who wants a Raiders game?

Randy_Flagg

indydude said:
but we have already had so many original stories and they were all very predictable, don't you want to play the adventure that started it all?

Wouldn't that be even MORE predictable?

indydude

Randy_Flagg said:
indydude said:
but we have already had so many original stories and they were all very predictable, don't you want to play the adventure that started it all?

Wouldn't that be even MORE predictable?
if all the other games are predictable and are fun wouldn't a "Raiders" game be awsome, imagine playing it with all the excitement seen on the screen, fighting the mechanic, riding the truck etc... lets hear that Cairo idea spohlso

spohlso

I'm at work right now. If I get a chance to I'll post it. I wasn't planning on getting this busy on a Wednessday.

Indy87

How can you say that Emperor's Tomb was predictable or even Infernal Machine?

In this Raiders game how can their be any suprises?

Once Emperor's Tomb is editable make a total conversion or make Raider themeed levels.

You will get your "Raiders" game much faster.Plus you could actually make it and play it rather than waiting for Lucasarts to make it or they might make it.
Probly wont ever make one

indydude

I can't wait to find how to edit, I am about to e-mail the collective and see if they can tell me anything. what makes you think they will not make a "Raiders" game?

Indy87

What makes you think they will?

There is no incentive too. The Raiders 20th anniversary was a few years back. Thats when they should of done it not now.

So when Emperor's Tomb becomes editable will you make Raider themed levels or are you going to keep this disscusion of a Official Raiders game?

Isnt their a Raiders game for the consoles like Genesis? Play that

indydude

I will make "Raiders" themed levels when we find out how to edit, but that won't stop me from believing lucasarts will make an official game. By the way I just sent a message to the collective asking how to edit ET, hopefully they can tell us something.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Seems to me you should discuss some side adventures...there easily could have been something between Peru and the U.S. Speaking of which, why is there not any action at Marshall College? Seems to me there could have been...And something on the way to Nepal, of course...And on the way to Cairo...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well...not offhand...I once remember somebody mentioning something about wandering around the village in Nepal looking for the Raven...Could have Jock's plane run out of gas at somepoint...and I don't know for the university...

indydude

yea, you have to talk to locals to find the bar, maybe as practice for the truck chase yet to come, you have to drive Indy's car to the university before a cinematic shows him talking too the army inteligence guys, how does that sound?

spohlso

How about some logic puzzles where you have to decipher clues to figure out where in Nepal Marion wound up? I think some detective work would add to the 'Raiders' feel of the game.

swords

Good job IndyDude, you really put some hard thought into these games, as well as others have(can't wait till we reach the Temple of Doom one), lets see what I can contribute.

So everyone is in agreement of side missions. I think the game should take a little breather after the Peru adventure. Show a cinematic of Marcus telling Indy that Army intelligence wants to talk to him and to head to the library asap. Then after this, you have to walk around campus asking a stupid question to students and fellow teachers; the question? Well, where exactly is the library?

During your further inquiries, we cut to another cinematic where Nazi agents are inquiring Indy's whereabouts a meter or so behind Indy. Indy notices the strangely dressed gentlemen, assumes the worst, and runs off campus where the Nazis follow pursuit. Cut cinema, now have Indy brawling with the Nazis in a isolated section of the school yard, kick their a$$es, then add in a humourous moment where Indy remarks,"So thats where the library is!"

Then Indy climbs through the window, and greets the Army officials.

A neat perspective on the whole classroom/library scenes....

indydude

good idea swords, and when the army inteligence ask what happened out in the school yards indy says "sorry just a bit of a holdup" as if that happens every day. keep coming up with more ideas I will be here.

spohlso

This is my idea for Cairo. Check out this picture:

http://www.geocities.com/sean_ohlson/home.html

(I tried to just post the picture, but it kept coming through as a broken image.)

At any rate, it harkens back to my 'random Peru' concept. Imagine you're looking down on a 3-D cairo. The squares represent the roofs of buildings. The black squares would be buildings that are a permanent part of the 3-D environment. The blue squares are buildings that are randomly generated. Each time the game starts, the blue squares would be in a different place. Inside the game, blue squares and black squares would just look like the stucco walls of Cairo. The end result would be an entirely new set of streets every time you played with a minimum of programming.

That way, you could explore Cairo every time you played instead of memorizing the map. Just a little something to keep the game from getting dull.

Also, to borrow an idea from the original Atari version, the Tanis dig would be set up in a similar fashion. The 'Well of Souls' would be in a different area of Tanis each time a new game was started. You would always have to go to the map room to figure out where to dig.

Instead of having to program entirely new maps, inserted 'sectionals' would change the entire layout of an area.