who wants a Raiders game?

indydude

I was talking about this in another thread but I decided to start a whole new thread about it, well anyway what do you want to see in the first level of a "Raiders" game? maybe there should be a training level before you play were the movie actualy starts.

spohlso

OK,
indydude said:
Yea, I just started a new thread all about what what we are talking now so maybe we could move our conversation over to it. about your Peru changing idea, it sounds pretty cool, but they would still have to keep it looking like how it did in the movie each time it changes. answer on my new thread titled "any ideas for a Raiders game"

Keeping the same look wouldn't be a problem. The grid sections would be huge. One time, for example, the temple entrance might be north of the lake Jock lands in, the next time east. One time the distance from one landmark to another might be twice as far, whatever. The 'tiles' would keep a look very specific to the movie. For example, one tile might look like the area where Indy whips the gun out of the guy's hand. Another tile might look like the spot where the guy ran off shrieking after seeing a statue. If they're not in the same place each time, it won't affect the over-all look.

indydude

your right, they could do it, it would also make the game longer without making it frusterating. Do you have any ideas for a training mission before Peru?

Indy87

just saying,
if ET was editable we could make Raiders themed levels so instead of Lucasarts making a game based on a movie they could make a game that is original

Plus if Lucasarts made a Raiders game you would know the plot and you would know what decisions to make and not to make.

EvilNazi

I will have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there (quoting lumbergh)

The LC game was based on LC and still as for decisions taking it was different from the movie, so you didnt know what to do by having seen the movie.

i always wanted a game based on RotLA.

a training mission? maybe you could mix a little from LC and do the tutorial level with a younger indy trying to steal the cross of coronado. what do you think?

indydude

a training mission with the cross of cornado would be for a LC game, maybe there could be a training mission were all you do is walk around a peruvian village and talk to civilians to find a guide to take you to the temple, but maybe the guide (the funny little fellow who runs from the statue that lets out bats) lives kind of far away from the village and will only show you the way for some money, so if you go from the village to the guides home there are some havitos or some other mean people who you can practice your moves on, and once the guide has his money you beat the training mission and start were the movie starts. anybody have any other ideas?

EvilNazi

but since there is not going ot be another LC game, they could just put that scene, its still part of indy's life.

indydude

EvilNazi said:
but since there is not going ot be another LC game, they could just put that scene, its still part of indy's life.

how do you know there won't be another LC game?

Von Beck

I like the grid system for Peru. Also, you have have smaller temples scattered around the area with artifacts (along with creepy nasties and booby traps) in them (obviously the temple placement is random. Throughout the level are other creatures and lone Hovitos. I'll come up with more ideas later.

BTW: I believe Peru should be the tutorial level and not "Indy's First Adventure" or some other place.

[Edited by Von Beck on 05-02-2003 at 05:32 pm]

indydude

about the other temples with artifacts, remember the part were the guide runs from the statue screaming, maybe when you walk up to one of those statues a look icon apears and you need to solve a little puzzel to make an artifact come out, if you get the puzzel wrong, bats come out like the movie. how does that sound? now what should happen next?

EvilNazi

indydude said:
EvilNazi said:

how do you know there won't be another LC game?

my father works for lucas arts.

just kidding

i dont think that they will make a LC game having done it before. but if something was missing in the LC game, was the part of young indy and the circus train. you just see him jump from wagon to wagon and thats it

indydude

if they can make a "Raiders" game surely they could make another LC game, by the way they were all very old and none of them were third person. well let's get back to the point, what should happen in the jungle to make it a little more exciting?

Von Beck

Well, the exciting part should be after you get the idol. Everything there pretty much happens like it did in the movie. The ending place should be the lake (which is not a random location). Basiclly, Preu is a exploration level so Indy can get a feel for Indy. BTW remember in IM where you could get poisoned? Indy should get poisoned if he gets hit by a Hovitos weapon.

I hope you're not forgetting about the music for these levels. They should come from the movies and not some new stuff. Any other ideas?

indydude

that sounds good, the music should be taken from the movies kind of like jedi outcast took the music from the star wars trilogy, it would add more of an Indy feel. about the poison, i don't think it should keep hurting you untill you die, like in IM, but it should slowly take 1/4th of your health down unless you use a poison kit. when you are at the part with the fertility idol you have to avoid the traps, take the idol and run run from the darts and the bolder, the part were indys little buddy betrays him is a part were you have to test your run jump skills because you don't have a whip. then you run from the havitos and get to jocks plane. what could we add to make the level longer?

Indy87

because we got permission that we can edit the game. After we figure how to edit the game. We will make Raider levels. But we need your help.

PS:Would love to see a game with Sallah and Marcus and Jones Sr

indydude

I will see what I can do, but for now we are just talking about a "raiders" game and not making one, we will leave that to lucasarts, but I still want to make a level for ET. well back to the point, I will now put most of our ideas together and mold them into the first level for a "Raiders" game. It starts off with a cinematic of Indy, the guide and the other adventurers, you walk through the jungle and untill another cutscene shows the guide running back screaming, walk up to were the guide came from to see a statue, hit the use button to to get a close up of the statue, solve a puzzel to get your first artifact, if you get the puzzel wrong bats come out. continue through the jungle and fend off some lone havitos that attack you untill you reach a creak, a cutscene shows one of indy's followers pull out a gun, pullout your whip and disarm him with it, he runs into the jungle. walk around untill you find the entrence to the temple, use your machete to cut through the vines and cobwebs, continue down the hall and beware of traps! a cutscene introduces us to the fertility and the traps that guard it, walk up to the fertility idol whithout stepping on the darker tiles, a cutscene shows indy trading a bag of sand for the idol, when he leaves the temple starts collapsing, run quicly back to were your compadre is but this time he has betrayed you, you will now have to make a running jump across the chasm and do a foreward roll under the clossing door. walk out and pick up the idol from your unfortunate little friend, a bolder dislodges and starts chasing Indy, run from it and exit the temple. a cinematic introduces us to Beloq, after escaping the havitos (whos darts are very poisonous) run all the way back to Jocks plane to beat the level. oh and every time you reload the game the game the temple entrance will be located somewere else. how does that sound? any ideas you would like to add?

Indy87

thats the bad thing about making a game about Raiders
you know whats going to happen
I really dont want Lucasarts to put their time into a game based on the movies I want them to put their time into making a game that has a original plot.
In that case someone should be a Raiders,Temple,Crusade TC(total conversion)

indydude

I don't really care about the plot in games, I knew exactly what would happen in ET and that was a whole new plot.