu and reload your saved game. So be careful, and may the Farce - errrrrr, Force - be with you! ;):D;):D

I didn't know that bottomless pits have floors :rolleyes:.

MP3

VP said:
MP3 said:

I didn't know that bottomless pits have floors :rolleyes:.

First of all, that could have been referring to the "fall off a cliff" part of my statement. Second of all, that is kind of a blooper itself: sometimes there will be a bottom when there shouldn't be - e.g. in the ducts in the Nazi U-boat base, if you fall into a vertical duct you will see that there is a bottom - and no openings on any side. What's the point of having that duct if the air going through it hits a dead end anyway? :D:D:D

Oh, and third of all, "bottomless pit" is just an expression - there really is no such thing.

P.S. Don't worry, I know you were kidding. I'm just playing along. ;)

Yolegoman

Yo mp3, can you send me an email?

I tried to send you one, but you disabled it.

nospam@yolegoman.com

Wanted to talk to you about this hacking stuff. :)

-Yolego